Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yeah seems like he could be a decent 5 technique end too in the new 3-4 as he played some inside and outside in college from what I remember. I have heard the red flags about him too and heard he came out for his family so that does make sense to me.

The only thing is that his game actually reminds me some of Ruckers so don't think he is a necessity in the draft this year and for that matter anyone on the line after Winn, Hughes emergence and Kitchen playing well too where he can be depth behind Rubin. I'm sure they will get another depth end but Gholston will probably go in the 3 or 4th round where Id rather just see them pick up a depth FA DE this year.
    If he goes in the 3/4 then I would agree we do not need him. I was thinking he would be more of a 6/7. He fell off in a suspect B1G conference which also hurt his stock. I do think he will do well at the combine if he actually cares and thus boost his stock. I could also see him go into it with no preparation and fall even further.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading down for a second round pick and getting Vacarro. Then use the second on a CB like Xavier Rhodes. Then use our third round on an OLB like Chase Thomas from Stanford.

Our defense would be set with one or two FA signings.
    I agree with Vaccarro and this scenario would be awesome. I think we will get a CB and OLB in FA and draft a DE in the first round after trading down to pick up a second rnd. I believe we pick a TE in the second. A WR in the third. A guard in the 4th. A FS in the 5TH. a punter in the 6th. An OLB in the seventh.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    I agree with Vaccarro and this scenario would be awesome. I think we will get a CB and OLB in FA and draft a DE in the first round after trading down to pick up a second rnd. I believe we pick a TE in the second. A WR in the third. A guard in the 4th. A FS in the 5TH. a punter in the 6th. An OLB in the seventh.
    Any reason you are thinking WR in the 3rd or just a hunch? Any thoughts type of receiver, slot? Possession? Burner? Just curious, IMO they stay away from WR as they took one in the middle last year in Benjamin and essentially drafted one in the second this year already with Gordon. I see a veteran WR coming through FA. Just my 2 cents no one really knows.

vCash
    1. Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
    The Browns have to find a franchise quarterback to compete for the AFC North. There are none worth taking here, however - I could be wrong, but I think I remember hearing Michael Lombardi say there was no quarterback worth taking early this year - but that's OK because they need to improve their pass rush as well. Jabaal Sheard led the team in sacks with only seven. Juqua Parker-Thomas was next with six, and he'll be a 35-year-old free agent this offseason.

Barkevious Mingo is the slight favorite at this spot right now, but don't count out Jarvis Jones or even Ezekiel Ansah. Jones has too many red flags though, and Ansah could be tempting. He was more productive than Mingo this past season and possesses more upside. I may eventually slot him here.

3. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
    Ben Watson is a free agent, while Jordan Cameron, drafted by the old regime, hasn't shown much yet. The Browns will likely search for a tight end upgrade this offseason.

Pick change; previously Landry Jones, QB

4. Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
    New regimes mean new quarterbacks, so even if Michael Lombardi trades for Ryan Mallett, as discussed earlier, he could spend a mid-round selection on a developmental signal-caller.

Pick change; previously Dion Sims, TE
    walterfootball

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Any reason you are thinking WR in the 3rd or just a hunch? Any thoughts type of receiver, slot? Possession? Burner? Just curious, IMO they stay away from WR as they took one in the middle last year in Benjamin and essentially drafted one in the second this year already with Gordon. I see a veteran WR coming through FA. Just my 2 cents no one really knows.
    I just think that we will lose Cribbs and MoMass soon so they will need replaced. Probably with a slot receiver.IMO.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I'll throw out an end of January Full Cleveland Browns Mock Draft since I am bored at work and with the Senior Bowl here and gone. Wont do this again till after combine:

1) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas - I think Werner, Moore and Miliner will all be gone at this point in the draft. I also have concerns about Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo and that is the only other players I can see them looking at in this spot. This might be high right now for Vacarro but I think he is going to move up boards through the process ala Mark Barron last year and he worked out pretty well. Also this draft doesn't have too many stand out talents where I believe #1 to #20 are all closesly ranked. Just depends on what your scouting department has as their big board and what they need/value. Vacarro I feel too would have a greater impact at FS with Horton coming on board now too than a Miliner would at CB and would rather just find that option in FA. Things I like about Vaccaro: has great strength where he can overpower slot WR's and still strong enough to play against TE's (a bigger concern in todays NFL), covers a lot of field not with elite speed but instead IQ as a CF'er and his instincts, has no problem coming up and sticking his nose in the run game, and is versatile as he played a lot of different positions at Texas such as "star" or "money" in packages while also playing ST's.

3) Jordan Reed TE Florida - I actually like this suggestion by Walter. Reed reminds me a lot of Aaron Hernandez and coincedentally enough that is who he succeded. He has very good hands, is quick and athletic and Safeties have to cover him most of the times as he is able to get over the top of LB'ers. Would need to sign a FA In-Line TE to go with him as Cameron nor Reed can really block and I don't see either one of them growing into a player that can but Reed and Cameron if utilized right which Chud and Norv love their athletic TE's can really become a good duo IMO while allowing Gordon, Benjamin and Little to work outside.

4) Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida State - Yes homer pick but if he can come back from his Lisfranc injury clean then he would be a steal in the fourth round which I have seen him projected at so far in the draft season. Might take a little while for him to get going due to him missing a full year of football activities where it might be expected as just a situational pass rusher right now while signing a starting OLB like Shaun Phillips or Paul Kruger but if he can return to 2011 form then the Browns would be getting a leaner, more quick off the edge Kamerion Wimbley type. The biggest ? concerning him outside of the injury is his run support but that was in the 4-3 he ran at FSU where he struggled to get off the line against bigger blockers where in the 3-4 he would have more room to roam sideline to sideline and read and react to the play that he does better standing up than with his hand in the dirt.

5) Robert Alford CB Southeast Louisiana - I don't know if he will be here in the fifth after his performance in the Senior Bowl but this is where I have seen him projected so far. Speedy 6'0 190 guy that runs in the 4.4's and plays outside corner and Kick/Punt returner. Was a Buck Buchanan finalists this year and had 10 Ints' throughout career which was 3rd all time through his school. Very good jam corner that doesn't mind getting physical and has speed to make up for it. Needs to work on his zone coverage as well as his run support but in the 5th I think he could see significant time with the Browns next year.

6) Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech - Big WR that is 6'4 225 that runs in the 4.5's. Reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffrey but is more unheard of and will run block when asked too. Just is very hot and cold and if he can flashes at the combine he could go as early as the 4th but right now this is where I see him.

7) Dustin Hopkins K Florida State - Homer pick again but all time FG leader in FBS history.

Add two OLB's, a veteran possession WR, a starting Corner opposite Haden, a Punter, a speed/scat RB and possibly a Guard and see what Weeden can do. I might be inclined to say add ILB depth too just in case Gocung isn't brought back.

Need 6 definate FA's that can come in and contribute right away with the possiblity of 4 FA's needed to be signed for depth purposes.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 01-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Every time I hear someone mention Marcus Davis I immediately think of this: http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia...-blocking-ever

It never gets old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Every time I hear someone mention Marcus Davis I immediately think of this: http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia...-blocking-ever

It never gets old
    Haha I remember that FSU game, almost gave me a heart attack. Like I said the kid is very hot and cold and thats why he reminds me a lot of Jeffrey last year because he has so much talent that he could have been a second round pick IMO if he actually seemed like he cared at times. Funny thing is he can block and did a good job in the Ga Tech game to open the season but then there is just times that he just doesn't even try putting a hand on a guy.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Haha I remember that FSU game, almost gave me a heart attack. Like I said the kid is very hot and cold and thats why he reminds me a lot of Jeffrey last year because he has so much talent that he could have been a second round pick IMO if he actually seemed like he cared at times. Funny thing is he can block and did a good job in the Ga Tech game to open the season but then there is just times that he just doesn't even try putting a hand on a guy.
    I didn't watch VT at all last year so I don't really know anything about him. I'm sure he picked up his blocking after that video came out though. Had to be embarrassing for him.

vCash
    Isn't draft related Melo but I remember you saying you look at WFNY.com. If you still do there is a pretty good Film Room of Horton's defense last year.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...nse-look-like/

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Good read. The more Horton talks, and the more review of his Cardinal Ds, I do not think this is going to be that big of a change. I think be April, we will have a much better idea of what the Browns are thinking in the draft. Just have to wait until FA starts to really see where the Browns think they can get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Good read. The more Horton talks, and the more review of his Cardinal Ds, I do not think this is going to be that big of a change. I think be April, we will have a much better idea of what the Browns are thinking in the draft. Just have to wait until FA starts to really see where the Browns think they can get better.
    The thing that is different in defensive switches too is that this time around the Browns actually have talent to build around and thats young talent that still can be taught.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Isn't draft related Melo but I remember you saying you look at WFNY.com. If you still do there is a pretty good Film Room of Horton's defense last year.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...nse-look-like/
    That's awesome, thanks for posting Otto.

vCash
    Watched a few scouting videos of Jarvis Jones and the kid is really impressive. He is a terror when rushing the passer. His short area quickness makes him a tough match-up for any tackle. The thing that I noticed the most is that he seems like he is in his element when he drops back into coverage or when he is covering TEs or RBs. For a lot of the top prospects looking to make the move from DE to OLB this is a major concern teams will have but the tape doesn't lie for Jones. I would have to draw a favorable comparison to Clay Matthews due to the physicality he plays with. It really all depends on how he checks out medically at the combine and during his team visits with their doctors. I would not be opposed to the Browns taking him at #6 if he makes it there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    Watched a few scouting videos of Jarvis Jones and the kid is really impressive. He is a terror when rushing the passer. His short area quickness makes him a tough match-up for any tackle. The thing that I noticed the most is that he seems like he is in his element when he drops back into coverage or when he is covering TEs or RBs. For a lot of the top prospects looking to make the move from DE to OLB this is a major concern teams will have but the tape doesn't lie for Jones. I would have to draw a favorable comparison to Clay Matthews due to the physicality he plays with. It really all depends on how he checks out medically at the combine and during his team visits with their doctors. I would not be opposed to the Browns taking him at #6 if he makes it there.
    Agree with all but his condition is nothing to mess with. One bad hit and it could literally end his entire career. Thats the risk though you take I guess and that is why a lot of teams I have heard might not even have him as a first round grade ala Bowers couple years back.

I think he is the best overall talent in this draft no matter if he is in a 3-4 like a Matthews type player or a 4-3 as a Von Miller type. Its just those darn medical concerns and if 99% out of 100% check out on the guy do you want to be the GM that uses a top 10 pick on the kid not knowing about that 1%. Thats how GMs lose jobs.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast