Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Otto, you got me hooked on Vaccaro now too.

If the Browns stay put, I hope they go CB as I think FA can get us backers/DE more than CB although CB can easily be found too and I don't see any other positions worth the 6th overall pick given our roster.

Best Case for me as it stands today would be to trade the 6th pick (1,600 value) to the Buccaneers, so they can draft Dee Milliner (hopefully he is still there). In return the Browns would get their 1st (13th overall 1,150) and 2nd (43rd overall 470) CLE would win be 20 value points so we would possible throw in a conditional late round pick to balance everything. TB biggest need is CB as they were terrible last year so I could see them wanting to jump up to get Dee. The Browns would then be able to get FS Vaccaro (probably still there at 13), and also replace there 2nd round pick. We could get a TE in the 2nd, or even go after a CB to groom for a year or two behind Brown or someone else we bring in in FA.

Starting to really think positively about the Browns. Don't know if it is all the change and hearing the new guys speak so positively, or if the Browns are actually almost ready to finally turn the corner.

vCash
    For the draft value I used the following link. Not sure if it is correct, just googled it and assumed it was close to being accurate.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

vCash
    I would not be surprised to see Vacarro being talked about as a top 10 pick after the combine and leading up to the draft where he could end up being a possibility at #6 as he might not be there at #14-18 range especially after seeing how Earl Thomas and Mark Barron have played the last two-one years and were high up too.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    1. Sam Montgomery* DE LSU
    3. DeAndre Hopkins* WR Clemson
    4. Nico Johnson OLB Alabama
    5. Johnny Adams CB Michigan State
    6. Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
    7. Quinn Sharp PT Oklahoma State
    draftsite

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Haha, I don't like one thing about that. Montgomery has become the forgotten man though recently. I just don't like him as an OLB and think he is too small for 5 technique DE. Would rather have Mingo if they go DE/OLB from LSU because of his athleticism and pass rushing ability off the corner. Plus his wingspan is ridiculous.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I'm not keen on it either. Walter will have a new one up tonight.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    A lot of NFL experts are saying that Vaccaro might go as high as #5, to Detroit. Which is logical

vCash
    I guess I could see that happening too. Also, I am not sure Dee is there at 6 as Detroit could take him too.

vCash
    Yeah either way there should be a good defensive player there at #6 and with the Browns needing to at least right now fill a CB, FS and OLB pass rusher spot they should be albe to take their BPA between those. The crazy thing though is that this year is very spread out because no clear cut #1 QB's or really any offensive specialty players where the only thing I think I know about the draft is that Joeckel will go in the top 5. Who knows about that though now as Fisher has been climbing fast and could overtake Joeckel from what I am hearing in regards to LT talent.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Round 1: Dee Milliner (Alabama: CB)
    Round 3: Jamie Collins (Southern Miss: OLB)
    Round 4: T.J. McDonald (USC: FS)
    Round 5: Garrett Gilkey (Chadron State: OG)
    Round 6/Pick 5: Joseph Fauria (UCLA: TE)
    Round 6/Pick 7 (Eagles): Quinn Sharp (OkST: K/P)
    - B/R

Not the best incite, but one of the few full 7 round mocks.

I wouldn't mind this draft. I'm not sure Milliner will be there at 6 as many have him going to Detroit at 5. Also, don't know that McDonald is there in the 4th. If he is, I think that is a great mid round draft pick. He struggled this year and fell off. Hopefully Horton would be able to coach him and get him on track. There are a lot of safeties this year in a group, and until after the combine, I think it is going to be hard to really figure out when each will be drafted. I could see McDonald go as high as the 2nd, but could also see him sitting on draft boards until the third day.

vCash
    According to Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki, USC senior S T.J. McDonald has "warranted some free-agent grades from veteran NFL evaluators," with poor play this season.
    Nawrocki states that McDonald is "noticeably taking too many bad angles, getting erased on the second level and gingerly stepping up in run support" on film this season and last. The chances that McDonald goes undrafted are slim, and Nawrocki even admits that, but McDonald has not taken the next step as many predicted prior to the season.
    Some NFL scouts are reportedly describing USC S T.J. McDonald as a "better version of Taylor Mays" after a poor Senior Bowl week.McDonald also had a poor senior season on the field, taking poor angles and lacking an attacking mentality in run support. Pro Football Weekly even reported during the season that some "veteran NFL evaluators" were grading McDonald as an undrafted free agent. He's unlikely to be more than a third-day pick. Jan 24 - 12:11 PM
    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/131277/tj-mcdonald

I think the 4th to 5th round is exactly where he should be right now. I know he didn't have much help on the USC defensive side of the ball but he played pretty bad this year. I think he will end up like Pat Chung in NE right now and not 2 years ago when he was actually decent.

The only two things I liked about that draft were Miliner in the first and Fauria in the fifth.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/131277/tj-mcdonald

I think the 4th to 5th round is exactly where he should be right now. I know he didn't have much help on the USC defensive side of the ball but he played pretty bad this year. I think he will end up like Pat Chung in NE right now and not 2 years ago when he was actually decent.

The only two things I liked about that draft were Miliner in the first and Fauria in the fifth.
    Still too early in my mind to really get too caught up past the first round. I didn't hate any picks, but as you said didn't love many either. Just thought it was interesting to see other names popping up to look into as that is about all you can do these days. Usually never get many right just interesting to hear others ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Still too early in my mind to really get too caught up past the first round. I didn't hate any picks, but as you said didn't love many either. Just thought it was interesting to see other names popping up to look into as that is about all you can do these days. Usually never get many right just interesting to hear others ideas.
    Oh ya, I love draft time not because of the token Browns fans only liking this time but because I love watching college games, past and present as it helps with my HS coaching, love speculating and seeing other peoples feelings on a prospect and how they can contribute to a certain team and love evaluating young talent.

Plus at this team you as a fan can put anybody on your respected fandom team and get excited about the upcoming season without that individual actually ever being or going to be on that team.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    One underclassmen I like is William Gholston. He will most likely be a 3rd day player and I don't understand why he came out as I think his game needs more polish, but I am intrigued by his size and god given ability. He played a little too high at times, and his attitude is questionable (punched a Wisconsin player). But he does show explosion off the line and above average pass rush.

I have read that he is coming out more than likely to provide for his young son. Not the best reason to leave early but understandable. He doesn't seem to be completely level headed, but his size, speed, and strength are very intriguing to take a risk on a late round player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    One underclassmen I like is William Gholston. He will most likely be a 3rd day player and I don't understand why he came out as I think his game needs more polish, but I am intrigued by his size and god given ability. He played a little too high at times, and his attitude is questionable (punched a Wisconsin player). But he does show explosion off the line and above average pass rush.

I have read that he is coming out more than likely to provide for his young son. Not the best reason to leave early but understandable. He doesn't seem to be completely level headed, but his size, speed, and strength are very intriguing to take a risk on a late round player.
    Yeah seems like he could be a decent 5 technique end too in the new 3-4 as he played some inside and outside in college from what I remember. I have heard the red flags about him too and heard he came out for his family so that does make sense to me.

The only thing is that his game actually reminds me some of Ruckers so don't think he is a necessity in the draft this year and for that matter anyone on the line after Winn, Hughes emergence and Kitchen playing well too where he can be depth behind Rubin. I'm sure they will get another depth end but Gholston will probably go in the 3 or 4th round where Id rather just see them pick up a depth FA DE this year.

HOYERMANIA!!!

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast