Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 official NFL Draft thread.

Here it is yet again. As many of you wanted so early on the season.

Currently here are the picks we have:

Plus we have a pick coming over from Phily for David Sims undisclosed as of now. I'd guess a 6th or 7th. Also I think we should recieve 2 comp picks for Hillis and Mike Adams.
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 12-31-2012 at 03:01 AM.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Yup....it's about that time again!!!

Several online mock draft sites have their predictions for the Browns (not all have them sitting at 6-7...so some are a little outdated, but this is what the "pros" are saying about our draft)

Walterfootball.com - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    bleacherreport.com - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    drafttek.com - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    fansided.com - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    draftsite.com - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    Rob Rang (cbssports.com) - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    Dane Brugler (cbssports.com) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    fftoolbox.com - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    nflmocks.com - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    mynfldraft.com - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    footballsfuture.com - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Some are a little more reputable than others...but, again, this is what the "pros" are saying. Still VERY early...could address a need or 2 via free agency before the draft...which would obviously change the pick strategy.

vCash
    I would like to have Werner or Millliner. Back Millliner is a need but Warner is a freak at his position and we would not be able to pass up on him.he probably will not make it out of the top 5. I also would like Tyler Bray in the third round but he probably will move up draft boards into the second round. We also need a free safety and another wide receiver and guard. Thoughts?
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Will have to wait on who the new regime is before I make any predictions on who the Browns might be interested in. We have no idea what schemes are going to be ran yet.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Yeah and the Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro-days, etc., are going to change a lot of things as well. I'm mainly thinking in terms of positions I would like us to address. I'd like to see us target the secondary, another pass rusher, and another guard. I think the need for secondary is our biggest one, but if we can get an elite type of pass rusher it would really make our defense more dynamic.

I can't wait to see how crazy this thread gets in these next few months

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Yeah and the Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro-days, etc., are going to change a lot of things as well. I'm mainly thinking in terms of positions I would like us to address. I'd like to see us target the secondary, another pass rusher, and another guard. I think the need for secondary is our biggest one, but if we can get an elite type of pass rusher it would really make our defense more dynamic.

I can't wait to see how crazy this thread gets in these next few months
    Yeah, I don't know how many times I went back and forth on prospects between January to April last year. More interested in the coaching, FO changes right now than the draft because that will be the most influential thing regarding the draft. I remember last year the only prospect I really wanted in December was RG3 and had to argue for 3 months with fools that said he wasn't going to be any good. Really not interested in doing that again this offseason. Right now though if they stayed in the 4-3 and he was available I would take Werner the Germanator with first pick. I wouldn't trade down either. Time to start getting impact players instead of depth for this team. Also the FSU ties help.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    I would be thrilled with Werner. A lot of draft analysts are expecting him to possibly go in the top 3 picks but like we both said, a lot can change between now and April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I would be thrilled with Werner. A lot of draft analysts are expecting him to possibly go in the top 3 picks but like we both said, a lot can change between now and April.
    Yeah its going to be interesting because this year there really is not clear cut top players ie Luck and RG3 last year around this time but instead players at different positions that could all have an impact and all could be taken from 1-15 IMO right now and the combine, Senior Bowl, interviews, Pro Days, etc will make a lot of difference this year in deciding that. Plus it doesn't make it easy to predict this draft yet because there are about 3-4 QB's that are bunched together at the top that could go in any order and you know that they will be taken in the first round just because of how many teams out there will be looking for QB's so that will play a big hand in the draft as well.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Yeah, the QB situation is going to be interesting. I haven't seen enough on most of them enough to offer up any sort of fair criticism but of what I did see nobody really stood out to me. Maybe it's because we've been spoiled by elite QB talent at the college level in recent years but none of these guys seem to be on that level. With that said, I'm wondering if teams are going to be going QB crazy at the top of the draft like most years or whether they're looking more towards free agency and the trade market.

vCash
    Browns recieve: 16 and 23
    Rams recieve: 6

Browns recieve: 40,72, and 136
    Bills recieve: 23

16. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
    40. Matt Elam S Florida
    3rd. OLB
    72. CB
    4th. DE
    5th. WR
    136. TE
    6th. K
    7th. RB

vCash
    I'm all for trading down unless we have a cant miss player looking at us on the board.

vCash
    Not even the new year yet with a HC or GM in place and the 7 round mocks are already coming out. Love it.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Myswell for something to do lol. It's all in fun.

vCash
    If Chip Kelly is the newest coach of the Cleveland Browns look no further than the 40 yard dash at the combine for their 2013 draft class. I hope he isn't coming to Cleveland because I think the read option offense will get destroyed in the NFL.

vCash
    Anybody watch the LSU game last night? I didn't get a chance to but I was wondering how Montgomery and Mingo looked.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast