Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders420 View Post
    Easy questions, our sack leader was let go as well as our starting corners. Sacks come when the QB has no options and the line has time to get to the QB. With crappy CB's its hard to get to the QB because their WR's are just running wide open down the field. But if you ask me, they did much better against the run at the beginning and at the end of the year than they did last year. Our safeties are terrible, our CB's are terrible, and we have essentially no MLB. So your answer should be NO TALENT on the defensive side of the ball. But the offense all falls on Knapp, terrible play calling all year.
    All that plays a factor, but Chris Johnson and Routt wernt all that great, Wimbley was ehh. To me they are not disciplined, do you think Houston, Kelly and Goodson would do crap like that if they had a Jimmy Johnson caliber coach?? Hell NO!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1983 View Post
    Tarver had the team playing better towards the end. His schemes were up to date and ge did a good job and mixing up coverages. The fault lies with the talent of the group. Hopefully Semour, Huff, Kelly, and Mcclain are either traded or released. I think Palmer should also be shown the door. I am in no way blaming him for the season, but am sure of the fact he is not the leader needed on that side of the ball.
    lol, 2nd Raiders QB to throw for over 4,000 yards and he's not the leader? No run game and mediocre WR's, who's the leader then? He is the sole reason we have 4 wins, JC this year would have got us the #1 pick. Same with any QB on our roster. Only reason he should be gone is if he doesn't restructure. Get DMAC running again, or get a back like Ben Tate (if we keep the ZBS) and a big WR, with some help on the oline and Palmer can be that pro bowl player he was a few years ago.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    All that plays a factor, but Chris Johnson and Routt wernt all that great, Wimbley was ehh. To me they are not disciplined, do you think Houston, Kelly and Goodson would do crap like that if they had a Jimmy Johnson caliber coach?? Hell NO!!
    lol, thank you. They weren't that great, but they are better than what we currently have. Again lack of talent, i think you just answered your own question, and didn't even realize it. Because of the lack of money we had to downgrade our D. Do you actually think they should play better with less talent? And did you see Houston pull back yesterday late in the game when dude was pushing him? People learn from mistakes, and to me it looks like he's learned something.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    lol, thank you. They weren't that great, but they are better than what we currently have. Again lack of talent, i think you just answered your own question, and didn't even realize it. Because of the lack of money we had to downgrade our D. Do you actually think they should play better with less talent? And did you see Houston pull back yesterday late in the game when dude was pushing him? People learn from mistakes, and to me it looks like he's learned something.
    After drafting over 30 (exaggerating) db's in the last deacade we cannot find a decent starter. We should of kept Sterling Moore and Stevie Brown! Maybe we can bring back Asamoghua for cheap?

vCash
    Palmer and DMac are staying and you can bank on it. With reports of coaching changes on the offensive side, Knapp is not the only one on the chopping block, leads me to believe that more blame is being put on coaching than personnel on that side of the ball. Major changes will come on the defensive side of the ball. I believe Houston, Wheeler and Burris are locks to return. Any other player on that side could and should be shown the door.

vCash
    ^ i think Huff should get another chance to be moved back to safety. but that's just me. Giordano is garbage.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    ^ i think Huff should get another chance to be moved back to safety. but that's just me. Giordano is garbage.
    I agree..

vCash
    For 8 million?

No thanks

vCash
    Yeah huff has a non guaranteed 8 million for the next 2 seasons. That's a lot of money. Huff is solid and ill like to keep him for around 3 million. But reconstructuring that would add on like 4 years to his deal, it's time to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    For 8 million?

No thanks
    and 13 mill for Palmer. Guess someone never heard of restructuring. If they won't, then bye bye.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    For 8 million?

No thanks
    He would only cost $4mill next year, which still might be a little too much. Not every bad contract is going to be dumped. This is not Madden. Plus he was asked to do a lot in changing from s to cb. He deserves another year at his true position at safety.

vCash
    So you think that Routt and Johnson are so good that if we had them this year we would have 14 more sacks?

vCash
    Matt stafford throw for 5k I believe and had 4 wins too. Goaaaaaaaaaat

vCash
    Tarver has to blitz 3 or 4 guys to get pressure. that's bad. he had a couple bumps early with injuries and such but he's gotten this D to play good enough to win if it had any help from the offense.

he needs more pressure. more players. he isn't the problem at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    So you think that Routt and Johnson are so good that if we had them this year we would have 14 more sacks?
    lol, where in my post did I say they were GOOD? I said they were better than what we have. And there is no way to answer your question, since there is no way to prove it. But I can only assume our D would have been better with better CB's and Huff actually playing safety with Branch instead of Giordano. Its funny, you put better players in, and the team plays better for some odd reason. Its simple, LACK OF TALENT.

And I can careless about sacks, its about how many points you give up. And yes, I believe we would have given up less points with those players and Huff in his regular position. Giordano is almost never in position to stop the big play, or even make the QB hesitate enough to get the sack.
    Last edited by Raiders420; 12-31-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast