Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Question I remember Fred Davis got tagged last year does that means he's an UFA this summer? Or did he get a long term deal and I'm misremembering. I know he tore his achilles tendon this year but he's flying under the radar and was one of the best young TE in the league before the injury. If he is a FA I think this would be the perfect time to pick him up.
    Last edited by Ditka'sMustache; 12-31-2012 at 07:16 PM.

vCash

2013 draft and FA discussion

^ he's a FA

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid:24925374
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413:24921813
    I'm not saying I necessarily want him for us, but Glennon has looked pretty good.
    Well certainly not against Vandy today.

Not that I have any qualms with that.
    To my defense I said that before he threw the interceptions

I was hoping no one was going to call me out for this

vCash
    Brandon Ford from Clemson is looking like a good TE, not sure if he is in the draft or not. Watching Davis all year, I forgot a TE can catch a ball, run a little bit, make a guy miss, and fall forward when he is tackled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if this exact defense is brought back with all the players and Emery just gets everything needed to make this offense work. Here is a list of what I think the offense needs

Offensive Line- The big question here is what do they decide with Carimi. Personally, I would like him back at RT, I believe that Louis is a good RG and will be ready for the season. I think James Brown should be back at LG, he shows a nice mean streak especially in run blocking and gets to the second level nicely. Personally I don't care for Garza at all and he could be upgraded and obviously LT.

Hopefully Branden Albert slips through the cracks in KC with everyone they have to sign and the Bears can get him. My ideal realistic line would look like this

Sign Albert and draft B. Jones

Albert/J. Brown/B. Jones/Louis/Carimi

Tight End- Spaeth and Davis should be gone. I think Rodriguez is a good FB/HBack type. Sign Jared Cook and go with Cook and K. Adams as your main TE. Also bring in a blocking TE as the #3 guy.

J. Cook/K. Adams/FA FB/HBack- E. Rodriguez

Wide Recievers- In a perfect world, Johnny Knox would be ready to go to give the Bears WR that true speed threat. But I have zero confidence in Knox coming back, so to me it is like he is not coming back. The Bears have 4 WR that will return IMO next season with BMarsh, Alshon, Bennett and Weems. Weems is just a special teamer who can line up at WR. I don't want Amendola or Welker as they are not deep threats. I like what Joe Anderson brings to special teams and can be a deep threat, but he would be that Sanzenbacher player. The guy I would like the Bears to get if they go to FA would be Brandon Gibson. If they go to the draft I like Robert Woods in the 2nd round.

So in this scenario, this would be my ideal draft

Trade down 8 or 9 spots and pick up a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year. But for this I will use the 3rd rounder this year.

Rd1 (Trade)- Barrett Jones OL Alabama- Great versatility, but would fit right in and play center from day 1.

Rd2- Robert Woods WR USC- Stock has fallen, but still has a ton of talent to be an all around good WR with the ability to be a deep threat from day 1.

Rd3 (trade)- Brennan Williams OT North Carolina- Would work as Carimi's back up if he continues to fail.

Rd4- Kevin Reddick LB North Carolina- Get a young linebacker that has speed and is not afraid to hit anything moving. Needs work in coverage some.

Rd5- Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)- Good arm, could use some grooming behind a guy like Cutler.

Rd6- Michael Williams TE Alabama- Great run blocking TE with some speed that could make him into a decent pass catcher.

That would give the Bears this offense heading into 2013 with hopefully a good offensive mind in charge.

QB- Cutler/Campbell (resign/Dysert
    RB- Forte/Bush/Allen/Bell
    FB- ERod
    WR- BMarsh/Jeffery/Bennett/Woods (DP)/J. Anderson/Weems
    TE- Cook/Adams/M. Williams (DP)
    LT- Albert (FA)/Webb
    LG- J. Brown/E. Williams
    OC- B. Jones (DP)/E. Williams
    RG- L. Louis/Carimi
    RT- Carimi/B. Williams (DP)

I don't think anyone could really complain about this offensive group. The Bears have some free agents they need to resign like Melton, Urlacher, Wooten, Izzy, Hayden and Moore if they want to bring them back. So 1 big FA in Albert and 1 middle tier FA in Cook at TE is what they can get. But they used the draft to really stock up on offense.
    Gotta say, prob my favorite mock that I've see so far. Would rather see garza stay at center and Barrett start at guard. Don't know that Brown is starter level.

Also, not sure this is financially viable. Especially with resigning the key D players.

vCash
    QB-i dont see Emery working on a extension yet for Jay, you let Campbell walk..I wouldnt mind Matt Moore brought in at all. Keep McCown as 3rd string/Practice Squad

RB-We're pretty much set..resign Allen to a 2 year, 1-1.25 mil deal..utilize him more..im growing tired of the big back method behind Forte, a scatback, change-of-pace, outside runner is somethin id like to see more of. And you keep tryin the ERod fullback experiment.

WR-Marshall, Jeffrey 1 and 2..you cut Hester, try to reel in a slot, 3rd down reciever to take pressure off Marshall in that situation, maybe an Amendola or a Brandon Stokley. Have Bennett as your number 4, and draft a Johnny Knox prototype to stretch the field..maybe Chad Bumphis out of Miss St. or Josh Boyce of TCU..6th-7th round

TE-f'n Kellen Davis. If you can cut him, do it. if not, delegate him to a FA, Jared Cook Jr..Delanie Walker..or even Martellus Bennett, depending on the condition of Jake Ballard. If for some reason they dont go that route in FA, id like to see Kyle Adams with more playing time. Or even move ERod from FB back to his traditional TE spot and give him more looks

OL-Jake Long, Jake Long, Jake Long..its no question he's the number 1 FA you go after, injury concerns or not. I do not trust Mr. JWebb Nation at all at LT. after Long you look left guard, Lilja or Levitre. Draft a center behind Garza, Sam Schwartzstein from Stanford. his name is badass alone. Your oline is then Long/Lilja,Levitre/Garza/Carimi/resign Louis.

DL-I dont think you touch this area, resign Melton for a little cheaper then he wants. and also resign Nate Collins. Peppers/Melton/Paea/Wooton, McClellin

LB-You let Urlacher walk if its nothing more than 5-6 million, you draft Alec Ogletree 1st round and steps in as Urlachers replacement. Resign Nick Roach and keep him startin on the outside with Briggs, the OLB FA class is weak this year. Draft an OLB, as Briggs's future replacement

CB-You let Hayden walk and you go draft a nickel corner.. a Jordan Poyer or Bradley Roby. Sign Antwaun Molden for cheap and he be the dime corner, McMannis the number 5.

Safety-I like Conte and Wright, resign Walters for ST purposes,

K/P-no changes needed, Gould will probably walk when his contract is due.

DRAFT:
    1st- Alec Ogletree ILB
    2nd- Jordan Poyer/Bradley Roby CB
    4th- Travis Long OLB
    5th- Sam Schwartzstein C/OG
    6th- Josh Boyce/Chad Bumphis WR

FA:
    Jake Long, Andy Levitre or Ryan Lilja..OL
    Amendola or Stokley..WR
    Cook Jr or Walker or Bennett..TE
    Molden..CB
    Moore..QB

vCash
    1st rd draft B. Jones
    2nd rd draft Ogletree
    4th rd draft DE
    5th rd draft WR with speed
    6th rd draft M. Williams

FA signing
    B. Albert
    J. Cook
    C. Henne
    T. McClain
    2nd tier CB
    2nd tier OG

Resign FA
    Urlacher
    Roach
    Melton
    Okoye
    Moore
    Louis
    Hayes

vCash
    No way Ogletree drops to the 2nd, but that would be amazing.

vCash
    Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright
    Emery said they couldn't upgrade at tackle in UFA last year. Two retired, one had medical. Said they went after top FA OTs.
    Sounds like we were after Marcus McNeil and someone else last offseason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Long Cribbs and Davis. Thats a damn good off-season i think.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    Taylor Lewan has actually looked really good so far against Jadeveon Clowney. For those who don't know who Clowney is, he is the early favorite to be the #1 prospect in the 2014 draft.

vCash
    Can only hope Ryan Clady doesn't want to resign with Denver and demands to be traded. Reunite the trio!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Taylor Lewan has actually looked really good so far against Jadeveon Clowney. For those who don't know who Clowney is, he is the early favorite to be the #1 prospect in the 2014 draft.
    He keeps this up he solidify his spot as the #2 LT off the board and most likely top 15.

Didn't Clowney win the award for the best DE as a sophomore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    He keeps this up he solidify his spot as the #2 LT off the board and most likely top 15.

Didn't Clowney win the award for the best DE as a sophomore?
    I don't think he did, but he was a first team All American.

After I posted that, Clowney has beaten Lewan a few times. No sacks, but Clowney has bull rushed Lewan back in to the QB a few times now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I don't think he did, but he was a first team All American.

After I posted that, Clowney has beaten Lewan a few times. No sacks, but Clowney has bull rushed Lewan back in to the QB a few times now.
    I looked it up and he won the Ted Hendricks award

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast