Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As of right now with our contract commitments does anyone have much of a idea for how much salary cap room we have?

vCash
    I hope they can get ride of Davis and Webb.
    Last edited by bears88; 12-31-2012 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    I would love it if Ron Rivera came back and was able to do whatever he wanted with the defense. Get a head coach and a OC that can bring this offense to the next level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I would love it if Ron Rivera came back and was able to do whatever he wanted with the defense. Get a head coach and a OC that can bring this offense to the next level.
    Absolutely agree.

Procrastination is like masturbation. They're both fun until you realize your only ******* yourself!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    As of right now with our contract commitments does anyone have much of a idea for how much salary cap room we have?
    There is to much to be considered, but a solid number is 15 million

our future

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    would not mind giving NOrv turner a shot ???? but I have heard others very unhapy about this idea.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Since Lovie was fired, I'm pretty well convinced that this will be very, very active offseason and I'm excited for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    would not mind giving NOrv turner a shot ???? but I have heard others very unhapy about this idea.
    As an OC, fine...no way in hell I ever want that guy as my HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    As an OC, fine...no way in hell I ever want that guy as my HC.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I'm not doing that because I have to do that for every LT in the league for it to not skew things. In your scenario, that makes him 26th. He's currently 27th. To do it the "right" way and look at just pass pro and rushing for LTs is way too labor extensive.

Why can't you just be OK with "J'Marcus Webb sucks?"

Gabe Carimi graded like crap as a RT. If he played ONLY RG all year and continued the play he was on at the end of the year, we can extrapolate his ranking to about 11.8 (as just a RG, he grades at 3.7 overall). At 3.7 for just RG, he grades as the 12th RG in the league...and that's just in 5 games. If we were to completely **** on statistics and use the 11.8 number that I expanded a full RG season to, that would rank him as the 8th RG.

But, what is all of this really telling us? It's telling us our OL blows, and Webb wasn't anywhere close to as "OK" as you thought he was (which is shocking that you thought that, anyway). Webb actually graded WORSE vs. SF than Gabe, too, FWIW. Gabe's problem is he can't pass pro. Even with just 11 games logged at RT, Gabe graded as the 5th run blocker at RT.

Really though, let's just stick with "our line is bad with J'Marcus Webb."
    Alright, Webb should not be our starting LT. I still think he should be kept around next year with the new staff.

From the PFF stats it seems like we should move Carimi to RG permanently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    This
    This

Population: Bears

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

vCash
    Lilja retired so he's no longer an option

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413:24921813
    I'm not saying I necessarily want him for us, but Glennon has looked pretty good.
    Well certainly not against Vandy today.

Not that I have any qualms with that.

vCash
    Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if this exact defense is brought back with all the players and Emery just gets everything needed to make this offense work. Here is a list of what I think the offense needs

Offensive Line- The big question here is what do they decide with Carimi. Personally, I would like him back at RT, I believe that Louis is a good RG and will be ready for the season. I think James Brown should be back at LG, he shows a nice mean streak especially in run blocking and gets to the second level nicely. Personally I don't care for Garza at all and he could be upgraded and obviously LT.

Hopefully Branden Albert slips through the cracks in KC with everyone they have to sign and the Bears can get him. My ideal realistic line would look like this

Sign Albert and draft B. Jones

Albert/J. Brown/B. Jones/Louis/Carimi

Tight End- Spaeth and Davis should be gone. I think Rodriguez is a good FB/HBack type. Sign Jared Cook and go with Cook and K. Adams as your main TE. Also bring in a blocking TE as the #3 guy.

J. Cook/K. Adams/FA FB/HBack- E. Rodriguez

Wide Recievers- In a perfect world, Johnny Knox would be ready to go to give the Bears WR that true speed threat. But I have zero confidence in Knox coming back, so to me it is like he is not coming back. The Bears have 4 WR that will return IMO next season with BMarsh, Alshon, Bennett and Weems. Weems is just a special teamer who can line up at WR. I don't want Amendola or Welker as they are not deep threats. I like what Joe Anderson brings to special teams and can be a deep threat, but he would be that Sanzenbacher player. The guy I would like the Bears to get if they go to FA would be Brandon Gibson. If they go to the draft I like Robert Woods in the 2nd round.

So in this scenario, this would be my ideal draft

Trade down 8 or 9 spots and pick up a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year. But for this I will use the 3rd rounder this year.

Rd1 (Trade)- Barrett Jones OL Alabama- Great versatility, but would fit right in and play center from day 1.

Rd2- Robert Woods WR USC- Stock has fallen, but still has a ton of talent to be an all around good WR with the ability to be a deep threat from day 1.

Rd3 (trade)- Brennan Williams OT North Carolina- Would work as Carimi's back up if he continues to fail.

Rd4- Kevin Reddick LB North Carolina- Get a young linebacker that has speed and is not afraid to hit anything moving. Needs work in coverage some.

Rd5- Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)- Good arm, could use some grooming behind a guy like Cutler.

Rd6- Michael Williams TE Alabama- Great run blocking TE with some speed that could make him into a decent pass catcher.

That would give the Bears this offense heading into 2013 with hopefully a good offensive mind in charge.

QB- Cutler/Campbell (resign/Dysert
    RB- Forte/Bush/Allen/Bell
    FB- ERod
    WR- BMarsh/Jeffery/Bennett/Woods (DP)/J. Anderson/Weems
    TE- Cook/Adams/M. Williams (DP)
    LT- Albert (FA)/Webb
    LG- J. Brown/E. Williams
    OC- B. Jones (DP)/E. Williams
    RG- L. Louis/Carimi
    RT- Carimi/B. Williams (DP)

I don't think anyone could really complain about this offensive group. The Bears have some free agents they need to resign like Melton, Urlacher, Wooten, Izzy, Hayden and Moore if they want to bring them back. So 1 big FA in Albert and 1 middle tier FA in Cook at TE is what they can get. But they used the draft to really stock up on offense.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast