Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Romo is a loudmouth and a bit outspoken but he knows the duties of a LB and bleeds silver and black. I agree not all former players can teach but i think Romo is smart enough to be able to translate to football players what he wants. Holland didn't do too well so getting better wouldn't take much.
    I'm sorry, I don't see Romo the same way. He is one of many currently paid Raider representatives that I wish would drift off into obscurity. He has never truly bled Silver and Black. The fact is, when his career was on the ropes, he kissed up to Al Davis, because he knew the old man had a hankering for hiring has-beens with big names. Al bent over and Romo puckered up nice and good. The two got along swimmingly.

But let's not confuse a man on his last legs looking for a paycheck with one who truly BLEEDS Silver and Black. There is a world of difference between croneyism and being one of the true faithful. If the Broncos, Niners or Philly had taken Romo in, he'd be in their colors, making commentaries on their team-sponsored shows. I wish that was, indeed, the case now.

As for Romo's passion for the game, there's no denying it. I would not begrudge him that. But in terms of x's and o's, have you ever really sat down and listened to him discuss defense? If he has any true insights, you'll have to give me a damn Hubble telescope...because without it, I can't see them. And turn on a supernova or two while you're at it, because I'm going to need the incandescance to see beyond his dense b/s.

Romo was a great player, but not someone I'm hiring for more than a team mascot position. Someone mentioned bringing him in as a strength and conditioning. Really, a guy that used PEDs? No thanks, I'll pass. (No, Romo probably doesn't use them NOW, but back in his playing days, he was one of the chief culprits linked to illegal performance enhancing drugs. Research it.) To hire a questionable character like that is just asking for trouble. No thanks. Not with my Raiders.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 12-31-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Hire Norv Turner (OC), Al Saunders (QB) and Bob Wylie (OL) -- you've got a vastly improved offensive unit overnight.

If Dennis Allen doesn't care, he should be looking towards someone who can function as a sort of "Dick LeBeau" coordinator - someone who will be around for a while as a legacy coach.
    I would love that, but don't see it happening unless Norv was somehow impressed enough with Pryor to get over past transgressions.

vCash
    OC Tedford, QB coach Rich Gannon, OL coach- an assistant from Washington, LB coach- Bill romanowski

vCash
    With Tedford at OC we get a great offensive mind. He is a west coast guy who ran the ZBS very well producing a lot of 1000 yd backs at Cal. With Rich Gannon we get a QB who ran the west coast offense perfectly. will help palmer, or whoever the starter will be, very much. With an assistant from washington to coach the OL we get a shanny guy, shanny runs the ZBS to utter mother****ing perfection. and with Bill romanowski we can have him brainwash burris into becoming a psycho

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I would love that, but don't see it happening unless Norv was somehow impressed enough with Pryor to get over past transgressions.
    As someone else said, Al is gone. If it's a good deal, I don't see
    why he WOULDN'T consider it. ESPECIALLY if Pryor can see LOTS of time on the field next season.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    With Tedford at OC we get a great offensive mind. He is a west coast guy who ran the ZBS very well producing a lot of 1000 yd backs at Cal. With Rich Gannon we get a QB who ran the west coast offense perfectly. will help palmer, or whoever the starter will be, very much. With an assistant from washington to coach the OL we get a shanny guy, shanny runs the ZBS to utter mother****ing perfection. and with Bill romanowski we can have him brainwash burris into becoming a psycho
    I'd give this line up a shot....i love me some Romo lol
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    does anyone have a video of goodson going nuts yesterday

vCash
    lol it was takeo going nuts more than goodson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't see Romo the same way. He is one of many currently paid Raider representatives that I wish would drift off into obscurity. He has never truly bled Silver and Black. The fact is, when his career was on the ropes, he kissed up to Al Davis, because he knew the old man had a hankering for hiring has-beens with big names. Al bent over and Romo puckered up nice and good. The two got along swimmingly.

But let's not confuse a man on his last legs looking for a paycheck with one who truly BLEEDS Silver and Black. There is a world of difference between croneyism and being one of the true faithful. If the Broncos, Niners or Philly had taken Romo in, he'd be in their colors, making commentaries on their team-sponsored shows. I wish that was, indeed, the case now.

As for Romo's passion for the game, there's no denying it. I would not begrudge him that. But in terms of x's and o's, have you ever really sat down and listened to him discuss defense? If he has any true insights, you'll have to give me a damn Hubble telescope...because without it, I can't see them. And turn on a supernova or two while you're at it, because I'm going to need the incandescance to see beyond his dense b/s.

Romo was a great player, but not someone I'm hiring for more than a team mascot position. Someone mentioned bringing him in as a strength and conditioning. Really, a guy that used PEDs? No thanks, I'll pass. (No, Romo probably doesn't use them NOW, but back in his playing days, he was one of the chief culprits linked to illegal performance enhancing drugs. Research it.) To hire a questionable character like that is just asking for trouble. No thanks. Not with my Raiders.
    I was the one that mentioned him as a strength and conditioning coach. I am also keenly aware of his past transgressions with illegal substances and methods (BALCO, steroids) but the guy was innovative and very disciplined to his training regimine. How about his ties to supplement guru Bill Philips or his willingness to make an oxygen chamber available to any of his team mates in Oakland? I'm just saying that this is one area that he could be an asset to the team on. I don't think that the man's character is in question, but if we're talking as a LB coach I would pass. I agree that he provides nothing special in the way of insight on how to be a productive LB at the professional level. One has to look no further that his slow responses and speech patterns to realize this guy has suffered way too many concussions....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    It's official now! Knapp has been fired along with all the other clowns!

http://http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_22288273/oakland-raiders-fire-offensive-coordinator-greg-knapp

vCash

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post

vCash
    ^^^Yeah I do say! It didn't take long for this thread to pop up and have so many posts.

vCash
    YooHoo Knapp Got Fired! so far the Best Move The Raiders have made in the Now Offseason lol
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    Haha

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast