Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From ESPN:

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have fired offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and three other assistants a day after finishing their 10th straight season without a playoff berth.

Coach Dennis Allen announced Monday that special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, offensive line coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland also have been fired.

Allen says it was a difficult decision and he appreciated the contributions the four coaches made this past season.

After finishing 8-8 the past two seasons, the Raiders went just 4-12 in Allen's first season as head coach.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...her-assistants
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    I like what i just read from DA on future OC:
    http://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/285844515158388736

vCash
    Knapp, Hoffman, Pollack and Holland all out replace them with Saunders OC, Wisnewski OL, A young up and comer for special teams and Romanowski Lb's!!!!
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    I like what i just read from DA on future OC:
    http://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/285844515158388736
    Hopefully, there are discussions taking place right now between RM and DA regarding possible hires as it pertains to our roster. After all, you don't go out and by a motorcycle as the primary means of transportation when you have a family of 6. Let's make sure that we can either get the right players for the system that the OC wants to use, or we hire an OC who is so damn brilliant that he can transmute **** into platinum, no matter what players we have on our roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Knapp, Hoffman, Pollack and Holland all out replace them with Saunders OC, Wisnewski OL, A young up and comer for special teams and Romanowski Lb's!!!!
    I'd rather see Romanowski as strength and conditioning coach myself, read the man's book. He's a workout warrior but his playing style took it's toll on him in the form of concussions.

Good news on the others moving forward though....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    ^^^^^Amen brother...I'm buying what you're selling!!!!

vCash
    Curious, what makes you think Romo would make a good coach at any level? I think he'd turn out like every other loudmouth former player who got by in large part by gaming the system when his God-given talent failed him, but that's just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Curious, what makes you think Romo would make a good coach at any level? I think he'd turn out like every other loudmouth former player who got by in large part by gaming the system when his God-given talent failed him, but that's just my opinion.
    Exactly.

I'll take competency over name recognition every day of the week.

vCash
    Good riddance

vCash
    Wiz wasnt the OL coach that did anything, that was Wylie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Hire Norv Turner (OC), Al Saunders (QB) and Bob Wylie (OL) -- you've got a vastly improved offensive unit overnight.

If Dennis Allen doesn't care, he should be looking towards someone who can function as a sort of "Dick LeBeau" coordinator - someone who will be around for a while as a legacy coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Romo is a loudmouth and a bit outspoken but he knows the duties of a LB and bleeds silver and black. I agree not all former players can teach but i think Romo is smart enough to be able to translate to football players what he wants. Holland didn't do too well so getting better wouldn't take much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Didn't say Wiz was the Oline coach i said hire him as the Oline coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Hire Norv Turner (OC), Al Saunders (QB) and Bob Wylie (OL) -- you've got a vastly improved offensive unit overnight.

If Dennis Allen doesn't care, he should be looking towards someone who can function as a sort of "Dick LeBeau" coordinator - someone who will be around for a while as a legacy coach.
    Would love it!

vCash
    Didn't say Wiz was the Oline coach i said hire him as the Oline coach.
    Why? Because he's a former player???

We need a real OL coach....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast