Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Vic Tafur‏ @VicTafur
    “Decisions like this are very difficult,” Dennis Allen said in a statement. “I have a great deal of respect for all of these men."
    He should of said "I fuuuuucked up by hiring these stubborn men, sorry Nation. Now lets get this train rolling"

vCash
    Bring back Coach Wisniewski

vCash
    Pollack gone. means end of ZBS. Woooooooo. Time for D-Mac to prove it. His final season before he becomes a free agent. he performs he stays. he doesnt he goes. No need to release him before his contract rans out like some haters here want.

vCash
    Time to resharpen the axe and start hacking off large portions of the 53 man roster.

It's going to be another year of looking like an expansion team. Which is fine, as long as they bring in the right replacements. Rebuilding is always ugly.

(Please don't bring up the Niners, they didn't rebuild. They were already a top defense and brought in a great coach and found some good draft picks).
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    So its just Pollack and Knapp - bout was I thought would happen I think the rest of the staff is safe.

vCash
    Hoffman is a bigtime firing to me as well. Our special teams have been putrid as well. Glad to see Ol' Steve go out in style thanks to Spurlock yesterday.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Lets start the fire DA and hire chucky rant

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...tart-listening

vCash
    Hey Hawaii....it's also special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

vCash
    The Raiders were expected to fire offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and other offensive staff members this week, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, and a source informed of the news confirmed to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that Knapp, linebackers coach Johnny Holland and two other unnamed offensive coaches are out.

The Raiders later announced in a release that Knapp, Holland, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman and offensive line coach Frank Pollack have been relieved of duties.

Knapp preferred a zone scheme in the running game, which collapsed this season. The Raiders finished 28th in the NFL in rushing at just 89 yards per game. They were a top-seven rushing unit over the previous two years. Their supposed star rusher, Darren McFadden, finished with 707 rushing yards and a 3.3 yards-per-carry average.

"I don't want to speak on it anymore," McFadden said Sunday. "It is what it is. The season is over now. I am just looking forward to next year."

McFadden is expected to be back next season on the final year of his contract, but he has been among the Raiders' biggest problems. He's rarely healthy or productive for long. That's not on Knapp. Oakland can't count on McFadden as a centerpiece for its offense next season. Carson Palmer figures to be back as the starting quarterback because it's too expensive to get rid of him. On a list of Raiders problems, Palmer actually isn't too high.

Multiple reports, including one by Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer, have suggested that Allen will remain after a 4-12 season. New GM Reggie McKenzie hand-picked Allen and will give him more than one season to turn things around. That's more than the last Raiders
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Lets start the fire DA and hire chucky rant

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...tart-listening
    Allen would already be fired if he was going anywhere.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    ya DA is staying... im glad to see our special teams coach gone, we have had the worst special teams I have seen in a long time - since we use to have that FB returning punts I forget his name

vCash
    Tedford will be nice

vCash
    Back to the PBS which we shouldve stuck with in the first place. Its an easier transition from the ZBS to the Power. 2011 is proof of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    On e thing that has kind of bothered me regarding everyone's opinion on Allen hiring Knapp is that who was available other than Knapp at the time? Also, who else of the available guys would have come here under the circumstances?
    Al Saunders was already on the staff. Saunders was payed coordinator money will being an 'offensive consultant' in the booth during games days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    On e thing that has kind of bothered me regarding everyone's opinion on Allen hiring Knapp is that who was available other than Knapp at the time? Also, who else of the available guys would have come here under the circumstances?

I'm sure that there was a lot of wait and see stance on whether the chain of command had actually changed in Oakland.

Knapp was a poor choice, we all agree, but I'm not yet ready to hang this on Allen and most of all McKenzie. We're making McKenzie culpable for the decision to hire Allen based on the perception that Allen made a bad choice in hiring Knapp. This is speculative thinking at best. Imagine if Allen had made another choice and we had gone say 8-8, I imagine that the opinions would be drastically different here.

Let's see who is available this year and is willing to help in our ressurection before we tar and feather two good men......
    Great post that sums up what most were saying at the beginning of the season. Allen was a late hire and as a consequence, he only had a limited number of experienced coordinators that he was either (a.) given permission to talk to, or (b.) could hire outright.

Whatever the case may be, I'm not making any excuses and clearly DA expects none to be made on his behalf as well. He corrected his wrong and fired Knapp today. Now we can finally put this to bed and move on.

Time to find out who is available...and please no one say Saunders. He had a hand in this year's performance, too. He was part of the brain trust and he had more input than many of you here are giving credit. It's time to go in a new direction.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast