Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Reacher

vCash
    Tom Cruise looks nothing like what Jack Reacher is supposed to look like. Thusly I will not be watching this garbage.

vCash
    Also, too many easy "Jack Reacharound" jokes make it difficult for me to take this movie seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I want to see it. Cruise is great in everything he does. I don't think there is a movie he has made that I didn't like.
    he has a handful of duds, but not many. I was *****ing about him at work a few months ago, and decided to pull up his IMDB, and realized I liked 90% of the movies he has made. Though he may be a weird, annoying person in real life nowadays, his movies are generally right on.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    he has a handful of duds, but not many. I was *****ing about him at work a few months ago, and decided to pull up his IMDB, and realized I liked 90% of the movies he has made. Though he may be a weird, annoying person in real life nowadays, his movies are generally right on.
    Yeah, I'm sure some of his movies have sucked, but I haven't seen all of them. The ones I have seen have been good to great. He is an odd person, but he seems to pick the right scripts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFuturoDeESPN View Post
    Tom Cruise looks nothing like what Jack Reacher is supposed to look like. Thusly I will not be watching this garbage.
    You know, I just saw Reacher, and I think Cruise did a fantastic job. I wasn't happy with the choice either, given that Reacher should be 6"5 and 250 pounds, but he did a hell of a job.

I don't have a clue how this movie got bad reviews because it was outstanding.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm sure some of his movies have sucked, but I haven't seen all of them. The ones I have seen have been good to great. He is an odd person, but he seems to pick the right scripts.
    he does pick the right movies, and he is a good actor honestly.

The Outsiders
    Risky Business
    All the Right Moves
    Legend (corny, but liked it as a kid)
    Top Gun
    The Color of Money
    Cocktails (meh movie)
    Rain Man
    Born on the Fourth of July (depressing, but he was great)
    A Few Good Men
    The Firm
    Mission Impossible(s)
    Jerry McGuire
    Minority Report
    The Last Samurai (I absolutely love this movie)
    Collateral (another awesome movie)
    Tropic Thunder (his part was awesome)

The only ones I have personally seen that I didn't like, were Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Eyes Wide Shut, and Far and Away.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I want to see it. Cruise is great in everything he does. I don't think there is a movie he has made that I didn't like.
    Definitely. He's a weirdo no doubt, but an actors personal life doesn't typically bother me. Sean Penn is nuts and yet I love many of his films.

vCash
    he does pick the right movies, and he is a good actor honestly.

The Outsiders
    Risky Business
    All the Right Moves
    Legend (corny, but liked it as a kid)
    Top Gun
    The Color of Money
    Cocktails (meh movie)
    Rain Man
    Born on the Fourth of July (depressing, but he was great)
    A Few Good Men
    The Firm
    Mission Impossible(s)
    Jerry McGuire
    Minority Report
    The Last Samurai (I absolutely love this movie)
    Collateral (another awesome movie)
    Tropic Thunder (his part was awesome)

The only ones I have personally seen that I didn't like, were Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Eyes Wide Shut, and Far and Away.
    I forgot about Eyes Wide Shut. I did see that and didn't care for it. Same with Magnolia. Although he had a bit part in Magnolia, and his part was great and definitely the best part of the film by far.

I would say the same for Mel Gibson. The guy is an idiot, but his movies are generally pretty good.

vCash
    I just saw it and thought it was really good. I love the character. I am going to check out the books.

vCash
    I can't get myself to watch the movie since I don't like the books at all. One book reads the exact same as all the rest.

I agree with Twitchy though about Cruise being completely wrong for the role as far as size.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I said in spite of the size he still did a good job!

And I'm shocked you didn't like the books, they're pretty damn good. I wouldn't consider them that similar at all, to be honest. Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire, Running Blind, The Enemy, Without Fail, One Shot (AKA the movie), The Hard Way, Gone Tomorrow, Bad Luck and Trouble, hell even Worth Dying For, and the Affair are all radically different books. The Affair and The Enemy are set from when he was still in the military, and a lot of the stories are very unique plots.

61 Hours and Echo Burning were really the only bad books.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I said in spite of the size he still did a good job!

And I'm shocked you didn't like the books, they're pretty damn good. I wouldn't consider them that similar at all, to be honest. Killing Floor, Die Trying, Tripwire, Running Blind, The Enemy, Without Fail, One Shot (AKA the movie), The Hard Way, Gone Tomorrow, Bad Luck and Trouble, hell even Worth Dying For, and the Affair are all radically different books. The Affair and The Enemy are set from when he was still in the military, and a lot of the stories are very unique plots.

61 Hours and Echo Burning were really the only bad books.
    So is the movie bascially the One Shot book or did they just take pieces from it and ad lib?

vCash
    So is the movie bascially the One Shot book or did they just take pieces from it and ad lib?
    The movie is based on the book One Shot. It's not the first Reacher story (that would be Killing Floor), but it's a great book nonetheless. They mentioned that they changed the title because One Shot wouldn't attract as many people to the theatre as "Jack Reacher" would.

Overall the story was very similar to the book. There were a couple of characters that weren't introduced in the movie, and some parts were more Hollywood (Reacher isn't a good driver, so that whole chase scene doesn't happen), but overall if you liked the characters, the writing, and the story, then that was Reacher to the core.

If you enjoyed the movie, you'll like the books even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Definitely. He's a weirdo no doubt, but an actors personal life doesn't typically bother me. Sean Penn is nuts and yet I love many of his films.
    you named the one actor I will not see due to his personal life haha. I hear all the time Sean Penn is a good actor. I wouldn't know. Fast Times? Yep. But I haven't seen his work in years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    The movie is based on the book One Shot. It's not the first Reacher story (that would be Killing Floor), but it's a great book nonetheless. They mentioned that they changed the title because One Shot wouldn't attract as many people to the theatre as "Jack Reacher" would.

Overall the story was very similar to the book. There were a couple of characters that weren't introduced in the movie, and some parts were more Hollywood (Reacher isn't a good driver, so that whole chase scene doesn't happen), but overall if you liked the characters, the writing, and the story, then that was Reacher to the core.

If you enjoyed the movie, you'll like the books even more.
    So if I start reading the books do I need to start from book one, or can I just pick up any of them and read them out of order? It looks like there is about 17 books or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast