Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Maplewood
    Posts
    113
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Peterson tweaked an injury in that game. Honestly, I know from a fan standpoint it's easy to say "geez, just play him", but it is a team, and the ultimate goal is to win games. Why continue to put a limping AP on the field when the game is in-hand? Just to get a record? Completely immature way to look at it.

    I agree 100%, AP was hurting against HOU and we had the game won. Everyone would call for the coaches head if AP got put out in a game that was already won.

    The more surprising thing for me is that the team did nothing at the game to point out the record. You would of thought there would of been a countdown on the scoreboard or something. I had to keep checking on my phone for the stats. Even AP did not know at the end of the game if he got it. I'm sure it will burn him being that close, but he is the type of man that it will only motivate him to go after it next year.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Winning comes before individual accolades. No one wants to keep giving the STAR of the team the ball when the game is well in hand unless you have no chance at making the playoffs, which they did. If Frazier would have did anything different they game before, who is to say AP wouldnt have gotten hurt. If that would have happened, Frazier would have got criticized and scrutinized for it and they wouldnt have beat GB yesterday. Team goals before individual goals. As simple as that. With them making the playoffs, obviously he knows what he is doing.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,024
    vCash
    1500
    He pulled an Abdominal muscle in that game, the game was one why would we risk further injury? Screw the record, 9 out of 10 people will say this was a lot more impressive season than what Eric Dickerson did, we should also blame the nfl for not combining post season stats to regular season, a game is a game and should be counted together.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    the record means nothing to Frazier, his job is to get his team to the playoffs which he did.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    9,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    He pulled an Abdominal muscle in that game, the game was one why would we risk further injury? Screw the record, 9 out of 10 people will say this was a lot more impressive season than what Eric Dickerson did, we should also blame the nfl for not combining post season stats to regular season, a game is a game and should be counted together.
    May I ask why you say that and would those 9 out of 10 people actually be people who saw both? I did. I am not saying one way or the other. 2k is 2k and if you get 2k then you have had one of the greatest seasons a back could have. I guess you could say its because of the ACL and yeah thats impressive. If you look back in time to when Dickerson did it a ACL was a 100% death sentence. Look at Charles in the AFC. Had the best years of his career also coming back from ACL. Modern medicine has made this less impressive as far as coming back from it.

    Era. Defenses today are not built to stop a running back. They are built to stop the pass. In a league that is as pro pass as it is today teams had to change with it. You see more nickle formations. You see more detail put on pass rush and having pass rushers instead of the huge hog run stuffers of the past. As we evolve into a even more pass happy league the ability to stuff the run will be lost. I feel though that it will come back to the running back because teams will get so far away from a run stopping defense that it will allow runners to run wild. I could be wrong. We could evolve into a even more Canadian style of pass only. Point being I believe it is easier for running back to run in the league today than it was when the league was flipped and you had to have a strong run game to win. When Dickerson did it teams were built to stop the rush first and the pass second.

    Era again. I found it interesting when Dan Fouts was talking about how Manning is involved with all aspects of the team including the "food guy" or what you would call nutritionist. Ian Eagle asked him did you ever get on your nutritionist Fouts replied "we didn't have food guys". Interesting and a fact most overlook. Back in those days you smoked. You ate whatever you want. Physical training was in its infancy. Ever see a weight room from the early 80s and before? I did. Might as well run up mountains and pick up stones. Oh wait some did. A lot of players hardly worked out. The understanding of the body was in its infancy also. I promise you Peterson is much more of a trained and physical specimen than Dickerson ever was.

    So while it is true that is it amazing what Peterson has done and that teams that play him only have to target him to win and yet he still does it I would not be as bold as to say it is more impressive. I would also like to see this link to the national study done that supports your 9 in 10 average. Or did you just pull those numbers out of your azz and therefore the whole basis of your point is wrong misleading and full of crap?

    Remember I am not saying and I wont say Peterson was or was not more impressive. If I had to pick one I would honestly pick OJ.

    Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,461
    vCash
    1500
    Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure everyone wishes he got a couple more carries this year so he'd have the record. Unlike passing and receiving records, rushing records are incredibly impressive and when you get that close, everyone even your teammates want you to get it. While I'm sure ap wanted the record, I'm sure he was 100% happy with the w and getting back to the playoffs. I remember when he got the single game record and he had a chance to get 300 yards and he chose to sit down instead of getting it.

    titties

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,917
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, he totally knew AP was going to come up 9 yards short.. rightttttt. Leslie Frazier has done a tremendous job.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville/Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    6,738
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Last week, Frazier took out Peterson with like five minutes left in the game. Gerhart then got eight carries to run out the clock. The game wasn't even that far away, 23-6 Vikings.

    It's a hypothetical, but he screwed his best player because in a situation where you are chasing a record, you need every rep. I was kind of shocked he did that, because that could have easily net Peterson an extra 30 yards.

    I bet we'd be sitting here with AP on top of the record, but we'll never know.

    Obviously Frazier made all the right moves today for the "W", but he royally screwed up last week.
    No offense but look up some information on that game before you post something like this. Peterson had an abdominal injury coming into that game and he aggravated it late in the game. Peterson agreed with Frazier that he should sit out the rest of the game because the game was pretty much out of reach and he was in pain. Frazier didn't screw him out of anything.


    I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,393
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    No offense but look up some information on that game before you post something like this. Peterson had an abdominal injury coming into that game and he aggravated it late in the game. Peterson agreed with Frazier that he should sit out the rest of the game because the game was pretty much out of reach and he was in pain. Frazier didn't screw him out of anything.
    Right if anything he was protecting his best player for a playoff run...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    If he played AP late in the game when the vikes were up by over tds and he got hurt, he would get criticized me and the vikings would be done.
    yep

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    924
    vCash
    1500
    AP pulled an abdominal muscle in that game. Pretty sure that was the reason he was pulled from the game. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that was his reasoning behind taking AP out.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    9,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Right if anything he was protecting his best player for a playoff run...
    Wasn't you who supported the whole RB has no value?

    Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,347
    vCash
    1500
    Who Cares.... its just a record. he will have plenty of years to break that record.

    He was actually short by 8 yards, not 9.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,728
    vCash
    1500
    why does the OP think Adrian Peterson and Leslie Frazier had sex?
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town(Southside)
    Posts
    1,451
    vCash
    850
    No!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •