Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    So would I.

Lets's say we split with GB, Minny, the Kitty Cats. I would like to think that we could beat Philly, the 'Boys, and the Brownies. The rest of the teams aren't the same teams of the past. The Steelers & the Ravens aren't as good as they once were. The 'Skins, Rams, and the Bengals are on the rise. While the Giants & Saints are ? marks, where are they headed?

Our new HC has some work ahead of him, this schedule will be a good test.
    I feel Dallas and Philly are gimme games since Dallas is the offense version of Chicago when we had Lovie (always a "contender", but never good enough to get into the playoffs consistently) Pittsburgh and Baltimore may be harder than expected b/c I expect those teams to be much healthier next year. Pitt was just snake-bitten this year.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    It's obviously impossible to predict, since we don't know the order of the games, or the drafts/FA changes for all the teams, and there's always the possibility of a team like Minnesota, who just comes out of nowhere and exceeds all expectations (or Indy this year)

But, given the info that is available, here's my thoughts

Home

Green Bay: Split games, we'll lose the early season game, win the late season one
    Minnesota: Split games again
    Detroit: Win both
    Baltimore: No Ray Lewis? Win
    Cincinnati: Win
    New York Giants: Lose
    Dallas: Win
    New Orleans: Lose

Away

Green Bay: See above split
    Minnesota: See above split
    Detroit: Win both
    Washington DC: Lose
    St. Louis: Lose
    Pittsburgh: Leaning towards loss.
    Philadelphia: Lose, badly. Chip Kelly offense wears down our old offense. UNLESS game is very early in year, in which case win, but ugly (with neither team having their new offensive systems down).
    Cleveland: Win

Total Wins:8-10 wins, with Pitts/Philly being the wildcard games to me. Pitts I'd want to play late in season, Philly I'd want as the first or 2nd game.

The biggest issue for us is going to be getting the offense going before game 4 or so. The earlier it gets rolling, the better. By the end of the season, I think the offense is actually threatening, and puts us in a position to potentially win the division late.

Philly is the only team I'd rather play early, than late, and only because Chip Kelly's high tempo offense simply out cardios our defense for 3rd-4th quarter points. Then again if we really improve our O-line, and the running game takes off, we may be able to slow the game down and win that way, convincingly. I think 10 wins for a wildcard spot/possible division win is the most optimistic scenario, with the offense finally doing something other than embarrassing itself in December. And in since I'm already tossing completely random guesses out: We win Wildcard round, but lose divisional round.
    Last edited by Epyon; 01-06-2013 at 03:06 AM.

vCash
    Toughest schedule for the Bears that ive seen in a while imo.

Pure Sex.

you have fun with your properly evaluated medical studies....i'll believe my garbage. you believe yours.

vCash
    It's really hard to make a prediction without knowing who our coach is and what we do in the off season (not to mention what the other teams do).

Too bad the Dallas game is home -- a) because I live in Dallas and I can see the game b) it is usually almost like a home game for the Bears anyway crowd-wise.

vCash
    If we manage to take just one game from GB next year I'll be a believer of this new staff.

No more of this status quo mediocre offense and coaching BS.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Without knowing who our coaches will be nor our drafts and FAs, I will say we finish 9-7 or 10-6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Toughest schedule for the Bears that ive seen in a while imo.
    Yeah but we also thought this year would be a cakewalk.

vCash
    Depending on when we play them, Wash looks like it may be RG III-less, which would make that game easier.

vCash
    I'm surprised to see a few people predicting we split with GB since we haven't done that since 2010 and we don't even know what offense or really even the defense will look like. I think if we improve slightly on offense and regress slightly on defense it's hard to find more than 8 wins on that schedule.

vCash
    8-8
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I'm surprised to see a few people predicting we split with GB since we haven't done that since 2010 and we don't even know what offense or really even the defense will look like. I think if we improve slightly on offense and regress slightly on defense it's hard to find more than 8 wins on that schedule.
    I always calculate in splits. We should be able to win one of the two games. I know Lovie hasn't, but come on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    I always calculate in splits. We should be able to win one of the two games. I know Lovie hasn't, but come on.
    I guesstimate in splits too for the most part. And your prediction is a little more balanced since you split Detroit. I just have calculated a split with GB the last 2 years and it hasn't happened. It's hard for me to predict we will beat them 1 time next year since we don't even know who the coach is going to be.

vCash
    Team-by-team strength of schedule for 2013

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...n=Twitter_news

vCash
    That doesn't seem very fair that the Broncos would have the easiest schedule. They were the 1 seed in the AFC.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    That doesn't seem very fair that the Broncos would have the easiest schedule. They were the 1 seed in the AFC.
    Pats had the easiest schedule this year after being in the Super Bowl. Gotta give espn more Brady and manning wins to talk about!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast