Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Smart move by Jets owner?

Tell me guys. What's your opinion about Woody Johnson staying with Rex even if they fired their GM.

For me it was a dumb move. He deserves to get sacked. Rex exploded in his first two years, as the Jets played in two AFC Championship games. After that it was all downhill! This years was a real embarrassment for Jets fan and Rex stubbornness is to blame. Sanchez played horrible, but he didn't want to make himself look bad, so he sticks with him. Now the owner fired Tannebaum, but keeps Rex, forcing the new GM to stick with this failed coach (something that will not appeal to any executive wanting to turn a franchise around) even though his DC is gonna get fired too and Tony Sparano will definitely get sacked. NY is a disaster, something that I'm loving being a Pats fan

vCash
    u wont find a better coach available to hire then rex ryan for 2013

they just need to pair him with a legit offensive mind for once and not saddle him with garbage coaches and find a qb

for all the jets hate the team easily makes the playoffs if they had even league avg play from the qb spot

vCash
    I know deep down that Rex is a good coach, but after that disaster, he really deserves to get fired. Hell, he will have a job in no time, but if you are bringing a new GM you just cant shove the Coach of your preference down his throat. You need to give him the power to hire the staff of his choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1283 View Post
    I know deep down that Rex is a good coach, but after that disaster, he really deserves to get fired. Hell, he will have a job in no time, but if you are bringing a new GM you just cant shove the Coach of your preference down his throat. You need to give him the power to hire the staff of his choice
    thats why they should just promote someone internally and leave it alone

focus on getting a qb and move on from there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    u wont find a better coach available to hire then rex ryan for 2013

they just need to pair him with a legit offensive mind for once and not saddle him with garbage coaches and find a qb

for all the jets hate the team easily makes the playoffs if they had even league avg play from the qb spot
    lmao...too much kool aid....hes not a great coach or a good coach...hes a heck of a defensive coordinator who has no clue what he's doing as a HC, its blatantly obvious to everyone in the NFL and thats why everyone is laughing.

It starts with the HC and ends with the HC and what has started and ended with him since he took the position has been consistantly getting worse.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Bring in a good OC and Rex will be fine.
    The GM's the one who started Tebow mania, I'd blame him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1283 View Post
    Tell me guys. What's your opinion about Woody Johnson staying with Rex even if they fired their GM.

For me it was a dumb move. He deserves to get sacked. Rex exploded in his first two years, as the Jets played in two AFC Championship games. After that it was all downhill! This years was a real embarrassment for Jets fan and Rex stubbornness is to blame. Sanchez played horrible, but he didn't want to make himself look bad, so he sticks with him. Now the owner fired Tannebaum, but keeps Rex, forcing the new GM to stick with this failed coach (something that will not appeal to any executive wanting to turn a franchise around) even though his DC is gonna get fired too and Tony Sparano will definitely get sacked. NY is a disaster, something that I'm loving being a Pats fan
    I do NOT agree that it was "all downhill" after that.

Jets were 8-5 or 8-6 last year before collapsing to end the season. They struggled last year because the defense got worse, the running game got worse, and because they shifted more responsibility to Sanchez and he didn't respond. In the end, though, he was still 8-5 towards the end.

This is the first year that I truly feel was just bad...but its also the worst roster he's had. Really, no receivers. No running back.

Sanchez not grown and team getting worse and worse every year produced this.

But in no way, shape, or form do I think "it's been downhill" for 2 whole seasons. Jets were close to the playoffs and 8-5 last year.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    He should've been fired. He isn't even that great of a DC, he wasn't the DC when the ravens won the superbowl he was the defensive line coach. He's overrated

You mad Bill?!

Let's Go HEAT!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by therealwd27 View Post
    he should've been fired. he isn't even that great of a dc, he wasn't the dc when the ravens won the superbowl he was the defensive line coach. He's overrated
    lol
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Big mouth, no results. Fire him.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    The problem with firing a GM and keeping the coach affects what potential GM's will be interested in the job. Most GM's like their own people in and that's just the way it is.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    The problem with firing a GM and keeping the coach affects what potential GM's will be interested in the job. Most GM's like their own people in and that's just the way it is.
    That.

Although I don't think he deserves to be fired because he's had so much success there.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    That's the same mistake the Bears made. All you're doing is setting the team back. I think the Jets are going to follow the same fate with having another mediocre season unless they make drastic personnel changes. Rex Ryan could succeed somewhere else or maybe in a lower rank position, but I don't think it will be with the Jets.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    I think I've got it. Rex stays as HC, but you bring in...

Matt Millen as GM
    Rob Ryan as DC
    Joe Namath as OC (he's quite opinionated so here's his chance)

and

Buddy Ryan as special consultant.

I'm not sure of the results, but it should would be interesting.

vCash
    I don't think Rex Ryan is a bad coach. I just think that roster is a dumpster fire.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast