Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 223
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I guess RG3 winning a big game is now clutch. He only completed 9 bloody passes for 100 yards but he is now 1 and 0 in big games! lol The fact that the skins ran for about 270 and Morris alone got 200 means nothing. Only QBs win and loses games.

    Just a little history lesson

    Wasn't John Elway the biggest choker? Didn't he lose his first 3 superbowls? Then when he was old and less effective and he won. You know why? They finally got a defence and a running game. Terrell Davis ran for 2000 yards and now Elway is perceived as clutch.

    Steve Young lost 3 NFC championships games and was perceived to be a guy who couldn't win the big game. Now he is a champion and a all time great.

    Peyton Manning lost how many playoff games before he won his first? Look it up. They said he was a regular season winner and not a playoff performer and would never beat the patriots.

    How many years did Brett Favre mess up before he won a Super Bowl? It wasn't until they added guys like Ahman Green and Reggy White that he finally broke through.

    The list goes on and on...

    The point is most of the greatest QBS in history were considered chokers at some point in their careers. Only a very small minority like Brady and Aikman for example had so much success early on.

    With 3 minutes left in the game and the cowboys down three I really wish we would of been healthy. With Dez, austin,Harris, Beasly all out Romo felt he couldn't take the sack so he panicked and forced a throw to the sidelines.

    Even if the cowboys had won the game we probably would of lost next week with all the injuries. No matter how well Romo would of played he was destined to lose and be labeled a choker by the haters. This cowboy team with all the injuries were not going to win the Super Bowl.
    Yes, and did all of those guys suddenly become mentally tougher overnight? I don't think so. In all big games one team will win and the other team will lose. And "big game" means you are playing a really good team. Of course you are going to lose more "big games" than .. let's call them "small" games.

    I don't believe the word "choker". If Romo was a choker he wouldn't have even put us in position to make this a "big game." If losing a big game means you are being a choker, then 50% of all QB's in the big games must be chokers!
    Obviously some good or even great QB's will never win a ring. Does that mean they are all chokers? Or does that just mean that maybe there were better teams? Because that is what football is - a team sport where you win as a team and you lose as a team!

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Yes, and did all of those guys suddenly become mentally tougher overnight? I don't think so. In all big games one team will win and the other team will lose. And "big game" means you are playing a really good team. Of course you are going to lose more "big games" than .. let's call them "small" games.

    I don't believe the word "choker". If Romo was a choker he wouldn't have even put us in position to make this a "big game." If losing a big game means you are being a choker, then 50% of all QB's in the big games must be chokers!
    Obviously some good or even great QB's will never win a ring. Does that mean they are all chokers? Or does that just mean that maybe there were better teams? Because that is what football is - a team sport where you win as a team and you lose as a team!
    Glad to see you agree with me

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    @don

    1. I heard your point, but once I saw it more than once, I had to chime in...I loved watching Jack youngblood play and he was in a different era of football...I don't think pain is an issue for Romo or an excuse; I believe he feels the same way

    2. I was trying to say that romo had no other options at WR once Dez & Miles went down; Tree as your #1 when he was just pushed out of the #3 (and #4) by rookies? That doesn't bode well for a struggling QB

    3. Agreed 100% on the need for a running game. If there was even a hint of a threat of a running game, the opposing defense wouldn't be able to wreak havoc against us

    4. Again, I agree wholeheartedly. Romo needs to do better at the line and make better decisions. But, I would say that the defense was more in Red's head than Romo's. Garrett should have done something, anything to help his QB. When he didn't, Romo had no answer. Two wrongs don't make a right.

    5. Agreed that the NFCS is bad like the NFCE; but I would take the 4 from the east over the 4 from the south, any day (for this season); Atlanta does not impress me despite their record.


    Last, as far as the percentages, I really want to adjust them from my perspective and am having a difficult time moving them around...perhaps 40% JJ, and coaching and 20% on Romo (if he had an OL and still couldn't win, I likely give a heavier weight to Romo, moe like 50%)
    Can't really argue with anything you said. I pretty much agree. My reasoning for the 33.3s is because those have been the constants over the last decade.
    1. The owner
    2. The coaches the owner chooses
    3. The quarterback

    Quote Originally Posted by The manster View Post
    Well, I can't disagree with your opinions, it's just that, opinion but maybe with an oc this season calling the plays we take some responsibility off of Garrett and Let's him manage the game better.

    I am not a Romo fan for the simple fact, he's made bad desicions his entire career, I get a little tired of supporting him for his abilities to extend plays and doing the things he does good, when in reality Parcells saw this in Romo from day 1. He doesn't make good decisions when necessary in key moments.

    I think we're all tired of the high price contracts to players who don't perform up to the billing. ( Free, Austin etc...

    I totally agree with rebuilding through the draft and free agency, but we fail to make smart choices more often then not.
    Maybe, but imo that's a lot of investment in terms of time and money to bank on the improvement and belief that an OC was the missing ingredient all along. Just seems like a stretch to me.

    I never wanted Garrett because I don't believe he's a leader of men. He may have sound football knowledge, I'm sure of it, but he's not the kind of coach I could see players wanting to play for, wanting to give that extra mile, want to push through tough situations. He's not a leader in my eyes.

    There's 3 reasons why a Quarterback slips through the cracks in the NFL. Remember the NFL is built on the draft so there's billions of dollars riding on the premise that these teams full of professionals know how to judge a a player before you see the results. It's a pure gamble, but there's always been some who have figured out how to be successful at gambling.

    1. The player in question has character and or health concerns which lowers his stock. (Take Dez for an example)

    2. The player is overlooked due to inabilities (Tony Romo)

    3. The majority of NFL scouting departments don't see something (Tom Brady)

    *Remember Brady wasn't a sure thing when he was drafted and I'll bet Belli wasn't holding his breath that Tom would become the player he did. The right model, the right player, and the right staff helped to teach, elevate, and mold Tom into the player he is.

    * Jerry Jones went into it looking to do what NE did. He thought he could find his Tom Brady and do one better, get him outside of the draft. Basically a recipe of Warner and Brady.

    The biggest let down I feel is that when we lose like this we don't have a confident contingency. Most teams in the NFL over the last 10 years have had some ups and a couple downs, but the fans are confident that their coach/gm can improve their team. I can't say that about ours. I have absolutely no confidence that Jones can build a championship club. He looks like a fish out of water.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Can't really argue with anything you said. I pretty much agree. My reasoning for the 33.3s is because those have been the constants over the last decade.
    1. The owner
    2. The coaches the owner chooses
    3. The quarterback



    Maybe, but imo that's a lot of investment in terms of time and money to bank on the improvement and belief that an OC was the missing ingredient all along. Just seems like a stretch to me.

    I never wanted Garrett because I don't believe he's a leader of men. He may have sound football knowledge, I'm sure of it, but he's not the kind of coach I could see players wanting to play for, wanting to give that extra mile, want to push through tough situations. He's not a leader in my eyes.

    There's 3 reasons why a Quarterback slips through the cracks in the NFL. Remember the NFL is built on the draft so there's billions of dollars riding on the premise that these teams full of professionals know how to judge a a player before you see the results. It's a pure gamble, but there's always been some who have figured out how to be successful at gambling.

    1. The player in question has character and or health concerns which lowers his stock. (Take Dez for an example)

    2. The player is overlooked due to inabilities (Tony Romo)

    3. The majority of NFL scouting departments don't see something (Tom Brady)

    *Remember Brady wasn't a sure thing when he was drafted and I'll bet Belli wasn't holding his breath that Tom would become the player he did. The right model, the right player, and the right staff helped to teach, elevate, and mold Tom into the player he is.

    * Jerry Jones went into it looking to do what NE did. He thought he could find his Tom Brady and do one better, get him outside of the draft. Basically a recipe of Warner and Brady.

    The biggest let down I feel is that when we lose like this we don't have a confident contingency. Most teams in the NFL over the last 10 years have had some ups and a couple downs, but the fans are confident that their coach/gm can improve their team. I can't say that about ours. I have absolutely no confidence that Jones can build a championship club. He looks like a fish out of water.
    sean peyton found tony romo. then wanted him to go to new orleans with him.

    and really, bb is kinda like garrett. monotone, doesnt say much, doesnt get worked up in press confrences, doesnt say much...

    from what ive heard, garrett is a totally diffrent person in the locker room, one that the players would sacrifice for...

    ( i dont really know either, just hear say.)

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Romo had a bad game and was a big part of why we lost against the Redskins. But he was also one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league for the past 6 or 7 weeks. Let's be objective: He is good enough to win it all provided the team is. I still think this team has holes to fill more urgent than QB. My bottom line: There have been well constructed Superbowl teams with QB's both far less talented than Romo and less accomplished. 22 guys play this ultimate team sport. I will say Romo cant get it done if he retires with no championship much like i used to tell all of my friends that said Dirk was a great regular season scorer but didnt have "what it takes" to win it all. We shall see...
    1. Romo is a 1-6 in must win games. It's a trend not one game.
    2. Who cares if he's a top 3 or 4 quarterback during the regular season. So was Marino, so was Favre. For all their records they've combined for 1 SB.
    3. He's not good enough to win it all and that's wishful thinking. There's absolutely no proof to back this claim up. Stats? Who cares!

    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I guess RG3 winning a big game is now clutch. He only completed 9 bloody passes for 100 yards but he is now 1 and 0 in big games! lol The fact that the skins ran for about 270 and Morris alone got 200 means nothing. Only QBs win and loses games.

    Just a little history lesson

    Wasn't John Elway the biggest choker? Didn't he lose his first 3 superbowls? Then when he was old and less effective and he won. You know why? They finally got a defence and a running game. Terrell Davis ran for 2000 yards and now Elway is perceived as clutch.

    Steve Young lost 3 NFC championships games and was perceived to be a guy who couldn't win the big game. Now he is a champion and a all time great.

    Peyton Manning lost how many playoff games before he won his first? Look it up. They said he was a regular season winner and not a playoff performer and would never beat the patriots.

    How many years did Brett Favre mess up before he won a Super Bowl? It wasn't until they added guys like Ahman Green and Reggy White that he finally broke through.

    The list goes on and on...

    The point is most of the greatest QBS in history were considered chokers at some point in their careers. Only a very small minority like Brady and Aikman for example had so much success early on.

    With 3 minutes left in the game and the cowboys down three I really wish we would of been healthy. With Dez, austin,Harris, Beasly all out Romo felt he couldn't take the sack so he panicked and forced a throw to the sidelines.

    Even if the cowboys had won the game we probably would of lost next week with all the injuries. No matter how well Romo would of played he was destined to lose and be labeled a choker by the haters. This cowboy team with all the injuries were not going to win the Super Bowl.
    1. RG3 didn't give the ball away 3 times. So your comparison is flawed.

    2. You can't win "as a team" - just another example of an excuse to defend Romo, when you're star QB is giving the ball away on rookie mistakes.

    3. Did you not read any of the "statistical facts" i've presented about divisions, passing yards, rushing yards, defensive stats, etc etc. Romo has had everything you claim he hasn't had over his career. He just doesn't possess the mental aptitude for tough games. It's one of, if not the biggest reason he was undrafted. This stuff isn't rocket science.

    4. Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, Montana (the greatest big game QB), Plunkett, Staubach, Starr all had success to. What did they all have in common? The mental ability.

    5. You're defending a 32 year old multimillion dollar QB who's a top 3-4 QB when he makes a rookie mistake in a must win game for the 6th time in his career because he panicked????? Come on.

    6. The tides have turned. The people who once believed Romo was the problem were the minority, but now the believers are finding themselves on an island and it's appearing to be somewhat embarrassing.

    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Look at the 3rd interception: the blitzers were in Romo's face so fast nobody had time to get separation from the defenders. He tried to make them pay by dumping it off and he failed. It was a bad decision and a horrible throw. He should have thrown it away. Just like every other time when the blitzers were in his face almost at the same time the ball was snapped. Had Romo tried to force more throws trying to beat the blitz he would just have thrown even more interceptions. NOBODY could have completed that pass. The smart thing would have been to throw the ball away, but don't tell me that Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton or whoever would have made the defense pay there, because there was no chance to do so. In order to complete a pass you HAVE TO have an open receiver, simple as that, and a receiver doesn't get open in 0,3 secs.
    That is exactly why I think Jason Garrett ****ed up just as much as Romo - a smart coach would have adjusted his gameplan trying to help his QB beat the blitz. He didn't, Romo tried to force a throw and here we are in the off-season.
    Again, not trying to defend Romo - as I said it was a horrible decision and a horrible throw. Just saying Garrett should have tried to help his QB out!
    1. I'm sorry, but i totally disagree. You beat the blitz by shovel passes, draws, hot reads, screen passes. you don't have to have an all pro offensive line, frankly no one does, but QB's do it all the time because they have the mental aptitude to recognize the blitz and change things when needed. Again it's not quantum mechanics.

    2. There are QB's who have it and there are QB's that don't. This trend of losing must win games on the back of Romo then defense and excuses withholding the blame from him is getting old.

    3. Garrett is equally to blame in all this, i'll totally agree with you here!

    4. I'll say it again, A veteran QB should not be making mistakes like this. If they are there's a mental problem.

    5. No one is denying that Romo can play. Great arm, good accuracy, but he doesn't have what it takes to win and to lead men. That's the point and that's where people are confusing things. They think that a good passer = a leader = champion. He'll in my high school days i could thread a needle 25-35 yards away 7/10 times all day, but that didn't mean i was the next Montana.

    6. There is a difference between great passer and great leader. One has the stats and the other has the rings. They have the stats because they rely solely on their arm while the leader relies on knowledge, mental strength, leadership, leading by example, and game management.

    It saddens me because when i look around and see people refusing to accept truths i have no faith in this franchise. We all want the same thing.



    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Yes, and did all of those guys suddenly become mentally tougher overnight? I don't think so. In all big games one team will win and the other team will lose. And "big game" means you are playing a really good team. Of course you are going to lose more "big games" than .. let's call them "small" games.

    I don't believe the word "choker". If Romo was a choker he wouldn't have even put us in position to make this a "big game." If losing a big game means you are being a choker, then 50% of all QB's in the big games must be chokers!
    Obviously some good or even great QB's will never win a ring. Does that mean they are all chokers? Or does that just mean that maybe there were better teams? Because that is what football is - a team sport where you win as a team and you lose as a team!
    Chalk that one up on my list of excuses, i forgot it.

    Guarantee, I'd bet money that if Romo won this game and went on to win the next round there would be at minimal 5 threads over the course of 1 week building Romo up out of the "choker block" he's been in for his entire career. Ironically that excuse which defends Romo would be irrelevant hence the common double standard Romo fans love to illustrate.

    Those types of statements get me, because i hear things like that then refer to other posts where people say "Romo got us this far" and "without Romo we'd never have a chance" (Fred knows I'm just razzing him), yet the "win and lose as a team" only applies when we lose. Do we not see the double standard?????
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-01-2013 at 02:58 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    sean peyton found tony romo. then wanted him to go to new orleans with him.

    and really, bb is kinda like garrett. monotone, doesnt say much, doesnt get worked up in press confrences, doesnt say much...

    from what ive heard, garrett is a totally diffrent person in the locker room, one that the players would sacrifice for...

    ( i dont really know either, just hear say.)
    If Sean Payton wanted him then why didn't he go? I don't see how that helps your cause.

    Personality is part of the equation of a coach, but respect and ability are another. If players wanted to sacrifice for him then Brent wouldn't have risked his career, the team, and his life by doing what he did, Romo wouldn't force throws and make rookie mistakes, i mean i can go on for days about this.

    Hearing and seeing are 2 different things. Garrett was hired because Jones could keep his thumb on him.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    I don't even know why I'm going on about this. The proof is in the pudding, the facts are there, the excuses have dried up, and i apologize to anyone i've offended, but I'm just so disappointed because i knew this would eventually happen and we have no assurance or confidence to rely on a coach and or gm to improve this team. I don't mean for anything to be taken personally so please don't take it as such.

    I've quenched my thirst on the koolaid that Jones and Romo have served me over the years.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. Romo is a 1-6 in must win games. It's a trend not one game.but how did we lose? how did romo play in those games? did he just lose them? did he play good, but we lost from other factors? and really? in romo's career, we have only had 7 must win games? seems like every game romo wins, its not really a must win. every game he loses, was... steelers game, everyone was calling that must win. bengals, that was must win... we have alot of must win, but just seems to me, if romo wins, then it wasnt really must win... and some of the games we lost, i dont blame romo at all.. giants, 2007... to me, romo played great. crayton lost us that game. vikings.. romo didnt really lose that for us. our line did, and our defense did... 2. Who cares if he's a top 3 or 4 quarterback during the regular season. So was Marino, so was Favre. For all their records they've combined for 1 SB. romo plays max nationally televised games. plays in packed stadium every week... i dont really believe, that certain games, he cant handle the stress.. week 1, vs giants. only game that day. whole nation watching. nationally televised. 1st game. all hype.. played great.. your telling me, you think that was more pressure? i mean, at the moment, the games are played, IMO, there all high pressure....
    3. He's not good enough to win it all and that's wishful thinking. There's absolutely no proof to back this claim up. Stats? Who cares!

    i respectfully disagree, and thats a matter of opinion.
    1. RG3 didn't give the ball away 3 times. So your comparison is flawed.
    RG3 didnt have to throw the ball.. he had 100 yards total passing.. he could sit back and rely on the run game.
    2. You can't win "as a team" - just another example of an excuse to defend Romo, when you're star QB is giving the ball away on rookie mistakes.
    romo had a bad game. he was pivotal in losing this game. i concede that. but he could have had some help. rg3 had to pass like romo, im not sure the results would be the same... but when your having a bad game, its nice to get a little help from rb, oline, or defense... romo is good enough, IMO, to suffer through his 2-3 bad games a year...
    3. Did you not read any of the "statistical facts" i've presented about divisions, passing yards, rushing yards, defensive stats, etc etc. Romo has had everything you claim he hasn't had over his career. He just doesn't possess the mental aptitude for tough games. It's one of, if not the biggest reason he was undrafted. This stuff isn't rocket science.
    romo was a steal. i can promise, if we could go back in time, he would be drafted 1st round. ( if teams new what they no now) and you know that.. romo fell threw the cracks. just like brady. obviously not has good.. but a steal none the less... eli manning. what if tyrese never made that spectacular catch? or favre wouldnt have thrown that interception in the nfc championship game? or what if the giants didnt have there dline carry them?

    on romo, what if crayton would have caught the ball? or not given up on that route? or his WR run the right route?

    its not all romo. yes, some of it is. but he is the best option we have.

    4. Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, Montana (the greatest big game QB), Plunkett, Staubach, Starr all had success to. What did they all have in common? The mental ability.
    they only say that cause they won. i no its sounds funny me saying it, but eli manning was getting the same critisism romo is now. so was peyton. did they change anything? IMO, no. tyrese made spectacular catch. defense for them played spectaculer. they had some lucky bounces breaks.... they got a better supporting cast, got some lucky breaks, some lucky bounces, some great play by unknown players, and they won. romo hasnt gotten those lucky breaks yet. will he? IDK. but if he does,then everyone will talk about how he has "it" and all this talk will vanish. if he doesnt , then it wont go away.


    5. You're defending a 32 year old multimillion dollar QB who's a top 3-4 QB when he makes a rookie mistake in a must win game for the 6th time in his career because he panicked????? Come on.
    aaron rodgers, tom brady, they all would have the same problem in that game.

    when you have people right in your face, right in your face, then your wr arent adjusting and running the hot route, then your going to have turnovers. romo gets blitz, he goes, ok, ogletree should be here, throws, cause at that point he dont have time to look, based on defense, he has to count on his guy to do his job. ogletree didnt, and bam. t.o. the last 2, he was under mega pressure, and messed up. cost us a game. **** happens. sucks, but, maybe if he wasnt getting redskins up his *** every play, andthings would be diffrent. all speculation.

    6. The tides have turned. The people who once believed Romo was the problem were the minority, but now the believers are finding themselves on an island and it's appearing to be somewhat embarrassing.

    i agree. we are diff. the minority. when you lose the way we did, it angers alot of people... but alot of people are reacting to emotion...

    i dont know what to say. it sucks, romo had a bad game. overall, he is a great qb IMO. i remember what we had pre romo. henson, testerverde, carter, banks, leaf, stoerner, wright, etc. i dont want to go back to that... at least with romo i have hope... we get rid of romo, we might have another 10 years of guys like weeden, moore, sanchez, alex smith, grossman, ponder, fitzpatrick, palmer, jamurcus russal, etc, etc. etc.

    1. I'm sorry, but i totally disagree. You beat the blitz by shovel passes, draws, hot reads, screen passes. you don't have to have an all pro offensive line, frankly no one does, but QB's do it all the time because they have the mental aptitude to recognize the blitz and change things when needed. Again it's not quantum mechanics. all pro offensive line? im not asking for that. i dont even care if we have a bottom 5 offensive line... but we have a high school offensive line. a crappy high school at that. im not sure your realize how bad our line is... its not sub par. its ****ing horrible. im talking monkey crap bad....
    2. There are QB's who have it and there are QB's that don't. This trend of losing must win games on the back of Romo then defense and excuses withholding the blame from him is getting old.

    3. Garrett is equally to blame in all this, i'll totally agree with you here!

    4. I'll say it again, A veteran QB should not be making mistakes like this. If they are there's a mental problem.

    5. No one is denying that Romo can play. Great arm, good accuracy, but he doesn't have what it takes to win and to lead men. That's the point and that's where people are confusing things. They think that a good passer = a leader = champion. He'll in my high school days i could thread a needle 25-35 yards away 7/10 times all day, but that didn't mean i was the next Montana.

    6. There is a difference between great passer and great leader. One has the stats and the other has the rings. They have the stats because they rely solely on their arm while the leader relies on knowledge, mental strength, leadership, leading by example, and game management.

    It saddens me because when i look around and see people refusing to accept truths i have no faith in this franchise. We all want the same thing.
    i understand what your saying. you always make great points, have great facts, present it in a very organized efficient way.

    I understand what your saying. I concede you make excellent points. Fully comprehended.

    However, i disagree. Respectfully. That doesnt mean i dont understand what your saying. It doesnt make me an idiot. (lol) I just dont see things the way you do, and feel like my points are valid, and reasonable.

    Does that make me wrong? Maybe. but its not concrete. i strongly believe im right. I know you believe you are right. are you? IDK. maybe. again, its subjective, and will be debated, im sure for quite some time....

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    If Sean Payton wanted him then why didn't he go? I don't see how that helps your cause.

    Personality is part of the equation of a coach, but respect and ability are another. If players wanted to sacrifice for him then Brent wouldn't have risked his career, the team, and his life by doing what he did, Romo wouldn't force throws and make rookie mistakes, i mean i can go on for days about this.

    Hearing and seeing are 2 different things. Garrett was hired because Jones could keep his thumb on him.
    he never played a snap at that point. and peyton offered a 3rd round pick for him.

    jones wanted at least a 2nd, and they werent comfortable enough, on a realitivly unknown, to offer that much. so they got brees instead.

    peyton liked romo alot though.

    and atlanta, and the ravens both offered garrett head coaching jobs, and he turned them down. so garrett wasnt just some nobody that only jones wanted.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,778
    vCash
    1500
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Romo

    Romo attended the 2003 NFL Combine, but, despite intriguing some scouts, went undrafted by any NFL team during the 2003 NFL Draft. Throughout the draft, Romo was assured by Sean Payton of the Cowboys' interest (Romo was also intensely pursued by former Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan)

    In the 2006 off-season, Sean Payton (now head coach of the New Orleans Saints), offered a third round draft pick for Romo, but Jerry Jones refused, asking for no less than a second round draft pick. Romo eventually took over the starting quarterback role from Drew Bledsoe during half time against the New York Giants on October 23, 2006.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i understand what your saying. you always make great points, have great facts, present it in a very organized efficient way.

    I understand what your saying. I concede you make excellent points. Fully comprehended.

    However, i disagree. Respectfully. That doesnt mean i dont understand what your saying. It doesnt make me an idiot. (lol) I just dont see things the way you do, and feel like my points are valid, and reasonable.

    Does that make me wrong? Maybe. but its not concrete. i strongly believe im right. I know you believe you are right. are you? IDK. maybe. again, its subjective, and will be debated, im sure for quite some time....
    Of course your not an idiot and your not wrong for having an opinion. My qualm is with the double standards that i've only seen employed by Romo fans. I'm speaking in a general sense because i'm not going to recall each and every person, post, or thread.

    When the Cowboys win, the general consensus is Romo did good. When the Cowboys lose it's always a reason not named Romo. It's pathetic to me and it doesn't help legitimize the Cowboys as an organization.

    1. I can't see how the 1st game of the season is the example you use when defending pressure situations. See it's not my personal opinion about failing in must win games, there's actual facts to prove this and what bothers me is people disregard the facts purely based on a desire to want Romo to succeed. There's no facts that show Romo has or will succeed. That's not a personal opinion. I know you believe it is, but my opinion all along was Romo never had what it took to win when needed, it took years of mistakes for precedent to accumulate. Now the facts illustrate the opinion i had years ago.

    2. Yes a running game would have been nice, but when he has had a running game he's lost. Other teams like the Falcons had a poor running game and still won. There's no excuse left.

    3. I'm not going to go on about what if's and or hindsight because they're not relevant. I understand your train of thought, but don't see how they are relevant.

    4. I can't keep saying the same things over and over. There's a million ways to dismantle a blitzing team. None of which was employed last night.

    I'm stopping it there because I'm frustrating, not with you, just overall frustrated. We're debating semantics and there's no real point because many Romo fans will argue the what if side of the debate.

    I'm only showing facts. 5 years ago when i said Romo wasn't the right guy i had 0 evidence other than a personal opinion to make this claim. It took heartbreak after heartbreak for the evidence to accumulate. Do you think i enjoyed watching it?

    Romo fans only have wishful thinking and what ifs to use now. They are blinded with the perception that this guy has what it takes without any ounce of factual evidence to prove it. We've switched places. Now the facts back up that Romo is not the guy and the opinions are with the Romo believers.

    All i want to see is the Romo fans be fair and realize that all they have left is wishful thinking. I'm not forcing anyone to have an opinion, but i want them to realize they don't have facts, it's purely speculation and personal opinion. The facts have shifted against their opinion. That's all.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    I've got dinner to make, so don't think i'm ignoring you if i don't respond. Happy New Year to you and the family.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,778
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Of course your not an idiot and your not wrong for having an opinion. My qualm is with the double standards that i've only seen employed by Romo fans. I'm speaking in a general sense because i'm not going to recall each and every person, post, or thread.

    When the Cowboys win, the general consensus is Romo did good. When the Cowboys lose it's always a reason not named Romo. It's pathetic to me and it doesn't help legitimize the Cowboys as an organization.

    1. I can't see how the 1st game of the season is the example you use when defending pressure situations. See it's not my personal opinion about failing in must win games, there's actual facts to prove this and what bothers me is people disregard the facts purely based on a desire to want Romo to succeed. There's no facts that show Romo has or will succeed. That's not a personal opinion. I know you believe it is, but my opinion all along was Romo never had what it took to win when needed, it took years of mistakes for precedent to accumulate. Now the facts illustrate the opinion i had years ago.

    2. Yes a running game would have been nice, but when he has had a running game he's lost. Other teams like the Falcons had a poor running game and still won. There's no excuse left.

    3. I'm not going to go on about what if's and or hindsight because they're not relevant. I understand your train of thought, but don't see how they are relevant.

    4. I can't keep saying the same things over and over. There's a million ways to dismantle a blitzing team. None of which was employed last night.

    I'm stopping it there because I'm frustrating, not with you, just overall frustrated. We're debating semantics and there's no real point because many Romo fans will argue the what if side of the debate.

    I'm only showing facts. 5 years ago when i said Romo wasn't the right guy i had 0 evidence other than a personal opinion to make this claim. It took heartbreak after heartbreak for the evidence to accumulate. Do you think i enjoyed watching it?

    Romo fans only have wishful thinking and what ifs to use now. They are blinded with the perception that this guy has what it takes without any ounce of factual evidence to prove it. We've switched places. Now the facts back up that Romo is not the guy and the opinions are with the Romo believers.

    All i want to see is the Romo fans be fair and realize that all they have left is wishful thinking. I'm not forcing anyone to have an opinion, but i want them to realize they don't have facts, it's purely speculation and personal opinion. The facts have shifted against their opinion. That's all.
    Losing sucks, and we all should be frustrated. I hate it. I wish we could all meet in real life, just to see how we are in the real world. Internet rawz is not the same has real life rawz. Im supporting, and arguing nonstop for the cowboys, getting physically sick when they lose.

    My point about the giants game, wasnt must win, it was pressure situations.

    and the you saying fact that he loses must win games, my rebuttal is, what is your diff. of must win? cause i think he has won lots must win games... is your criteria only the last game of the season? j/c.

    hey, dont get to worked up. i hear ya. i know you love this team. i love it. we both want the same thing. to win.

    i told my 13 year old the other day. if romo leaves the cowboys, i wont be a fan of that new team. Im a cowboys fan 1st and foremost. i love romo. i love the cowboys more. i will always like romo... ( i think.. i mean, if he went to divisonal rival, i wouldnt, but other then that, i will always like him.) i like him cause i believe he can help us win. if i didnt think that, i wouldnt like him. i understand your disagreement, that in this paragraph is not my point.

    point is, i love the cowboys most. not romo, not jerry, the cowboys. they are my number 1 love, and i know thats you to.

    its hard right now...

    its very hard.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salinas CA
    Posts
    402
    vCash
    1500
    I love watching Romo play I'm 20 years old I grew up watching Aikman at his end and the Qb problem I hated watching Henson and Hutchinson testaverede Bledsoe ! Romo is my guy he's ****ed up plenty of times in the past but he has led us to many good wins he always seems to have that bad luck game on the big stage but even this season each of the past 6 games were "do or die" games and he led us threw some beast *** comebacks even the one against the giants on the bs des finger call il ride with this dude till however long it takes to get that ring call me crazy but just learn to deal with it Romo ain't going anywhere this guy leaves it all on the field for the star broken ribs punctured lung, bs non roughing the passer calls (I don't even remember when a roughing the passer was called for romo?) that late pick killed us but any Qb would throw that **** on what he first read when a blitzes is coming untouched threw the middle having to throw off his back foot if it was thrown a lil higher murray would have had 1 on 1 against Wilson for a big gain or a td with Murray's skill! With that's said a pick was thrown but it didn't completely kill the game the d didn't force a fg like they should had (dumb hatcher penalty) if they get that stop fg romo gets another shot at it and I'm willing to bet $ he gets us that TD . Overall a TEAM loss! Morris killed us I can't wait to play the skins with our starting inside backers! it this online is a joke free is weak our 3 inside guys are quality backups at best smith is good but needs better help next to him we need a real change of pace running back Felix days are numbered better luck for him somewhere else , our Wr corp is growing experience was gained Dez is a beast Harris is a playmaker also Austin could play 100x better than he did this season . Our boys had overcome so much adversity and injured CORE players they fought hard every game they are human mistakes happen and a lot of them did but that **** needs to be adressed JG ain't going anywhere this offseason so he needs to get his **** straight too! Hats off to this team for fighting hard but it wasn't enough to stop Morris (imagine if our online was able to give Murray a game like this on the big stage so romo can have a easy win throwing 9 passes for 100 yards an can be considered clutch)

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. Romo is a 1-6 in must win games. It's a trend not one game.
    2. Who cares if he's a top 3 or 4 quarterback during the regular season. So was Marino, so was Favre. For all their records they've combined for 1 SB.
    3. He's not good enough to win it all and that's wishful thinking. There's absolutely no proof to back this claim up. Stats? Who cares!



    1. RG3 didn't give the ball away 3 times. So your comparison is flawed.

    2. You can't win "as a team" - just another example of an excuse to defend Romo, when you're star QB is giving the ball away on rookie mistakes.

    3. Did you not read any of the "statistical facts" i've presented about divisions, passing yards, rushing yards, defensive stats, etc etc. Romo has had everything you claim he hasn't had over his career. He just doesn't possess the mental aptitude for tough games. It's one of, if not the biggest reason he was undrafted. This stuff isn't rocket science.

    4. Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, Montana (the greatest big game QB), Plunkett, Staubach, Starr all had success to. What did they all have in common? The mental ability.

    5. You're defending a 32 year old multimillion dollar QB who's a top 3-4 QB when he makes a rookie mistake in a must win game for the 6th time in his career because he panicked????? Come on.

    6. The tides have turned. The people who once believed Romo was the problem were the minority, but now the believers are finding themselves on an island and it's appearing to be somewhat embarrassing.



    1. I'm sorry, but i totally disagree. You beat the blitz by shovel passes, draws, hot reads, screen passes. you don't have to have an all pro offensive line, frankly no one does, but QB's do it all the time because they have the mental aptitude to recognize the blitz and change things when needed. Again it's not quantum mechanics.

    2. There are QB's who have it and there are QB's that don't. This trend of losing must win games on the back of Romo then defense and excuses withholding the blame from him is getting old.

    3. Garrett is equally to blame in all this, i'll totally agree with you here!

    4. I'll say it again, A veteran QB should not be making mistakes like this. If they are there's a mental problem.

    5. No one is denying that Romo can play. Great arm, good accuracy, but he doesn't have what it takes to win and to lead men. That's the point and that's where people are confusing things. They think that a good passer = a leader = champion. He'll in my high school days i could thread a needle 25-35 yards away 7/10 times all day, but that didn't mean i was the next Montana.

    6. There is a difference between great passer and great leader. One has the stats and the other has the rings. They have the stats because they rely solely on their arm while the leader relies on knowledge, mental strength, leadership, leading by example, and game management.

    It saddens me because when i look around and see people refusing to accept truths i have no faith in this franchise. We all want the same thing.





    Chalk that one up on my list of excuses, i forgot it.

    Guarantee, I'd bet money that if Romo won this game and went on to win the next round there would be at minimal 5 threads over the course of 1 week building Romo up out of the "choker block" he's been in for his entire career. Ironically that excuse which defends Romo would be irrelevant hence the common double standard Romo fans love to illustrate.

    Those types of statements get me, because i hear things like that then refer to other posts where people say "Romo got us this far" and "without Romo we'd never have a chance" (Fred knows I'm just razzing him), yet the "win and lose as a team" only applies when we lose. Do we not see the double standard?????
    Actually, the team is 1-6 in that span.

    How many years do the Cowboys need to see the same movie unfold? How many times do they do the same thing expecting a different result?
    That's the definition of stupidity.

    Try establishing a running game to alleviate Romo's propensity to feel the pressure. Why is it ALWAYS on his shoulders. It's a team. Run the team properly - run the BALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the blitzes OFF of him. Because they always predictably abandon the run, blitzes can be used at will.
    Stop forcing him to win or lose a big game for you.

    It's really that simple.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •