Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 223
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,631
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    There's no excuse to make stupid decisions when you've been a starting quarterback in the NFL for as long as Romo has. You're paid tens of millions of dollars and supposed to be the leader of the team. He made rookie mistakes because he doesn't have the personality and mental fortitude for these types of situations.

    Rewind to when Bret Favre threw that pass across his body in the playoffs that resulted in an INT. Rookie mistake from a veteran. You're not supposed to make those kind of mistakes.

    I knew the excuses would fly after a result like this, so far it's been:
    1. Offensive line
    2. Injuries
    3. Broken Ribs
    4. WR's suck
    5. Running game sucks
    6. Bad coaching
    7. Defensive line

    I mean every excuse from the Romo supporters fail to include any negativity on his part. Ironically he even said he's to blame yet the supporters still don't want to accept it. The guy deserves some blame. He decision making destroyed this team.

    You can't say in one breath, he got us here, then after his dismal performance blame everyone else but him. It's a double standard and doesn't help your cause.

    Let's break this down:
    1A. The Colts, Packers, Bengals, and Bears were sacked more than the Cowboys and 3 made the playoffs.

    2A. The Packers won the Super Bowl 2 years ago with a ton of injuries

    3A. Jack Youngblood and countless others have played injured and had success. Injuries are part of the game, not an excuse.

    4A. What kind of WR's does Seattle and Denver have? Pretty sure the Skins and Seattle were in the bottom 10 in passing yards yet still made the playoffs.

    5A. The rushing game for Indy was non existent at 22nd, falcons at 29th, Cowboys 31.

    6A. Worth noting, but the QB does have the ability to read the defenses and make necessary adjustments. Romo doesn't.

    7A. The Falcons won the division with the 21th ranked defense against the run, Colts with the 29th, Packers 17th, Cowboys 22nd.

    Sure the Cowboys could have a more balanced team, but Jerry has built the team around 1 man and the fans have accepted it. Romo wins = great, Romo loses = not his fault.

    People who defend Romo are not making a valid case as why to keep him or how he makes this team better. It would be far better imo to give him equal blame regardless of whether or not you want him on the team. He was one of if not the main reason we lost last night and it's sad that some people still refuse to accept this.

    He doesn't deserve all the blame, but deserves a decent amount of it.
    I think romo certainly played a pivotal role in losing us this game. But theres not a qb out there that hasnt lost a game for his team... i know peyton manning has cost his team plenty of games.. playoff games even..

    it happens.. it sucks, i hate it, but it happens..

    romo, in my strong opinion, remains a franchise qb, that can lead us to a superbowl.

    i think we can improve things on this team to increase his chances of doing that. offensive line, better run game, getting a healthier team.

    Those are all things that can help us get to were we want to be.

    IMO, ditching romo would be not accomplish that goal. it would set us back.

    I dont think any qb (with exception to 1 or 2 maybe) could be successful with the team we had out there last night. just my opinion.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    1500
    You know we're buds on here and i respect your opinions, but i hope you open your mind a little.

    Article after article, analyst after analyst, person after person is fed up with Romo. It's no longer a minority opinion.

    Losing a game is one thing, but being the reason why you lose consistently in must win scenarios is a different thing all together. Why is it so hard to comprehend that an undrafted QB doesn't have the mental aptitude needed to win in scenarios like this? It's not a hard concept to understand.

    1. He's had 3 coaches so we can't blame the coaches
    2. He's had all pro offensive lineman
    3. He's had good defenses
    4. He's had excellent weapons to use
    5. He's had chance after chance, when do you say enough is enough?

    Every off season it's the same excuses. The time has run out on the same excuses, defensive line, injuries, rushing game, wide outs, coaches, weather, holding penalties, offensive line, owner, water boy, maintenance department, the grounds keepers, ticket takers, cheerleaders, golf game, nutritionist, team trainer, scouting department, draft picks, free agents, beer man in row S15. I mean year after year it's every excuse except Romo and every excuse except Jones.

    i've pointed out the facts above and in numerous threads, but people still choose to disregard them. Hell even if Romo went out on TV and said "hey i'm not the right guy" people would still believe he is. That's naivety, and that's emotion. It's more of a desire to want him than any sound logic. He's a nice guy, easy to like and people, un-drafted and people want him to be a success, but this desire is for 1 man not for the team. People have lost sight of the goal by having an infatuation with one man (not accusing you).

    He's had his chances, but makes careless mistakes that a professional Quarterback with the experience he's had should not be making. His mistakes come from a mindset that should not exist with a leader and or professional "elite" QB. These are rookie mistakes. You can't be making rookie mistakes at 32 years old.

    There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest Tony Romo will succeed and zero evidence that Jerry Jones knows how to build a championship team. There's not 1 reason anyone's suggested that can't be countered with actual proof.

    The time to wake up and realize the constants over the last God knows how many years has been Jones and to a lesser extent Romo. It's time that both are changed.

    We all want this team to win the Super Bowl. It's time to consider options once argued as unrealistic. If people want results you have to change the way things are done because this model has been ineffective.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 10:51 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    1500
    i can understand the money issue, but either way this team is screwed due to poor management and now it's time to finally pay the piper. Might as well cut your loses and get as much as you can. If that means we have to trade certain people, take cap hits, miss out on free agents, fall out of contention (never really in it), fire sale, and or start fresh then so be it.

    It's going to happen at some point with the poor management decisions over the years.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,196
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Here's what I don't like about this:
    1. He's not a baby, he's a grown man, playing in a big market, getting paid ten's of million's of dollars, wanting the spotlight. The criticism comes with the job.

    2. He chokes in big game situations, why shouldn't he get the criticism?

    3. Isn't it unfair that he get's the praise for wins, but then we should feel bad when he gets criticized for the losses?

    4. He's a player. Are you a fan of the team or the player? Why are people emotionally attached to the player?



    ABSOLUTELY!!



    See the above post because that's what would happen AND, I'd bet there would be at least 5 threads made immediately after this season ended about how great Romo is if the Cowboys won the whole thing.

    Well now the rooster has come home to roost.



    1. With all due respect you're not a scout nor a coaching staff. You may not like the list of QB's you're looking at, but that doesn't mean professionals do too.

    2. We hoped we hit it big with an undrafted Tony Romo so i don't understand what you're talking about. Eventually we're going to hope we hit it big with a replacement. That's what you do

    3. We're stuck with Romo, i've believed it was a mistake for years. Now we have to accept the consequences, we're in a very tough position.

    Give me reasons why drafting a QB now would be a bad idea?


    He's a human being. Getting paid millions of dollars will not lessen the pain he felt yesterday. That stunned look on his face was just hard to watch. I don't understand your "Are you a fan of the player or team?" comment and find it kind of unnecessary especially considering the fact that I have criticized his picks in the past. After seeing the pained look on his face, I felt no need to dump on him.... it's like kicking someone when they're already down. He gets a ton of criticism and hardly any praise, so you don't have to worry about that.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    1500
    the "are you a fan of the player or team" was rhetorical. Sure he felt down, sure he was sad, but come on now. No one was making it personal, but it comes with the territory. you can't desire to be the front man of the Cowboys and get all the praise yet escape the blame on the other end.

    How is putting the blame on him, and many people wanting him gone kicking him when he's down. Is it because people didn't give enough time from the loss to when they started voicing their opinions? Is that what you're referring to?

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,196
    vCash
    1500
    Well, questioning if someone is a fan of a team is a bit much... I just mentioned that I felt really bad for him after seeing that look on his face. You can feel bad for a guy as a fellow human being even if you feel they screwed up. It's a sport. These guys aren't robots. We all know he's a flawed quarterback. The guy is already getting flack from all sides about being a choker... something he might never live down. I said I didn't feel like piling on as in referring to myself not anyone else.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    1500
    it's a rhetorical question based on the emphasis of Tony Romo being a great quarterback, never doing wrong type of attitude, best man for the job culture that's been going on for the the better part of the last decade.

    No one said anything of the sort in regards to fandom, please don't spin my words.

    What I don't like is the bias of Romo supporters. When Romo does well their the first group of people to throw it up, but when he puts on poor performances their the first to defend and blame everyone else. It's an attitude that's indicative of the culture behind this guy and this sport. This "he's the savior persona" doesn't work. It's what the NFL wants, they changed the game to fit the QB model, and it's purely for profit, not for on-the-field success.

    I've never been a Romo guy for numerous reasons, but when he has a good performance i always give credit where credits due, because i don't want to become blinded with bias based on my dislike and non confidence of this player. I'm a realist as well. I believed the Cowboys should have drafted a QB a while ago to sit a while behind Romo and then trade Romo when his contract was still flexible stock at an all time high, thus yielding an already mentored and taught QB of the future and draft pick considerations.

    What I don't see happen is the Romo supporters offering the same attitude when he performs poorly. Instead i read numerous opinions with no factual evidence and excuse after excuse. Granted people are entitled to their opinion, but let's at least consider all possibilities when discussing what's best for this organization.

    If people have a strong desire to keep Romo then voice it by all means, but also add reasons why and don't feel insulted when someone offers reasons that counter your opinion.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-01-2013 at 08:00 AM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,445
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    There's no excuse to make stupid decisions when you've been a starting quarterback in the NFL for as long as Romo has. You're paid tens of millions of dollars and supposed to be the leader of the team. He made rookie mistakes because he doesn't have the personality and mental fortitude for these types of situations.


    I knew the excuses would fly after a result like this, so far it's been:
    1. Offensive line
    2. Injuries
    3. Broken Ribs
    4. WR's suck
    5. Running game sucks
    6. Bad coaching
    7. Defensive line

    I mean every excuse from the Romo supporters fail to include any negativity on his part. Ironically he even said he's to blame yet the supporters still don't want to accept it. The guy deserves some blame. He decision making destroyed this team.

    You can't say in one breath, he got us here, then after his dismal performance blame everyone else but him. It's a double standard and doesn't help your cause.

    Let's break this down:

    3A. Jack Youngblood and countless others have played injured and had success. Injuries are part of the game, not an excuse.

    4A. What kind of WR's does Seattle and Denver have? Pretty sure the Skins and Seattle were in the bottom 10 in passing yards yet still made the playoffs.

    5A. The rushing game for Indy was non existent at 22nd, falcons at 29th, Cowboys 31.

    6A. Worth noting, but the QB does have the ability to read the defenses and make necessary adjustments. Romo doesn't.

    7A. The Falcons won the division with the 21th ranked defense against the run, Colts with the 29th, Packers 17th, Cowboys 22nd.

    He doesn't deserve all the blame, but deserves a decent amount of it.
    OK, so you make some valid points, but here is where I disagree (I only left in what I was talking about as this is a long post)

    3A: since when did Jack Youngblood get under center? Sure,the position he played is physically demanding as most in the NFL are, but he didn't have to throw the ball at all, let alone effectively; I can't buy the Jack Youngblood point

    4A: the difference between the WR's of other teams and the trash that Dallas threw out there late in the game is that the Dallas WR's did not have 1st team resps; there is a difference; if ANY team lost both of their top two WR's, their back ups are going to look like deer in the headlights when they now have to go up against the other team's #1 and #2 guys instead of guys that only come in on passing plays

    5A: Rushing game; Dallas could have one if Garrett had the mental fortitude to use one; it seemed to me that when Murray was in the game, he got positive yards for the most part; conversely, we could not stop the run and were destroyed in the Washington game against our scrubs

    6A: Agree with your point in principle (that QB's can read a defense); but, when you have multiple people blitzing consistently and an offensive coordinator who didn't do anything to disway that, then it will force you into bad decisions; those are on Romo I would agree, but Garrett had a hand in them

    7A: The falcons won the division, yes; but it was a pitifully poor division - Saints, Panthers, Bucs, all of whom had 7-9 records; ironically, the falcons 3 losses were within their own division


    My opinion is that we lost this last game because Tony did not play well and he had no help from his coaching staff or the football gods; Garrett did nothing to slow the blitzing of the defense by calling other formations and plays; the football gods took away the outside threats on offense; but Tony made BAD decisions in the game (especially the 3rd interception, wow, just wow) - all of these things contributed to the loss in this elimination game; but, if not for Tony in the last half of the season (5 or 6 games prior to week #17), we aren't even sniffing the playoffs

    so, for the Tony bashers who want to see him gone, I would say that there aren't many QB's that you could have plugged in to this offense this season that would have made a difference; Brady? Manning (the good one)? They would have been sacked and beaten up as they are not mobile enough to get out of the way; Brees? perhaps

    The bolded line is pretty much how I feel about Romo

    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post

    Every off season it's the same excuses. The time has run out on the same excuses, defensive line, injuries, rushing game, wide outs, coaches, weather, holding penalties, offensive line, owner, water boy, maintenance department, the grounds keepers, ticket takers, cheerleaders, golf game, nutritionist, team trainer, scouting department, draft picks, free agents, beer man in row S15. I mean year after year it's every excuse except Romo and every excuse except Jones.

    i've pointed out the facts above and in numerous threads, but people still choose to disregard them. Hell even if Romo went out on TV and said "hey i'm not the right guy" people would still believe he is. That's naivety, and that's emotion.

    He's had his chances, but makes careless mistakes that a professional Quarterback with the experience he's had should not be making. His mistakes come from a mindset that should not exist with a leader and or professional "elite" QB. These are rookie mistakes. You can't be making rookie mistakes at 32 years old.

    There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest Tony Romo will succeed and zero evidence that Jerry Jones knows how to build a championship team. There's not 1 reason anyone's suggested that can't be countered with actual proof.

    The time to wake up and realize the constants over the last God knows how many years has been Jones and to a lesser extent Romo. It's time that both are changed.

    We all want this team to win the Super Bowl. It's time to consider options once argued as unrealistic. If people want results you have to change the way things are done because this model has been ineffective.
    Again, you make valid points but then you make comments like the bolded...you may not be right in 100% of your comments...not trying to argue, just saying to not lump everyone into one bucket...the rest of this post is pretty much spot on (especially the Jones portions)

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    1500
    @Fred

    1. The Jack Youngblood comment stemmed from the excuse that Romo played with a broken rib. It's a minor example of a mindset that's dead set on "Romo is never to blame or last to blame". Over the years the majority of Romo supporters have resembled that of the Marino supporters. They always an excuse on why Romo couldn't get it done and every excuse seemed to reflect something Romo could not control. The Youngblood example was just one of many players who have played the game of football injured and still gone on to have productive and successful games, seasons, and careers. Thus an injury should not be an excuse.

    2. I'm not arguing that this team was perfect in the wide receiver department or any department for that matter, but it's a moot point to use a banged up receiver core when Dallas was 3rd in passing yards. Many other teams that were far worse in the passing department got it done. Thus we can't use the banged up WR excuse as a valid reason on why we couldn't get it done.

    3. We definitely need a running game, but let's not use that as an excuse either. i've heard that one with the Marino supporters over the years too. Granted Dallas had the 2nd worst rushing game, but Mr. Romo does have the ability to change the play when he needs to, but doesn't. Atlanta was 29th in the rush and they won their division. Even When Dallas has had better rushing teams they still didn't get it done, so using the rushing game as the excuse can't be validated.

    4. Fred my friend i will politely disagree with 6A and here's why:
    The opposing team will stop blitzing all the time if you make them pay. You make them pay by the multitude of ways i described. It's done all the time by numerous teams with far better quarterbacks. The QB is able to pick up on the blitz. Watching the last pick there were 6-7 men in the block, and the secondary was in zone formation. Not to mention he threw off his back foot. These are mistakes that a rookie should be making, not a veteran.

    5. Yes the NFC South wasn't that great of a division, but the NFC East had a combined 31 wins while the South had a combined 34. Our division was nothing to be scared about either, but still couldn't get it done.

    I understand your dislike for Garrett, we share the same feeling, but the comparisons to Brady and Manning being sacked i feel is incorrect. Again it's blame on the offensive line and or coaching.

    Brady and Manning plus many others know how to read defenses and make adjustments. Their trusted to do so. Romo is not. They would have picked apart the Redskins. In 2009 Ben was sacked 46 times (2nd most) and they won the super bowl. 2012 Rogers was sacked the most with 51 times, 9th in passing, 20th in rushing, and middle of the road defense, but still get's it done.

    Romo is 1/6 in win or go home games.

    Granted maybe the last bold statement did group everyone into one category, that wasn't my intent. But the point is this team is out of excuses and we all want the same thing. So why not consider every option instead of closing our minds to Romo not being a problem? You know I'm not a Romo supporter, but you also know that i give credit to Romo when he does play well. The opposite isn't true with the die hard supporters who i was referencing.

    My problems in this order each with an equal share of overall blame of this team over the last decade:
    1. Jerry Jones 33.3%
    2. Coaching Staff 33.3%
    3. Tony Romo 33.3%

    I'm sure that when i voice my opinion about Romo some people may get the assumption that i just hate the guy that's the furthest thing from the truth. It pains me to watch this team, and all i want is team success built on solid football minds and players with good character. I don't care who the players are as long as they fit this criteria. I support the history, legacy, and city, not necessarily an individual player, coach, or owner.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,445
    vCash
    1500
    @don

    1. I heard your point, but once I saw it more than once, I had to chime in...I loved watching Jack youngblood play and he was in a different era of football...I don't think pain is an issue for Romo or an excuse; I believe he feels the same way

    2. I was trying to say that romo had no other options at WR once Dez & Miles went down; Tree as your #1 when he was just pushed out of the #3 (and #4) by rookies? That doesn't bode well for a struggling QB

    3. Agreed 100% on the need for a running game. If there was even a hint of a threat of a running game, the opposing defense wouldn't be able to wreak havoc against us

    4. Again, I agree wholeheartedly. Romo needs to do better at the line and make better decisions. But, I would say that the defense was more in Red's head than Romo's. Garrett should have done something, anything to help his QB. When he didn't, Romo had no answer. Two wrongs don't make a right.

    5. Agreed that the NFCS is bad like the NFCE; but I would take the 4 from the east over the 4 from the south, any day (for this season); Atlanta does not impress me despite their record.


    Last, as far as the percentages, I really want to adjust them from my perspective and am having a difficult time moving them around...perhaps 40% JJ, and coaching and 20% on Romo (if he had an OL and still couldn't win, I likely give a heavier weight to Romo, moe like 50%)

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Agree and Disagree and here's why:

    1. Agree with the first paragraph

    2. Replacing a good starting QB with another good starting QB out of the gate is the problem with this culture. You have to develop a good QB which takes proper scouting, proper management, and proper coaching. It's not an overnight process.

    3. Hoping is not part of the game of football.

    4. This offensive line debate is mute at best. There are a ton of ways to beat a blitz. I just posted this in another thread. Hot reads, audbiles, screens, shovels, and draws to name a few. None of which happened last night. "good QB's" see this happening and adjust.

    5. Team is undisciplined, agreed, but this stems from 2 issues. First being the players you draft and second being the people leading the team from coaches to captains.

    6. we need to adjust all the time.

    7. Agree with the last paragraph, but that won't fix these problems.

    Here's my solutions:

    1. Jones backs off and hires a coach like Gruden, Holmgren, Cowher, Sean P, Dungy, football minded coaches with the flexibility to build, run, and manage the team as they see fit.

    2. Get rid of Romo one way or another, hopefully yield something in return if possible.

    3. Remove expensive contracts for under performing and aging players.

    4. Rebuild through the draft and free agency over the next 3 seasons.
    Well, I can't disagree with your opinions, it's just that, opinion but maybe with an oc this season calling the plays we take some responsibility off of Garrett and Let's him manage the game better.

    I am not a Romo fan for the simple fact, he's made bad desicions his entire career, I get a little tired of supporting him for his abilities to extend plays and doing the things he does good, when in reality Parcells saw this in Romo from day 1. He doesn't make good decisions when necessary in key moments.

    I think we're all tired of the high price contracts to players who don't perform up to the billing. ( Free, Austin etc...

    I totally agree with rebuilding through the draft and free agency, but we fail to make smart choices more often then not.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    349
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    You know we're buds on here and i respect your opinions, but i hope you open your mind a little.

    Article after article, analyst after analyst, person after person is fed up with Romo. It's no longer a minority opinion.

    Losing a game is one thing, but being the reason why you lose consistently in must win scenarios is a different thing all together. Why is it so hard to comprehend that an undrafted QB doesn't have the mental aptitude needed to win in scenarios like this? It's not a hard concept to understand.

    1. He's had 3 coaches so we can't blame the coaches
    2. He's had all pro offensive lineman
    3. He's had good defenses
    4. He's had excellent weapons to use
    5. He's had chance after chance, when do you say enough is enough?

    Every off season it's the same excuses. The time has run out on the same excuses, defensive line, injuries, rushing game, wide outs, coaches, weather, holding penalties, offensive line, owner, water boy, maintenance department, the grounds keepers, ticket takers, cheerleaders, golf game, nutritionist, team trainer, scouting department, draft picks, free agents, beer man in row S15. I mean year after year it's every excuse except Romo and every excuse except Jones.

    i've pointed out the facts above and in numerous threads, but people still choose to disregard them. Hell even if Romo went out on TV and said "hey i'm not the right guy" people would still believe he is. That's naivety, and that's emotion. It's more of a desire to want him than any sound logic. He's a nice guy, easy to like and people, un-drafted and people want him to be a success, but this desire is for 1 man not for the team. People have lost sight of the goal by having an infatuation with one man (not accusing you).

    He's had his chances, but makes careless mistakes that a professional Quarterback with the experience he's had should not be making. His mistakes come from a mindset that should not exist with a leader and or professional "elite" QB. These are rookie mistakes. You can't be making rookie mistakes at 32 years old.

    There is absolutely zero evidence to suggest Tony Romo will succeed and zero evidence that Jerry Jones knows how to build a championship team. There's not 1 reason anyone's suggested that can't be countered with actual proof.

    The time to wake up and realize the constants over the last God knows how many years has been Jones and to a lesser extent Romo. It's time that both are changed.

    We all want this team to win the Super Bowl. It's time to consider options once argued as unrealistic. If people want results you have to change the way things are done because this model has been ineffective.

    Amen Brother! Well said and I totally agree...

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    808
    vCash
    1500
    Romo had a bad game and was a big part of why we lost against the Redskins. But he was also one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league for the past 6 or 7 weeks. Let's be objective: He is good enough to win it all provided the team is. I still think this team has holes to fill more urgent than QB. My bottom line: There have been well constructed Superbowl teams with QB's both far less talented than Romo and less accomplished. 22 guys play this ultimate team sport. I will say Romo cant get it done if he retires with no championship much like i used to tell all of my friends that said Dirk was a great regular season scorer but didnt have "what it takes" to win it all. We shall see...

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,171
    vCash
    1500
    I guess RG3 winning a big game is now clutch. He only completed 9 bloody passes for 100 yards but he is now 1 and 0 in big games! lol The fact that the skins ran for about 270 and Morris alone got 200 means nothing. Only QBs win and loses games.

    Just a little history lesson

    Wasn't John Elway the biggest choker? Didn't he lose his first 3 superbowls? Then when he was old and less effective and he won. You know why? They finally got a defence and a running game. Terrell Davis ran for 2000 yards and now Elway is perceived as clutch.

    Steve Young lost 3 NFC championships games and was perceived to be a guy who couldn't win the big game. Now he is a champion and a all time great.

    Peyton Manning lost how many playoff games before he won his first? Look it up. They said he was a regular season winner and not a playoff performer and would never beat the patriots.

    How many years did Brett Favre mess up before he won a Super Bowl? It wasn't until they added guys like Ahman Green and Reggy White that he finally broke through.

    The list goes on and on...

    The point is most of the greatest QBS in history were considered chokers at some point in their careers. Only a very small minority like Brady and Aikman for example had so much success early on.

    With 3 minutes left in the game and the cowboys down three I really wish we would of been healthy. With Dez, austin,Harris, Beasly all out Romo felt he couldn't take the sack so he panicked and forced a throw to the sidelines.

    Even if the cowboys had won the game we probably would of lost next week with all the injuries. No matter how well Romo would of played he was destined to lose and be labeled a choker by the haters. This cowboy team with all the injuries were not going to win the Super Bowl.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,117
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    @Fred

    4. Fred my friend i will politely disagree with 6A and here's why:
    The opposing team will stop blitzing all the time if you make them pay. You make them pay by the multitude of ways i described. It's done all the time by numerous teams with far better quarterbacks. The QB is able to pick up on the blitz. Watching the last pick there were 6-7 men in the block, and the secondary was in zone formation. Not to mention he threw off his back foot. These are mistakes that a rookie should be making, not a veteran.
    Look at the 3rd interception: the blitzers were in Romo's face so fast nobody had time to get separation from the defenders. He tried to make them pay by dumping it off and he failed. It was a bad decision and a horrible throw. He should have thrown it away. Just like every other time when the blitzers were in his face almost at the same time the ball was snapped. Had Romo tried to force more throws trying to beat the blitz he would just have thrown even more interceptions. NOBODY could have completed that pass. The smart thing would have been to throw the ball away, but don't tell me that Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton or whoever would have made the defense pay there, because there was no chance to do so. In order to complete a pass you HAVE TO have an open receiver, simple as that, and a receiver doesn't get open in 0,3 secs.
    That is exactly why I think Jason Garrett ****ed up just as much as Romo - a smart coach would have adjusted his gameplan trying to help his QB beat the blitz. He didn't, Romo tried to force a throw and here we are in the off-season.
    Again, not trying to defend Romo - as I said it was a horrible decision and a horrible throw. Just saying Garrett should have tried to help his QB out!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •