Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 223
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,732
    vCash
    1500
    You could tell this really affects him which as a human makes me feel for the guy. He's a good person. I wonder what he'll do this offseason to take his frustration out. Hopefully he just tries to get better.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    hasn't every game the last month been big? hasn't romo been on fire even when we have lost (except for today where he sucked)?
    Games didn't really mean much til last week and this week. He messed up in both games that had meaning. He played well to great in some of the other games sure, but as soon as the games meant something he did what he always does(the Saints game had meaning at the time since we didn't know NY was going to lose).

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,732
    vCash
    1500
    I could see if he had run ins with the law or was a douche when being interview it would be like ok this guy chokes and is an ***, **** him, but I mean I honestly feel for him even if he makes millions.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,748
    vCash
    1500
    Now, of course, it's a team game and there is a fault at every level (could Ware have rushed from the alternate side?) but everyone knows that the blame and accolades go with the QB and that is why Romo will get a lot of the brunt in addition to his own mistakes.

    Anyway, it makes me wonder if the magnitude really gets to him because the record in "do-or-die" games is pretty evident. Don't forget that the Boys have been playing better as of late but you hate to have that "one bad play" at that "one time" when the whole nation is watching because that's all they see and they base their opinions off of that. Romo could have been looking like Aikman with a 5-0 record lately but on the main stage he seems to have this type of game and everyone is like "this dude sucks".

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Very true on the state of hate.

    Marino was horrendous in the post season, he would deserve any blame that would come his way.



    1. when and where did YOU say it? - in a different thread. You can't expect people in this thread to know what you said in another. I'm just being fair, don't get upset

    2. You made this thread in defense of Romo and criticized those that aren't in favor of Romo. You choose to make a Tony Romo hater thread where you said

    "there you go people.. hate all you want - clearly romo is responsible for every single loss in the history of the dallas cowboys.. i bet he is responsible for every single killing and bad thing that has ever happened as well"

    You don't think that's exaggerating? Don't you think you're trying to defend Romo?

    Why couldn't you just say that Romo deserves some of the blame, but not all of it. I'm sure if you asked 10 people in this thread or forum they'd agree that Romo isn't solely to blame. However just because he's not the only one to blame doesn't mean people aren't tired of defending him and want a change.
    1. fair enough - as i said i am not perfect!

    2. yes i do think it is over-exaggerating and sarcastic. sense it, it was in an angry moment and was meant as an objection to the people who said romo is the whole problem (which i just quoted before)
    fair enough that people are tired of him, but what do you expect? no matter what you say he is a top 10 qb in this league and with the right team and coaching that is good enough to win. you don't just go out and find an elite qb.. look at 10-15 other teams in this league how hard it has been for them to find even a good qb. people should appreciate what they have instead of expecting too much..

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    Games didn't really mean much til last week and this week. He messed up in both games that had meaning. He played well to great in some of the other games sure, but as soon as the games meant something he did what he always does(the Saints game had meaning at the time since we didn't know NY was going to lose).
    are you seriously blaming romo for last week? the guy played an amazing game!! and hadn't it been for him playing so well the last month or so we never would have had the chance to get to the playoffs.. (and yes, the rest of the team deserve credit for the last month as well)

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,851
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Can you provide the list of QBs we have passed over at our draft choice that are clearly better than Romo??
    That's an unfair reasoning for a multitude of reasons:

    1. Who's to say the position of our drafting order if we didn't have Romo and or the success he may have contributed?

    2. Hindsight

    3. Who's to say an Aaron Rogers or a Matt Cassel and or Schaub would have had success in the cowboys organization?

    4. We could have traded up if need be

    I can go on. It's not a sound argument to use. Granted Romo has helped this team, no one is denying that, but many people believe he's not the guy needed.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    You could tell this really affects him which as a human makes me feel for the guy. He's a good person. I wonder what he'll do this offseason to take his frustration out. Hopefully he just tries to get better.
    He will probably play a lot of golf and bang his hot wife. You know stick to what he's good at which may be good for the Cowboys as his confidence might start to come back. Hopefully he gets together with Dez Witten and Harris in the offseason.

    One person I left out, big ******* you to miles Austin. Dropstin needs to GTFO. Trade him for a third or fourth if possible and let it go. His contract is trade friendly too. Legit he needs to GTFO.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Da New Pack View Post
    Now, of course, it's a team game and there is a fault at every level (could Ware have rushed from the alternate side?) but everyone knows that the blame and accolades go with the QB and that is why Romo will get a lot of the brunt in addition to his own mistakes.

    Anyway, it makes me wonder if the magnitude really gets to him because the record in "do-or-die" games is pretty evident. Don't forget that the Boys have been playing better as of late but you hate to have that "one bad play" at that "one time" when the whole nation is watching because that's all they see and they base their opinions off of that. Romo could have been looking like Aikman with a 5-0 record lately but on the main stage he seems to have this type of game and everyone is like "this dude sucks".
    i sometimes think the same thing.. and yes, you are right about the qb being the first one to get blamed. that is part of the game, i just don't think it is fair that he is the ONLY one to get blame..

    that being said, i truly believe romo will come back on fire next year and shut some of the haters up

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    are you seriously blaming romo for last week? the guy played an amazing game!! and hadn't it been for him playing so well the last month or so we never would have had the chance to get to the playoffs.. (and yes, the rest of the team deserve credit for the last month as well)
    Look beyond his stats. If all you can see is stats then Romo is an amazing QB and you are an ignorant, blind fool.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    That's an unfair reasoning for a multitude of reasons:

    1. Who's to say the position of our drafting order if we didn't have Romo and or the success he may have contributed?

    2. Hindsight

    3. Who's to say an Aaron Rogers or a Matt Cassel and or Schaub would have had success in the cowboys organization?

    4. We could have traded up if need be

    I can go on. It's not a sound argument to use. Granted Romo has helped this team, no one is denying that, but many people believe he's not the guy needed.
    I am not sure who's point you are trying to back up?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    Look beyond his stats. If all you can see is stats then Romo is an amazing QB and you are an ignorant, blind fool.
    why do people keep saying stats? i haven't mentioned stats one single time (i am sure i have somewhere and now someone will quote it and use it against me ) i honestly think tony did more than enough to win this game. but he can't do it alone. his teammates have to contribute as well

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Blame the defense at least half our starters was hurt. What is romo excuse for the last 9yrs??? Just face the facts i was all on the romo train until 3yrs ago & tonite he proved exactly why i stopped believing in this dude. He's a good regular season qb but that's it.

    Exactly! No one says its all his fault but he definitely is a big part of the blame! 7 year starter, 1 playoff victory!!! Numbers dont lie!!!

    Like someone else said on here, If we would have won he would have received credit, but its only fair since we lost, he receives alot of the blame!! Especially with 3INTs!!!

    He may own Cowboy all time passing records but he clearly is no where near as clutch as Troy Aikman and Roger Starbach were!!!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gocoachmike View Post
    Exactly! No one says its all his fault but he definitely is a big part of the blame! 7 year starter, 1 playoff victory!!! Numbers dont lie!!!

    Like someone else said on here, If we would have won he would have received credit, but its only fair since we lost, he receives alot of the blame!! Especially with 3INTs!!!

    He may own Cowboy all time passing records but he clearly is no where near as clutch as Troy Aikman and Roger Starbach were!!!
    Yes Aikman was very clutch from 92 through 96.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    why do people keep saying stats? i haven't mentioned stats one single time (i am sure i have somewhere and now someone will quote it and use it against me ) i honestly think tony did more than enough to win this game. but he can't do it alone. his teammates have to contribute as well
    I suppose you are just blind to his untimely mistakes then...might be selective memory or something? I dunno. I am not going to argue more though. Two games that mean something and he doesn't play very well and certainly makes untimely mistakes as he has throughout his history as a starter in the NFL. Choose not to see it if you like but that is on you. Good luck with all that.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •