Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 223
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    TheDon...you also forgot #7...WRs getting no separation. Romo had a bad game. But on the plays where he threw it, it seemed like no one had more than a yard on their man.
    That's fine, your right, I'll agree with that. My entire point is no one can point the finger at 1 area and say "well if we didn't have this problem we would have won".

    The problems with this organization run deep. Many people are to blame, many people are overrated, many people aren't the right guys for the job. Not to mention the Redskins are clearly a better team.

    It's a shame that many potential future hall of fame candidates have wasted their careers in the blindness of Jerry Jones (Ware & Witten) to name a couple.

    Our problems are deep, but they start at the top and the fans have 0 right to complain when they keep buying the product Jerry is selling.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,474
    vCash
    1500
    Yep. I was really surprised to see that final shot of Nate Livings burying his head on the bench. Seems like he took the loss really hard. Really made me like the guy who actually was pretty solid all year. Nice FA signing. Another 1 or 2 moves to improve our O line and solidify that D line, and get our defense healthy for next year, is exciting. 8months away but it'll go fast.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the hypocrisy is amazing here.

    You want to claim that some fans blame Romo for "every sing loss in the history of the Cowboys", then completely ignore that he had any part in any loss since he's been here.

    How ignorant.
    Did i ever say romo has no fault???
    All i am saying is football is a TEAM SPORT, romo doesn't win games on his own just like he doesn't lose games on his own! Yes he was bad today, i said that already. But so was everybody else (coaches, players, EVERYBODY) yet romo is the only one getting blame and i am sick of it. If you want one single person to blame every time your favourite doesn't win i suggest you start watching tennis or golf!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    See i don't have faith that a few moves and a healthy team put us over the hump.

    People have to ask themselves "Why are teams, and players like the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Peyton Manning consistently having post season chances? When the season starts you almost expect them to somehow be involved in the postseason, but the complete opposite with the Cowboys.

    What is the difference? Why can they do it over the course of a decade, but the Cowboys can't?

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    See i don't have faith that a few moves and a healthy team put us over the hump.

    People have to ask themselves "Why are teams, and players like the Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Peyton Manning consistently having post season chances? When the season starts you almost expect them to somehow be involved in the postseason, but the complete opposite with the Cowboys.

    What is the difference? Why can they do it over the course of a decade, but the Cowboys can't?
    The GM.... is the common denominator for the past 17 years.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    i read a lot if your posts in the game thread, no one blamed romo for everything, i think your highly exaggerating.
    You may be right - i am not perfect ;-)
    I am just tired of people always blaming romo for everything. It is getting really old!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Did i ever say romo has no fault???
    All i am saying is football is a TEAM SPORT, romo doesn't win games on his own just like he doesn't lose games on his own! Yes he was bad today, i said that already. But so was everybody else (coaches, players, EVERYBODY) yet romo is the only one getting blame and i am sick of it. If you want one single person to blame every time your favourite doesn't win i suggest you start watching tennis or golf!
    Here's an idea...take your own advice.

    Most of us were complaining that Romo was terrible and pointing out that he's had his chances. Most of us also agreed that there were other issues that contributed to this season.

    SO OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND READ. Romo is not the only person getting blame and when you open up your eyes, you'll see it.

    You see, Romo has had more years of opportunity than the Jason Garrett's, defense, etc. that you keep wanting to shift blame to. Yeah, the line needs to get better. Yeah, the coaching staff needs to stop playing not to lose. AND YEAH, TONY ****ING ROMO NEEDS TO STEP THE **** UP IN BIG GAMES...and he doesn't...and he hasn't.

    So, while we're fixing ALL the problems with this team, we need to start with the ones that have been here for the longest time...and since we can't get rid of Jerry Jones, Romo should be the first to go.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,474
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe we're just cursed? IDK. IDT we were good this year lol to be honest. I mean think about our wins. We had 1...ONE....1!!!!!!!!!!! damn win by more than 1 possession ALL year. It was @ PHI and a garbage TD on that strip sack of Foles. Can any other team said that? KC, JAX, 2 win teams. Probably one of their wins were by 8+ points. We were 8-8 and had 1 win by more than a TD. Thats pretty ridic. We were a few plays away from being 10-6 but also a few plays away from being 4-12. We suck.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Did i ever say romo has no fault???
    All i am saying is football is a TEAM SPORT, romo doesn't win games on his own just like he doesn't lose games on his own! Yes he was bad today, i said that already. But so was everybody else (coaches, players, EVERYBODY) yet romo is the only one getting blame and i am sick of it. If you want one single person to blame every time your favourite doesn't win i suggest you start watching tennis or golf!
    Here's what you said in this thread:

    there you go people.. hate all you want - clearly romo is responsible for every single loss in the history of the dallas cowboys.. i bet he is responsible for every single killing and bad thing that has ever happened as well
    Sarcasim? - Yes
    Defense of Romo? - Yes
    Exaggeration? - Yes
    Based this thread off your posts in a different thread? - Yes

    Mentioning of Romo being at fault? - No

    Add all that together and you're clearly illustrating that Romo isn't to blame. You didn't offer any sort of equality in this thread, just a thread to embarrass those that believe Romo deserves blame. That's just honesty.

    1. No one has said Romo is the only problem with this organization and the removal of Romo would solve these problems. This is where you've exaggerated, hence one of the reasons why you created this thread.

    2. Romo is a problem, but 1 problem of many problems.

    3. Anyone who truly believes that there's only 1 problem to be solved and that would equate to success is naive.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    You may be right - i am not perfect ;-)
    I am just tired of people always blaming romo for everything. It is getting really old!
    And there you go again...over exaggerating.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    The GM.... is the common denominator for the past 17 years.
    Very true!

    And when it comes to business, regardless of the industry, whether it be the food industry or professional sports. The guy at the top is the one who's responsible for the outcome. It's his job to create success by putting the right pieces in place.

    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    You may be right - i am not perfect ;-)
    I am just tired of people always blaming romo for everything. It is getting really old!
    I can understand your feelings and I agree that Romo is not the only one to blame.

    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Here's an idea...take your own advice.

    Most of us were complaining that Romo was terrible and pointing out that he's had his chances. Most of us also agreed that there were other issues that contributed to this season.

    SO OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND READ. Romo is not the only person getting blame and when you open up your eyes, you'll see it.

    You see, Romo has had more years of opportunity than the Jason Garrett's, defense, etc. that you keep wanting to shift blame to. Yeah, the line needs to get better. Yeah, the coaching staff needs to stop playing not to lose. AND YEAH, TONY ****ING ROMO NEEDS TO STEP THE **** UP IN BIG GAMES...and he doesn't...and he hasn't.

    So, while we're fixing ALL the problems with this team, we need to start with the ones that have been here for the longest time...and since we can't get rid of Jerry Jones, Romo should be the first to go.
    IMO you both have points.

    1. Tired of Romo getting all the blame
    2. Tired of Romo not getting enough blame

    There's a healthy balance where he if he deserves credit for wins he also deserves blame for the losses. IMO the Tony Romo experiment should come to an end and we should be looking to the future. This has nothing to do with this loss as I've never been an advocate of Romo.

    It's normal after a loss like this where the wounds are still fresh that many people will be speaking out of emotion and perception will be clouded with all sorts of negatives.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 12:28 AM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    611
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    That's fine, your right, I'll agree with that. My entire point is no one can point the finger at 1 area and say "well if we didn't have this problem we would have won".

    The problems with this organization run deep. Many people are to blame, many people are overrated, many people aren't the right guys for the job. Not to mention the Redskins are clearly a better team.

    It's a shame that many potential future hall of fame candidates have wasted their careers in the blindness of Jerry Jones (Ware & Witten) to name a couple.

    Our problems are deep, but they start at the top and the fans have 0 right to complain when they keep buying the product Jerry is selling.

    I don't get it. I CONSTANTLY hear about how bad Jerry is for the organization, but don't personally see many tangible things that he does wrong.

    I don't prefer his hiring of jason garret, but i can't really fully knock garret this year due to injuries.

    I DO hold it against jerry that jimmy johnson left, but that was a long time ago.

    In a different world, Romo may have never mishandled the fg snap against seattle, crayton may have never dropped multiple perfect passes in 2007, yada-yada-yada...

    This Romo-era team has been fairly well run, imho. They've had some crappy luck, occasional uninspired play, and just flat-out missed opportunities.

    I live in Boston, and clearly the Patriots are run pretty well. Do you think the difference between Kraft and Jones is Kraft's willingness to delegate power? is that ALL IT TAKES?

    Jerry's not perfect, but i'll take him over AT LEAST 20 other nfl owners.

    If you choose to respond, if you could be specific about Jerry's detrimental actions, it would be appreciated.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Very true!

    And when it comes to business, regardless of the industry, whether it be the food industry or professional sports. The guy at the top is the one who's responsible for the outcome. It's his job to create success by putting the right pieces in place.



    I can understand your feelings and I agree that Romo is not the only one to blame.



    IMO you both have points.

    1. Tired of Romo getting all the blame
    2. Tired of Romo not getting enough blame

    There's a healthy balance where he if he deserves credit for wins he also deserves blame for the losses. IMO the Tony Romo experiment should come to an end and we should be looking to the future.
    If and when Tony Romo wins some big games, I'll give him credit. And again...Tony Romo isn't getting ALL the blame.

    Totally agree with your last statement by the way. I think it's time to start looking towards the future in a lot of regards to this team.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Here's an idea...take your own advice.

    Most of us were complaining that Romo was terrible and pointing out that he's had his chances. Most of us also agreed that there were other issues that contributed to this season.

    SO OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND READ. Romo is not the only person getting blame and when you open up your eyes, you'll see it.

    You see, Romo has had more years of opportunity than the Jason Garrett's, defense, etc. that you keep wanting to shift blame to. Yeah, the line needs to get better. Yeah, the coaching staff needs to stop playing not to lose. AND YEAH, TONY ****ING ROMO NEEDS TO STEP THE **** UP IN BIG GAMES...and he doesn't...and he hasn't.

    So, while we're fixing ALL the problems with this team, we need to start with the ones that have been here for the longest time...and since we can't get rid of Jerry Jones, Romo should be the first to go.
    You are absolutely right. Romo needs to go. Week 1 next year we just start Rodgers.. Who cares if he has a contract somewhere else....
    No, tony is not "elite". But neither are big ben and eli. Yet they win super bowls? Didn't you see ben throw interceptions the last few weeks when his team needed him to step up? Haven't you ever seen eli do that? You can't expect to have an elite qb who can win alone, and you don't have to - but then you need other people to step up. What did ware do today just to name one? He is supposed to be our superstar, yet he was fooled over and over again by a rookie (not blaming him, just saying he wasn't any better than tony today)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    611
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Very true!

    And when it comes to business, regardless of the industry, whether it be the food industry or professional sports. The guy at the top is the one who's responsible for the outcome. It's his job to create success by putting the right pieces in place.



    I can understand your feelings and I agree that Romo is not the only one to blame.



    IMO you both have points.

    1. Tired of Romo getting all the blame
    2. Tired of Romo not getting enough blame

    There's a healthy balance where he if he deserves credit for wins he also deserves blame for the losses. IMO the Tony Romo experiment should come to an end and we should be looking to the future. This has nothing to do with this loss as I've never been an advocate of Romo.

    It's normal after a loss like this where the wounds are still fresh that many people will be speaking out of emotion and perception will be clouded with all sorts of negatives.
    i think there are scores of non-cowboys fans that can give Romo blame, but not credit when he performs well.

    Perhaps cowboys fans are the most honest when it comes to Romo, which is just bizarre.

    I think Romo gets knocked for dating britney spears, or miley cyrus, or whichever disney tart he is married to now. Its also partly that he's the qb of America's Team, held to the Aikman/Staubach standard. Any chance to tear him down a notch, people will utilize.

    i ONLY hear nasty things about Romo from fans of other teams.

    If i was an alien from another planet, and talked to an average football fan, i'd probably think Tony Romo and Rex Grossman were the same exact person.
    Last edited by bradyoverrated; 12-31-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •