Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was it not Jack Youngblood who played in the playoffs, Super Bowl, and pro Bowl with a broken leg?

Witten with his spleen.
    Don Meridith and his puntured lung, broken rib and pneumonia
    John Runyan
    Dobler
    Deacon Jones
    Jim Marshall had a shotgun wound
    Ronnie Lott had his pinkie amputated among many other injuries
    Emmitt
    McNair
    Lawrence Taylor
    Ray Lewis
    Unitas
    Favre
    Butkus

I mean the list goes on and on and most of these players played more physical positions than QB. Playing injured isn't something new to the sport when the sport is a violent one.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    I'm not overly impressed because he played with a broken rib, look at Dez and many others throughout the NFL

"

vCash
    Lets's face it guys, you live by the sword you die by the sword. Romo has never been extremely consistant. He's always had the penchant for poor decisions on the field.

The point of the matter is Who's out there? Romo is going to be our qb for several more seasons. We have to hope our o-line gets better and gives him more time and we do a better job of picking up blitzes.

we need to do a better job of preparing this team, very undiscipline team.

We need to adjust better at half and we need someone to run the offense other then Garret.

We also need to generate a better pass rush. Our d-line is poor just like our o-line. Free-agency and the draft are ahead of us. Maybe this year we won't shop at the dollar store.

vCash
    Agree and Disagree and here's why:

1. Agree with the first paragraph

2. Replacing a good starting QB with another good starting QB out of the gate is the problem with this culture. You have to develop a good QB which takes proper scouting, proper management, and proper coaching. It's not an overnight process.

3. Hoping is not part of the game of football.

4. This offensive line debate is mute at best. There are a ton of ways to beat a blitz. I just posted this in another thread. Hot reads, audbiles, screens, shovels, and draws to name a few. None of which happened last night. "good QB's" see this happening and adjust.

5. Team is undisciplined, agreed, but this stems from 2 issues. First being the players you draft and second being the people leading the team from coaches to captains.

6. we need to adjust all the time.

7. Agree with the last paragraph, but that won't fix these problems.

Here's my solutions:

1. Jones backs off and hires a coach like Gruden, Holmgren, Cowher, Sean P, Dungy, football minded coaches with the flexibility to build, run, and manage the team as they see fit.

2. Get rid of Romo one way or another, hopefully yield something in return if possible.

3. Remove expensive contracts for under performing and aging players.

4. Rebuild through the draft and free agency over the next 3 seasons.

"

vCash
    Who are some good young QBs in college that Dallas could possibly look at in the next 2-3 years? It will soon be time to draft a QB and have him sit under Romo for a year or two because he's not getting any younger. I know Manziel had a great year but I just don't think his game translates to the NFL.

vCash
    im all for starting from scratch.

I am a Romo fan but this team is not set for him. I could see him do really well in chicago for example.

this team has never really had a proper rebuild time.
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Romo may have a better chance outside of the spotlight in a smaller market team without the extreme pressure.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way. Just really bad for him. A person can only take so much criticism. It cannot feel good for people to call you a choker when all you do is give your all. The speed of the game is so fast and it's not like the opponents do not have smart football minds looking for every way to exploit your weaknesses and trick you. I like Tony Romo as a person....so I hope he bounces back. Yes, he should get some flak...but I do think that the media goes to extremes.

Yeah let him bounce back some where else!!! I think parting ways is the best thing for him and the Cowboys!

vCash
    I agree Romo would better off somewhere else like buffalo... it's time to part ways there's an article on Nfl.com by gil brandt that says we should part ways.. I know we won't be good for a while but we're better off we need rebuild the oline and dline

vCash
    Get better this offseason, boys. I still believe in Romo. He just has to get his head out of his *** in big games.he was on fire the past 8 games and had a bad one at the wrong time once again! Quite frankly, though, the Skins flat out beat him and the whole Offense. That Hall stepped up and shut down Bryant, and #9 had pressure all night. When you have pressure in your face and broken ribs, you make stupid decisions. Honestly, what choice do I have but to believe in Romo? Only three QB's in this league (maybe 4 or 5?) could have stepped in his place and won last night the way Wash played, and none of them are going to ever be availabe to us. Just gotta get more talent on the team and pray to stay healthy by lee and carter would have made a huge difference in this game, next time Morris wont run like this against us. Decent season,injuries and a poor start got the best of us, let's do better.

vCash
    Remember Romo prolly would have had another chance for redemption and won us the game if it wasn't for Hatchers dumb penalty!

vCash
    ^I think he'll transition well into the NFL. His style of play is what the future of the NFL will become. He has guts and plays with a lot of poise in the pocket. He won't be eligible for the for another 2 years.

Aside from him I wouldn't mind looking at Tyler Bray who may drop into the 2nd day of this years draft.

vCash
    There's no excuse to make stupid decisions when you've been a starting quarterback in the NFL for as long as Romo has. You're paid tens of millions of dollars and supposed to be the leader of the team. He made rookie mistakes because he doesn't have the personality and mental fortitude for these types of situations.

Rewind to when Bret Favre threw that pass across his body in the playoffs that resulted in an INT. Rookie mistake from a veteran. You're not supposed to make those kind of mistakes.

I knew the excuses would fly after a result like this, so far it's been:
    1. Offensive line
    2. Injuries
    3. Broken Ribs
    4. WR's suck
    5. Running game sucks
    6. Bad coaching
    7. Defensive line

I mean every excuse from the Romo supporters fail to include any negativity on his part. Ironically he even said he's to blame yet the supporters still don't want to accept it. The guy deserves some blame. He decision making destroyed this team.

You can't say in one breath, he got us here, then after his dismal performance blame everyone else but him. It's a double standard and doesn't help your cause.

Let's break this down:
    1A. The Colts, Packers, Bengals, and Bears were sacked more than the Cowboys and 3 made the playoffs.

2A. The Packers won the Super Bowl 2 years ago with a ton of injuries

3A. Jack Youngblood and countless others have played injured and had success. Injuries are part of the game, not an excuse.

4A. What kind of WR's does Seattle and Denver have? Pretty sure the Skins and Seattle were in the bottom 10 in passing yards yet still made the playoffs.

5A. The rushing game for Indy was non existent at 22nd, falcons at 29th, Cowboys 31.

6A. Worth noting, but the QB does have the ability to read the defenses and make necessary adjustments. Romo doesn't.

7A. The Falcons won the division with the 21th ranked defense against the run, Colts with the 29th, Packers 17th, Cowboys 22nd.

Sure the Cowboys could have a more balanced team, but Jerry has built the team around 1 man and the fans have accepted it. Romo wins = great, Romo loses = not his fault.

People who defend Romo are not making a valid case as why to keep him or how he makes this team better. It would be far better imo to give him equal blame regardless of whether or not you want him on the team. He was one of if not the main reason we lost last night and it's sad that some people still refuse to accept this.

He doesn't deserve all the blame, but deserves a decent amount of it.

"

vCash
    ^ Dont forget Favre's INT in OT of the 2007 NFC Champ vs the Giants.

vCash
    oh, wow... looks like you guys started a club... lol...

every game romo won, (over his career, the last 5 or 6 games that were "must win" meant nothing..

this game, that was it... this was the defining game... (unless we won, then it wouldnt have mattered)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast