Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think it's safe to say anyone can produce with good coaching and stability. Look at the pats. They have had the same core group of players for 10+ years, they can call more plays than anyone else and execute them perfectly. We don't have that. Romo, witten, and ware have been here a long time, but we've had 3 different coaches during that span. Romo and witten probably have 50+ plays that they can both execute together, but it takes more than that to win. Romo had a pretty bad game, nobody can deny that, but this teams problems are much deeper than someone playing qb and at the heart of it all lies jerry jones. Now we are exactly where I didn't want to be. Bad enough to miss the playoffs, but good enough to get out of a top 10 pick. This team showed improvement over last year, and I still feel like we have the talent to contend, but if we don't make some major noise next year, then it'll be time to blow it up and start thinking about the future. Anything less than 11 wins and/or a Super Bowl win is not good enough. Tony romo (who I still love and will continue to support) deserves blame, the defense deserves blame (injuries are no excuse) the coaches deserve blame, and jj deserves more blame than anyone because he made this team what it is.

titties

vCash
    how can u not blame Romo.... yes d was awful...but we had a chance to win and he blew it horrible pick...I'm tired of Romo would b good if he had a online good d better coaching better wrs..he had his chances enough is enough of this s@#+!!!!.... yes Romo isn't the only problem as its the organization as a whole but this loss is on Romo he even admitted it

vCash
    Right after that play, I knew the backlash against Romo was going to fly in the media and in the forum. I felt really bad for him. The look on his face.... He looked like he was living a nightmare... I don't know what it's going to take to get this monkey off his back.

I don't know how we can blame the defense.... we got attacked at exactly the areas we knew were going to be attacked. A bunch of practice squad players and guys off the street. I bet a lot of you didn't even know some of the names until two weeks ago. Who the f are these guys? We were lucky to have given up 7 partly into the 3rd quarter. And, with the way the injuries were piling up, it was getting ridiculous. Ware was gimpy...Spencer was gimpy. No Ratliff, Lee, Carter, Church.... that's the entire middle of our defense and the stars on our dline... Now that the optimism is gone...let's be honest how many of us really expected the Cowboys to win a playoff game with the squad thinned out as it is? Watching this game and the Redskins 6 games ago, I kept thinking a guy like Shanahan comes in and completely changes a perennial loser and turns things around. It's really going to take a mastermind to turn things around...and there needs to deeper more fundamental changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    You could tell this really affects him which as a human makes me feel for the guy. He's a good person. I wonder what he'll do this offseason to take his frustration out. Hopefully he just tries to get better.
    Yeah, I felt the same way. Just really bad for him. A person can only take so much criticism. It cannot feel good for people to call you a choker when all you do is give your all. The speed of the game is so fast and it's not like the opponents do not have smart football minds looking for every way to exploit your weaknesses and trick you. I like Tony Romo as a person....so I hope he bounces back. Yes, he should get some flak...but I do think that the media goes to extremes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way. Just really bad for him. A person can only take so much criticism. It cannot feel good for people to call you a choker when all you do is give your all. The speed of the game is so fast and it's not like the opponents do not have smart football minds looking for every way to exploit your weaknesses and trick you. I like Tony Romo as a person....so I hope he bounces back. Yes, he should get some flak...but I do think that the media goes to extremes.
    And if he finally ever won it all he would get equally ridiculous praise and be worshiped as a DFW area legend coupled with Saturday Night Live spot and nationwide advertising.... Goes with the territory man. Perhaps next year he will have a chance to make the big play in the post season and not fumble, throw pick or god forbid drop a slippery ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KiNgJaMeS315 View Post
    how can u not blame Romo.... yes d was awful...but we had a chance to win and he blew it horrible pick...I'm tired of Romo would b good if he had a online good d better coaching better wrs..he had his chances enough is enough of this s@#+!!!!.... yes Romo isn't the only problem as its the organization as a whole but this loss is on Romo he even admitted it
    One person can't lose a team game. You win as a team, you lose as a team.

titties

vCash
    One person can't lose a team game.

titties

vCash
    Vintage romo. Another solid regular season good/great stas and in the most important game of the season he falters like always in every big elimination game hes ever played in thats mental its inside his head it isnt a coincidence anymore hes done this to often.

I hate when people say well tonys first 2 ints didnt mean anything when they cost us points! How does that not mean anything? Then they get mad at garrett for chosing to punt instead of kicking a 52 yard field goal. Those same people give romo a pass for his 2 early ints that costed us points but since the game was 0-0 it didnt mean anything give me a break

Regardless how washington ran the ball on us regardless of the injuries the coaching staff put us in position to win and thats all you can ask for. Players have to make plays at the end of the day and with the ball down 3 with 3 minutes left and 3 timeouts romo makes the play he always does in the biggest game of that season

And throws the big interception. So damn fusterated with romo he teases like no other cause his stats are great but his team is always.500 and when he has a chance to pick up his play and his team in these win or go home games at the very end of the season he chokes the season away.

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Here's an idea...take your own advice.

Most of us were complaining that Romo was terrible and pointing out that he's had his chances. Most of us also agreed that there were other issues that contributed to this season.

SO OPEN UP YOUR EYES AND READ. Romo is not the only person getting blame and when you open up your eyes, you'll see it.

You see, Romo has had more years of opportunity than the Jason Garrett's, defense, etc. that you keep wanting to shift blame to. Yeah, the line needs to get better. Yeah, the coaching staff needs to stop playing not to lose. AND YEAH, TONY ****ING ROMO NEEDS TO STEP THE **** UP IN BIG GAMES...and he doesn't...and he hasn't.

So, while we're fixing ALL the problems with this team, we need to start with the ones that have been here for the longest time...and since we can't get rid of Jerry Jones, Romo should be the first to go.
    Who do you get to replace Romo? Smith? Gabbert? Sanchez? I don't like any of those options.

Do you want to get rid of Romo, promote Orton, draft a QB, and hope you hit it big with him? I don't like this year's class of QBs as much as last year's class. And, Orton isn't the answer either.

With Romo, you have to take the good along with the bad. That's just the way it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Right, we can't know how Romo would have turned out on the Steelers or how Eli could have turned out here. One thing I know for sure though, is that since 2009 when I started following the Cowboys, Romo hasn't had a good HC, he hasn't had a good O-line and he hasn't had a really good defense
    QB's I'd prefer (no particular order):
    1. Rogers, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Ben, Luck, Griffin, Stafford, Eli (even though i don't like him), Ryan, Flacco, Dalton (think this kid's on the rise), Wilson (exciting kid), Bradford.

2. These guys may not have better stats, but you don't need them to win either.

3. Marino is considered one of the best when comparing stats. He was horrendous in the post season. He could never get it done because his stats fell off in big game situations. He was notorious for failing when it counted. Marino falls in the category of Favre and Romo. Great regular season guys, but not that trustworthy when you're trying to go all the way.

4. Many people look at history and see the stats and say a player's one of the greatest and never look deep enough to see some hidden elements about the player that would make you stop and scratch your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    this teams problems are much deeper than someone playing qb and at the heart of it all lies jerry jones.

Now we are exactly where I didn't want to be. Bad enough to miss the playoffs, but good enough to get out of a top 10 pick. This team showed improvement over last year, and I still feel like we have the talent to contend, but if we don't make some major noise next year, then it'll be time to blow it up and start thinking about the future.

Tony romo (who I still love and will continue to support) deserves blame, the defense deserves blame (injuries are no excuse) the coaches deserve blame, and jj deserves more blame than anyone because he made this team what it is.
    Agree across the board!

That's what I want to see: people equally giving Romo some of the blame and realizing he's not the savior of this organization.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Here's what I don't like about this:
    1. He's not a baby, he's a grown man, playing in a big market, getting paid ten's of million's of dollars, wanting the spotlight. The criticism comes with the job.

2. He chokes in big game situations, why shouldn't he get the criticism?

3. Isn't it unfair that he get's the praise for wins, but then we should feel bad when he gets criticized for the losses?

4. He's a player. Are you a fan of the team or the player? Why are people emotionally attached to the player?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    And if he finally ever won it all he would get equally ridiculous praise and be worshiped as a DFW area legend coupled with Saturday Night Live spot and nationwide advertising.... Goes with the territory man. Perhaps next year he will have a chance to make the big play in the post season and not fumble, throw pick or god forbid drop a slippery ball.
    ABSOLUTELY!!

One person can't lose a team game. You win as a team, you lose as a team.
    See the above post because that's what would happen AND, I'd bet there would be at least 5 threads made immediately after this season ended about how great Romo is if the Cowboys won the whole thing.

Well now the rooster has come home to roost.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman View Post
    Who do you get to replace Romo? Smith? Gabbert? Sanchez? I don't like any of those options.

Do you want to get rid of Romo, promote Orton, draft a QB, and hope you hit it big with him? I don't like this year's class of QBs as much as last year's class. And, Orton isn't the answer either.

With Romo, you have to take the good along with the bad. That's just the way it is.
    1. With all due respect you're not a scout nor a coaching staff. You may not like the list of QB's you're looking at, but that doesn't mean professionals do too.

2. We hoped we hit it big with an undrafted Tony Romo so i don't understand what you're talking about. Eventually we're going to hope we hit it big with a replacement. That's what you do

3. We're stuck with Romo, i've believed it was a mistake for years. Now we have to accept the consequences, we're in a very tough position.

Give me reasons why drafting a QB now would be a bad idea?

"

vCash
    One person can't lose a team game.
    yes I understand that but do u honestly think we can win with Romo as a team meaning if we have all the right pieces in place for him... I don't believe so... he can't handle big games... he has done this too much... trust me I want Romo to succeed I feel very bad for him...I just don't see him gettin any better... time is running out.. are you not tired of the late game blunders?

vCash
    I'm with the Don I believe all of those qbs would be better... we don't need a gun Slinger like Romo... I believe as a undrafted fa we expected too much from romo.. right now can't win without him but we can't win with him... we need to get a oline so we can run and get a qb that can handle situations better than romo.. Romo stats say he is top ten but that 1-7 stat and the way he plays in those games don't show that
    Last edited by KiNgJaMeS315; 12-31-2012 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    I'm with the Don I believe all of those qbs would be better... we don't need a gun Slinger like Romo... I believe as a undrafted fa we expected too much from romo.. right now can't win without him but we can't win with him... we need to get a oline so we can run and get a qb that can handle situations better than romo.. Romo stats say he is top ten but that 1-7 stat and the way he plays in those games don't show that
    Your mind set is dead on imo.

Let me expand on this if I may. The state of the NFL disgusts me. They've built the league around money. They know fans are more excited in watching a QB lead a team down the field and win his arm, hell they structured the rules for this. Just 3 years ago i remember hearing analysts talk about this. It's like MLB. Home runs sell tickets, pitching gems and fundamentals don't. Gunslingers sell tickets. Solid running games and strong defenses don't.

Remember the greatest show on turf? The Rams were awesome to watch, so much excitement. I loved Faulk, one of my all time favorites. Remember when the Ravens won the Super Bowl? The game was boring. Fans are so fickle and so superficial that it's hard to sell tickets to games where there's no excitement. Many fans are looking for emotional pick me up and have been taught that it can only occur around the flash.

What does all this mean? Well the fans (most of them) have been coerced and brainwashed into wanting the flash without the substance. It's why so many people are blinded by the numbers. They follow the gunslinger more than the cohesive unit. They demand #1 overall QB's or close to it. They excuse character flaws, embrace mediocrity, and disregard reason or facts.

I'm old school I've been around for a while, I've seen things change. It's gone from conservative balanced games with football minded individuals to liberal flash with wannabes. It's like a drug or a hand out. People have gotten the taste of it, enjoyed it, and won't return to the old ways regardless of whether it's better for them.

Gone are the days where we desire balance. Gone are the days where teams win games.
    Last edited by thedon01; 12-31-2012 at 04:20 PM.

"

vCash
    Turns out he broke a rib during the second quarter. Not making excuses, just saying saying some QBs wouldn't even continue playing.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast