Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 223
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated View Post
    I don't get it. I CONSTANTLY hear about how bad Jerry is for the organization, but don't personally see many tangible things that he does wrong.

    I don't prefer his hiring of jason garret, but i can't really fully knock garret this year due to injuries.

    I DO hold it against jerry that jimmy johnson left, but that was a long time ago.

    In a different world, Romo may have never mishandled the fg snap against seattle, crayton may have never dropped multiple perfect passes in 2007, yada-yada-yada...

    This Romo-era team has been fairly well run, imho. They've had some crappy luck, occasional uninspired play, and just flat-out missed opportunities.

    I live in Boston, and clearly the Patriots are run pretty well. Do you think the difference between Kraft and Jones is Kraft's willingness to delegate power? is that ALL IT TAKES?

    Jerry's not perfect, but i'll take him over AT LEAST 20 other nfl owners.

    If you choose to respond, if you could be specific about Jerry's detrimental actions, it would be appreciated.
    First off, I really believe Jerry WANTS to win...for that I can't fault him.

    That said, Jerry Jones is one of the most hard-headed owners out there. The problem is, it's because of this that Jerry hurts the team.

    1) We can't have a top coach. We could never have a Belichick because they would constantly clash when Jerry offered his own coaching opinions (and it's happened before...i.e. Johnson and Parcells).

    2) Tony Romo. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but Jerry is such a fan of Tony that we've passed over opportunities at a lot of better QB's over the years.

    3) Jerry in the drafting room. We've had a lot of bad draft picks and part of it is because we have a GM that doesn't truly understand the game making picks for the team he also owns. The Patriots don't have to worry about this and as a result, make pretty dang good picks.

    So, in a sense, you're right on point. Jerry's failure to delegate to people who know the game a lot more than he does is one of the main differences between this team in Dallas and the one you have up in Boston.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Manhattan College
    Posts
    6,599
    vCash
    1500
    I think some of it has to do with the negativeness of people these days and how much everyone wants to hate someone. Imagine Marino in this league? He'd get killed for never winning it all.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post



    Sarcasim? - Yes
    Defense of Romo? - Yes
    Exaggeration? - Yes
    Based this thread off your posts in a different thread? - Yes

    Mentioning of Romo being at fault? - No
    I said numerous times that Romo is at fault too, do I have to say it in every single post???

    Add all that together and you're clearly illustrating that Romo isn't to blame. You didn't offer any sort of equality in this thread, just a thread to embarrass those that believe Romo deserves blame. That's just honesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. No one has said Romo is the only problem with this organization and the removal of Romo would solve these problems. This is where you've exaggerated, hence one of the reasons why you created this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    100% on romo idc at the end of how bad we played and despite his two ints earlier in the game we were down 3 with 3 tineouts and there was 3 min left. He threw that bs interception that's on romo and so is the game cause that throw costed us the game
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    If anybody says this isn't romo fault after 3pick & a crucial one that loss us the game is blind. Dion sanders said it 3yrs ago romo can't lead u to a superbowl let a lone a playoff win.
    enough for you??

    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    2. Romo is a problem, but 1 problem of many problems.
    agree

    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    3. Anyone who truly believes that there's only 1 problem to be solved and that would equate to success is naive.
    agree

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    First off, I really believe Jerry WANTS to win...for that I can't fault him.

    That said, Jerry Jones is one of the most hard-headed owners out there. The problem is, it's because of this that Jerry hurts the team.

    1) We can't have a top coach. We could never have a Belichick because they would constantly clash when Jerry offered his own coaching opinions (and it's happened before...i.e. Johnson and Parcells).

    2) Tony Romo. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but Jerry is such a fan of Tony that we've passed over opportunities at a lot of better QB's over the years.

    3) Jerry in the drafting room. We've had a lot of bad draft picks and part of it is because we have a GM that doesn't truly understand the game making picks for the team he also owns. The Patriots don't have to worry about this and as a result, make pretty dang good picks.

    So, in a sense, you're right on point. Jerry's failure to delegate to people who know the game a lot more than he does is one of the main differences between this team in Dallas and the one you have up in Boston.
    Can you provide the list of QBs we have passed over at our draft choice that are clearly better than Romo??

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    You are absolutely right. Romo needs to go. Week 1 next year we just start Rodgers.. Who cares if he has a contract somewhere else....
    No, tony is not "elite". But neither are big ben and eli. Yet they win super bowls? Didn't you see ben throw interceptions the last few weeks when his team needed him to step up? Haven't you ever seen eli do that? You can't expect to have an elite qb who can win alone, and you don't have to - but then you need other people to step up. What did ware do today just to name one? He is supposed to be our superstar, yet he was fooled over and over again by a rookie (not blaming him, just saying he wasn't any better than tony today)
    More over-exaggerating. I can no longer take you seriously, so this will be last response to you.

    First, I'll argue that both Ben and Eli have done more with less than Romo has done with the Cowboys over his career.

    Second, It's not all about having Aaron Rodgers on this team (who we could have had, had Jerry not gone the Romo route). It's about finding a QB that won't lose us games. And (get ready to put on your shocked face), just like Rodgers, who wasn't an elite NFL QB at one point in his career, if we'd cut ties with a proven loser, then maybe we also can find a guy (just like the Packers did) who will become a better QB over time.

    Third, You want to bring up Ware for your argument? Then you want to provide today as the sample for his success? Nobody is blaming Romo solely for today...but rather for repeated failures in big games. And...Ware didn't cough up the ball to the opponent 3 times, so he did a lot better than Romo.

    Facts...and I'm done feeding you them.

    Enjoy your mancrush.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    1500
    Romo is a problem but I think this team is so poorly constructed by our genius GM that I am hopeless for any improvements with or without Tony.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated View Post
    I don't get it. I CONSTANTLY hear about how bad Jerry is for the organization, but don't personally see many tangible things that he does wrong.

    I don't prefer his hiring of jason garret, but i can't really fully knock garret this year due to injuries.

    I DO hold it against jerry that jimmy johnson left, but that was a long time ago.

    In a different world, Romo may have never mishandled the fg snap against seattle, crayton may have never dropped multiple perfect passes in 2007, yada-yada-yada...

    This Romo-era team has been fairly well run, imho. They've had some crappy luck, occasional uninspired play, and just flat-out missed opportunities.

    I live in Boston, and clearly the Patriots are run pretty well. Do you think the difference between Kraft and Jones is Kraft's willingness to delegate power? is that ALL IT TAKES?

    Jerry's not perfect, but i'll take him over AT LEAST 20 other nfl owners.

    If you choose to respond, if you could be specific about Jerry's detrimental actions, it would be appreciated.
    Okay, I want to be as fair as I can, so please allow me to break this down.

    Principle:
    1. Like i said before, an owner's success is measured by accomplishments and wealth.

    2. Football is a business, it's no different than any other business or industry in principle. The same laws of economics and business management exist regardless of the industry you are in, so success is measured in the same way.

    (A). Wealth - There's no doubt Jerry has been successful in this avenue. He has turned the Cowboys into a profit machine, sadly on the backs of mediocrity and lies. Many businesses do the same thing because at some point they stop caring about the customer, in this case the fans, and focus primarily on the bottom line. Eventually this poor business model ends up crippling an organization. Refer to Best Buy, Sears, and Radio Shack, EA Sports, Time Warner just to name a few. So it's a very risky long term move (running your business on mediocrity and dishonesty)

    (B). Accomplishments - In the National Football League the accomplishment is a Super Bowl victory. 32 Teams play every year for this prize. Playoff births, stats, contentions are all minor accomplishments, but greatness has always been defined by the rings.

    * I've said it in other threads that all of these types of minor accomplishments are pushed to the back burner when a championship is raised. IE: Romo believers always revert to stats to defend him, but wouldn't mention those same stats if Romo won a super bowl. Stats are a consolation prize.

    Responsibility:

    In business, regardless of the industry the responsibility of the owner is to produce those accomplishments. Jerry has not. He's had plenty of time and if we have "great players" than we should have produced far better results than we have thus far. If we haven't produced said results than one can argue whether or not we really have "great players". If we don't have "great players" but are marketed, promised, promoted, and told we do then the model is built on dishonesty. Hence Jerry's fault.

    Micro & Macro side:
    Jones has chose to trade away draft picks for players who aren't truly worth the value, drafted & signed character issue guys, believed that an undrafted QB was the chosen one, hired coaches that he could have complete control over, favored his ego over everything and everyone else, failed to use the entire draft, failed to scout accordingly, and spent more time trying to get attention then produce on the field success.

    Jerry is a man that loves the spotlight and uses this team as a way to get himself the spotlight.

    Now that's not to say that he hasn't done anything right, because he's made some smart moves, but the failures and head scratches greatly outweigh the cheers and confidence of the fans.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Can you provide the list of QBs we have passed over at our draft choice that are clearly better than Romo??
    Aaron Rodgers was the first one that comes to mind.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Morris, MN
    Posts
    2,253
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated:24917904
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    That's fine, your right, I'll agree with that. My entire point is no one can point the finger at 1 area and say "well if we didn't have this problem we would have won".

    The problems with this organization run deep. Many people are to blame, many people are overrated, many people aren't the right guys for the job. Not to mention the Redskins are clearly a better team.

    It's a shame that many potential future hall of fame candidates have wasted their careers in the blindness of Jerry Jones (Ware & Witten) to name a couple.

    Our problems are deep, but they start at the top and the fans have 0 right to complain when they keep buying the product Jerry is selling.

    I don't get it. I CONSTANTLY hear about how bad Jerry is for the organization, but don't personally see many tangible things that he does wrong.

    I don't prefer his hiring of jason garret, but i can't really fully knock garret this year due to injuries.

    I DO hold it against jerry that jimmy johnson left, but that was a long time ago.

    In a different world, Romo may have never mishandled the fg snap against seattle, crayton may have never dropped multiple perfect passes in 2007, yada-yada-yada...

    This Romo-era team has been fairly well run, imho. They've had some crappy luck, occasional uninspired play, and just flat-out missed opportunities.

    I live in Boston, and clearly the Patriots are run pretty well. Do you think the difference between Kraft and Jones is Kraft's willingness to delegate power? is that ALL IT TAKES?

    Jerry's not perfect, but i'll take him over AT LEAST 20 other nfl owners.

    If you choose to respond, if you could be specific about Jerry's detrimental actions, it would be appreciated.
    I think that a lot of or hatred and disdain for Jerry comes from his stubbornness to not hire a real football person to make good football decisions. Jerry an owner is great. Jerry as a GM is terrible. Sure he gets a few picks/signings right, but for the most part he makes awful decisions. Trading away picks for average players. Signing average players to crippling contacts. Any other GM would have been removed a long time ago, but Jerry is to arrogant and stubborn to realize that this team NEEDS someone to be bright in that has a great football mind and is a great talent evaluato. And is also FROM OUTSIDE OF THE ORGANIZATION (not Stephen). IMO i think this team will be mediocre until that happens.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers was the first one that comes to mind.
    Fair enough. He has had one good playoff run. 1 more than Romo..

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    617
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Romo is a problem but I think this team is so poorly constructed by our genius GM that I am hopeless for any improvements with or without Tony.
    I disagree.

    I think we were a healthy defense away from making the playoffs (and possibly being a top-10 defense).

    We obviously need help on the offensive line, and to a lesser extent on the d-line.

    Linebackers, rb, wr, cb are ok.

    we could use a young eventual-replacement for witten.

    need a replacement for sensebaugh (matt johnson?)

    i don't see a roster in the nfl that is substantially more talented, when this roster is healthy

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    More over-exaggerating. I can no longer take you seriously, so this will be last response to you.
    yup, over-exaggerating and sarcasm.. sense it, it is not meant as literal as you interpret it.
    First, I'll argue that both Ben and Eli have done more with less than Romo has done with the Cowboys over his career.
    give romo the defense that ben has always had or just the pass-rush and o-line that eli has (+ the coaching that they both have) and see what happens

    Second, It's not all about having Aaron Rodgers on this team (who we could have had, had Jerry not gone the Romo route). It's about finding a QB that won't lose us games. And (get ready to put on your shocked face), just like Rodgers, who wasn't an elite NFL QB at one point in his career, if we'd cut ties with a proven loser, then maybe we also can find a guy (just like the Packers did) who will become a better QB over time.
    why not draft a qb to sit and learn from tony for a few years? worked out well in GB, and let's face it - tony and favre are a lot alike

    Third, You want to bring up Ware for your argument? Then you want to provide today as the sample for his success? Nobody is blaming Romo solely for today...but rather for repeated failures in big games. And...Ware didn't cough up the ball to the opponent 3 times, so he did a lot better than Romo.
    so it doesn't count anything at all that despite all these injuries tony (as well as the other guys - as i said this is a team sport) gave us the chance to get to the playoffs by week 17?

    Facts...and I'm done feeding you them.

    Enjoy your mancrush.
    oh, i will.. and good day to you too

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Romo has proven my point about us knowing who he is and what he is. Big games, meaningful games, he is a choking **** up.

    Romo doesn't know the guy from years past? Yea because that guy just threw an INT and/or a fumble this guy now throws three INTs lol.

    I like being able to say I told you so, I am right, and I hate doing it at the same time because it hurts my Cowboys.

    In all seriousness though unless you have Romo posters in your bedroom and office you cannot really take blame away from him or place blame anywhere but him for those INTs. I don't even want to hear the OL as an excuse for those picks.

    Hopefully next year we can have an OL to guard Romo better and mainly to give Murray more help so we can take the pressure/ball off of Romo's hands at necessary times.

    I said I would give Romo credit and take bak much of what I have said when he comes through in a big game and in the clutch. Well I guess he and you Romo fanboys will have to wait another year for that to happen because he only strengthened case. I guess extend this guy to reduce our cap hit for this next year and start looking for his replacement. Hopefully next years drafts holds better talent as there is none in this years draft. Also, on the bright side Romo's extension should come cheaper as this guy just ****** up big and proved again that he is who and what he is, especially in the big games/moments.

    *********************. This one is going to be hard to come up with excuses for.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-31-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: stop dodging the filter, how many times must u be told? and then baiting?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    I think some of it has to do with the negativeness of people these days and how much everyone wants to hate someone. Imagine Marino in this league? He'd get killed for never winning it all.
    Very true on the state of hate.

    Marino was horrendous in the post season, he would deserve any blame that would come his way.

    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    I said numerous times that Romo is at fault too, do I have to say it in every single post???

    Add all that together and you're clearly illustrating that Romo isn't to blame. You didn't offer any sort of equality in this thread, just a thread to embarrass those that believe Romo deserves blame. That's just honesty.






    enough for you??


    agree
    1. when and where did YOU say it? - in a different thread. You can't expect people in this thread to know what you said in another. I'm just being fair, don't get upset

    2. You made this thread in defense of Romo and criticized those that aren't in favor of Romo. You choose to make a Tony Romo hater thread where you said

    "there you go people.. hate all you want - clearly romo is responsible for every single loss in the history of the dallas cowboys.. i bet he is responsible for every single killing and bad thing that has ever happened as well"

    You don't think that's exaggerating? Don't you think you're trying to defend Romo?

    Why couldn't you just say that Romo deserves some of the blame, but not all of it. I'm sure if you asked 10 people in this thread or forum they'd agree that Romo isn't solely to blame. However just because he's not the only one to blame doesn't mean people aren't tired of defending him and want a change.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    Romo has proven my point about us knowing who he is and what he is. Big games, meaningful games, he is a choking **** up.

    Romo doesn't know the guy from years past? Yea because that guy just threw an INT and/or a fumble this guy now throws three INTs lol.

    I like being able to say I told you so, I am right, and I hate doing it at the same time because it hurts my Cowboys.

    In all seriousness though unless you have Romo posters in your bedroom and office you cannot really take blame away from him or place blame anywhere but him for those INTs. I don't even want to hear the OL as an excuse for those picks.

    Hopefully next year we can have an OL to guard Romo better and mainly to give Murray more help so we can take the pressure/ball off of Romo's hands at necessary times.

    I said I would give Romo credit and take bak much of what I have said when he comes through in a big game and in the clutch. Well I guess he and you Romo fanboys will have to wait another year for that to happen because he only strengthened case. I guess extend this guy to reduce our cap hit for this next year and start looking for his replacement. Hopefully next years drafts holds better talent as there is none in this years draft. Also, on the bright side Romo's extension should come cheaper as this guy just fcuked up big and proved again that he is who and what he is, especially in the big games/moments.

    Fanboys I am sorry you have to witness you lover boy mess up again. This one is going to be hard to come up with excuses for.
    hasn't every game the last month been big? hasn't romo been on fire even when we have lost (except for today where he sucked)?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •