Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Morris Claiborne Worth What We Paid for Him??

Do you think Morris Claiborne is worth the extra second rounder we gave up for him? I think he is playing well and will only get better. Your thoughts???

vCash
    I think and certainly hope so. He has shown improvement over this season and is doing pretty well. He had that one bad game against the Eagles but aside from that has not had any really bad games. I also love this guys' toughness both mentally and physically, playing while banged up and really making an effort to be the best player he can be by correcting mistakes, etc. I think another year in the NFL and with Ryan he will really start to become what we all think and hope he is, which is a true shut down corner. That said I will admit that I am not sure he is or will be on Patrick Petersons or Revis' level however it wouldn't surprise me if he does reach their level either. Even if Claiborne doesn't quite reach their level I think he will be right on those guys' heels.

As I have said before I think we bought one of the best #2 corners is the game, Brandon Carr and drafted a future shutdown, elite corner in Claiborne. If we can drop Scandrick, extend Jenkins for the slot, have Church back healthy, and either have Matt Johnson step up or draft a safety we could have one of the best secondaries in the NFL for years to come.

vCash
    Claiborne island!

vCash
    Yes he's worth it!

vCash
    He is a god, pro bowler next year

vCash
    What we paid??? well money wise it doesnt matter...and who really cares about this second round pick...you assume jerry wouldnt F up that pick. No, give me a (hopefully) sure thing in Mo Vs. 2 picks that would of been reaches IMO

vCash
    Kind of a dumb question, of course it was worth it.

vCash
    I thought it was worth it, it kind of solidifies our cornerback pos. with Carr playing opposite of him.

vCash
    we got him at a steal....

vCash
    This surprises me. We could of had Janoris Jenkins and Riley Reiff for what we paid for Claiborne.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pay

vCash
    I agree with most of you after looking at some tape
    Some receivers are just giving up on getting away from him. He has what it take to be a shut down cb. I'm happy to have him.

vCash
    he's still a freshman, don't you think it's far too early to ask this type of question? I'd wait until year 3 to make a determination. Like i've said before, i prefer my rookies to stumble in their first season rather than their 2nd.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    I hope this means that Mo is now going to go on a tear of some electrifying interceptions..... after the is Carr worth it thread, he dazzled us with those briliant interceptions that would make Deion proud. He did that in the preseason and I fully expected Carr to do it in the regular season, but he waited till our season was on the brink to whip those sportscenter highlights out. I think we are stacked at corner. Carr's an excellent #1. So will Claiborne. Heck Jenkins is really good too. And as much as guys dump on Scandrick, he's pretty solid as the #4. We need a ballhawk safety. I see some of these other teams with ballhawk safeties and they completely change the complexion of their defenses. We probably haven't had the luck of having these guys all healthy at the same time. Carter, Lee and Ratliff would like mighty aweomse with this group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacowboysfan View Post
    This surprises me. We could of had Janoris Jenkins and Riley Reiff for what we paid for Claiborne.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pay
    Casey Hayward is better than Jenkins.

vCash
    We got one heck of a football player. I haven't seen very many rookie players at any defensive position come in as game ready as MO. Just wait til next year when he makes a leap and continues to develop like Revis did.

He is a very special player.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast