Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Urlacher and Tillman. Resign or not?

Personally I think we need to bring both back. Lets not forget this is a 10 win team and losing both of them would do nothing but make us worse. What I hope we do is draft a pass catching tight end and draft some OL cause that's where the weakness of this team lies. But that's just my opinion what do you all think.

Edit- Ok so Tillman has one year left on his contract. Thanks too all of you who pointed that out it was my mistake. I still think we should extend him though.
    Last edited by KDM1986; 12-30-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Made a mistake

vCash
    Totally depends on the price. If they are both willing to take reasonable 2 year deals I don't see why not. We don't get better by replacing them.

vCash
    Tillman? Definitely.

Urlacher? Totally dependent on whether Lovie remains. He probably will so I'd extend Urlacher to a small 1-2 year contract. If the truly unexpected ACTUALLY happens and Lovie gets canned, I'd move on.

vCash
    Tillman still has a year left IIRC. He should be extended so the Bears can gain more cap space.

I am ready to move on from Urlacher.

vCash
    I'd bring Urlacher back regardless of Lovie's status. If he leaves because Lovie leaves, then he can kick rocks.

Tillman has to be resigned. Outside of Jennings, our CB's are garbage.

vCash
    1) probably, depending on the price
    2) how the **** could you not? I feel like there would be massive fan backlash otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    1) probably, depending on the price
    2) how the **** could you not? I feel like there would be massive fan backlash otherwise.
    I agree but crazy things happen after a team collapses like we did. Two years in a row no less.

vCash
    Who cares about fan backlash, this team needs to think about how to win, not pacify the fans. If Urlacher isn't part of the plans or wants to much money, then it is time for him to go.

It happens in all sports. Just like the Sox had to do with Buehrle a year ago.

vCash
    Id try to sign Lach to a cheap 1 year deal so he can mentor the lb we decide to draft.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Who cares about fan backlash, this team needs to think about how to win, not pacify the fans. If Urlacher isn't part of the plans or wants to much money, then it is time for him to go.

It happens in all sports. Just like the Sox had to do with Buehrle a year ago.
    Oh, I don't care about backlash, but I think that it must factor into the organizations decision at least somewhat. I was specifically talking about Tillman though, not Urlacher. I have no idea what to think about his situation. I just wonder how much he will ask for, and whether or not the organization a) agrees that the number he asks for is how much he's worth and/or b) is willing to pay him that. I cannot even begin to imagine Urlacher in a different jersey.

vCash
    Tillman for sure

Urlacher at the right price

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Oh, I don't care about backlash, but I think that it must factor into the organizations decision at least somewhat. I was specifically talking about Tillman though, not Urlacher. I have no idea what to think about his situation. I just wonder how much he will ask for, and whether or not the organization a) agrees that the number he asks for is how much he's worth and/or b) is willing to pay him that. I cannot even begin to imagine Urlacher in a different jersey.
    Yeah I can't imagine it either, but I said the same about Mark Buehrle. If it happens, then I hope it is for the good of the team.

vCash
    I hope Urlacher retires TBH.

vCash
    I'd look to extend Tillman and I would say thank you and good bye to Urlacher.

vCash
    Bring back Tillman. Bringing back Urlacher probably depends on what happens with the coaching staff.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast