Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NFL Rescheduling

Anyone else have a problem with the NFL rescheduling games within 7 days of them being played just for the effect of drama. This week the Packers/Vikings game was changed to the late afternoon timeslot to give it a win and get in scenario. I think this is stupid, I personally feel it gives teams additional motivation and adreniline(sp) going into a game.

Not an excuse as to why the Bears didn't make it. Just think it is stupid the NFL feels they need to manipulate the schedule for ratings. At what point does the NFL stop being a game?

vCash
    that had no bearing on anything
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think the Patriots, Broncos and Texans should have all played at the same time, instead of the Broncos already knowing the had the 1st seed before their game even started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    that had no bearing on anything
    why do it? Why change it if it doesn't change anything as you say? And yes it does have an effect, if you don't think it changes a mentality of a game, then you are crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    why do it? Why change it if it doesn't change anything as you say? And yes it does have an effect, if you don't think it changes a mentality of a game, then you are crazy.
    for people who want to watch as many games as possible. this was a good weekend since form 1 o clock to midnuight you could watch games that had a bearing on the playoffs and mattered. the skins gmae was flexed to night as well, dont see you complaining about that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Yeah I don't agree with the Skins game either. I just brought up one example. It happened last year too, I can't remember which team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadolfan View Post
    I think the Patriots, Broncos and Texans should have all played at the same time, instead of the Broncos already knowing the had the 1st seed before their game even started.
    I dont understand that at all. Had the Broncos not won they would have fallen to third. What impact did that have? The only thing the Broncos knew was that they were playing for first but still had to win? Do you think they would have played harder? Not sure of your point.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    In that game I dont think it had any impact at all. Emotions were high. The Pack wanted and needed the win and the Vikings had to win. If anything I bet if you asked the player they would have wanted to play earlier themselves.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    I dont understand that at all. Had the Broncos not won they would have fallen to third. What impact did that have? The only thing the Broncos knew was that they were playing for first but still had to win? Do you think they would have played harder? Not sure of your point.
    I just don't think they should have gone into their game already knowing that they had the #1 seed. It also would have fans of all three teams following all three games. They way it was, the Texans fans already knew they weren't getting the first seed, so they could care less about the Broncos game. It would have just made it more exciting, which is the sole purpose of rescheduling the games.
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 12-31-2012 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    In that game I dont think it had any impact at all. Emotions were high. The Pack wanted and needed the win and the Vikings had to win. If anything I bet if you asked the player they would have wanted to play earlier themselves.
    Whether it changes the outcome or not, I think the manipulation of the schedule is stupid. People make plans to go to these games and last minute changes screw the fans from going. I missed a game a couple years ago because it got flexed to the evening. I made plans based on my schedule flying out of Chicago and didn't get to go because the time changed. It is BS.

vCash
    Whether it changes the outcome or not, I think the manipulation of the schedule is stupid. People make plans to go to these games and last minute changes screw the fans from going. I missed a game a couple years ago because it got flexed to the evening. I made plans based on my schedule flying out of Chicago and didn't get to go because the time changed. It is BS.
    Maybe it's just me, but if I fly into a city to watch a game, I'm flying out on Monday not Sunday after the game.

vCash
    Maybe it's just me, but if I fly into a city to watch a game, I'm flying out on Monday not Sunday after the game.
    I don't get to dictate my work schedule. I used to work as a net admin for a company and we would fly in on Wed/Thur work over the weekend doing backups for storage and then fly out Sunday evenings. I don't fly into Chicago just to watch games. I no longer do that work anymore so it is not really a problem, but people make plans and the NFL does screw some people over for the sake of a couple extra dollars.

vCash
    I just don't think they should have gone into their game already knowing that they had the #1 seed. It also would have fans of all three teams following all three games. They way it was, the Texans fans already knew they weren't getting the first seed, so they could care less about the Broncos game. It would have just made it more exciting, which is the sole purpose of rescheduling the games.
    Ahh that I can understand. I can agree with the Texans fans. They had no reason to follow the Broncos but they still had to follow the Pats. As a Bronco fan I still had to follow all three. I do get your point though. I think the Bears fan to reaching a bit though.

Me and my Boys.

vCash
    Not really a fan of the flex scheduling to be honest, but i really don't see TOO huge of a problem with it.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I don't get to dictate my work schedule. I used to work as a net admin for a company and we would fly in on Wed/Thur work over the weekend doing backups for storage and then fly out Sunday evenings. I don't fly into Chicago just to watch games. I no longer do that work anymore so it is not really a problem, but people make plans and the NFL does screw some people over for the sake of a couple extra dollars.
    I understand that if you're flying into a city on business and want to catch the game while you're there. I don't travel with work so I didn't even think about that. I was thinking flying in for the sole purpose of watching the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast