Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1038
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Prox u little rascal, I was hoping the lastest response would slip past you lol. I need your explanation for the following: Pryor who`s never played 1 entire football game, takes the field with the same terrible football players, schemes and executes 2 drives longer than 5 minutes in 1 game. Palmer executed 2 drives of 5 minutes or longer in 15 games, I don`t believe there`s an excuse on the planet that would be acceptable. He hasn`t won more than 4 games in a season since 2009, he led the Raiders to 3 points in the 1st quarter in 15 games.

    Most of the yardage achieved is long after the game has been decided, I`m attempting to be very optimistic however the evidence I`m confronted with isn`t good stuff. Palmer has 100 million banked and his football heart has long been removed from his body, that`s my 2 cents.

    His last game generated 5 field goals at home vs. the Chiefs, I`m not very pleased Proxy lol.
    I won't defend last season. Palmer had opportunities to go get wins against Atlanta and Tampa Bay, and he botched both with interceptions. No excuses there. The Chief game we at-least won, and I remember Gannon led Raider offenses being held to 6 points. Its tough to win in the NFL, very tough. I'll take what I can get, even the ugly ones.

    Pryor is a very mobile QB, given the Raiders limitations in the passing game with the WR's they have, no running game, I would expect a mobile QB to create more opportunities than a pure pocket passer who is no threat to run. Please remember, in regards to Pryor's play, the sample size is pretty darn small and the net result was still a loss. The Chargers also had limited game film on Pryor.

    The Raiders had problems on offense in 2012, Carson was not the only reason why. I think we both agree that he needs to play better, we disagree on whether he can or not.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I won't defend last season. Palmer had opportunities to go get wins against Atlanta and Tampa Bay, and he botched both with interceptions. No excuses there. The Chief game we at-least won, and I remember Gannon led Raider offenses being held to 6 points. Its tough to win in the NFL, very tough. I'll take what I can get, even the ugly ones.

    Pryor is a very mobile QB, given the Raiders limitations in the passing game with the WR's they have, no running game, I would expect a mobile QB to create more opportunities than a pure pocket passer who is no threat to run. Please remember, in regards to Pryor's play, the sample size is pretty darn small and the net result was still a loss. The Chargers also had limited game film on Pryor.

    The Raiders had problems on offense in 2012, Carson was not the only reason why. I think we both agree that he needs to play better, we disagree on whether he can or not.
    I mispoke 5 field goals vs the Chiefs then 2 field goals the next week vs. Carolina lol. Yes we certainly disagree but thats the beauty of interaction, the conversations would fizzle quickly if everyone was in agreement.





    Reggie got played in a New York Minute

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    For those of you interested in this sort of thing, the Raiders are tied with the Jaguars as the longest shot to win next year's Super Bowl at 150-1. Somehow the Chiefs are all the way up at 50-1. Andy Reid magic, I guess.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    3,822
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    For those of you interested in this sort of thing, the Raiders are tied with the Jaguars as the longest shot to win next year's Super Bowl at 150-1. Somehow the Chiefs are all the way up at 50-1. Andy Reid magic, I guess.
    Ive seen wose odds. Ill take it
    Raiders Keith McGill

    PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    raider nation
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    For those of you interested in this sort of thing, the Raiders are tied with the Jaguars as the longest shot to win next year's Super Bowl at 150-1. Somehow the Chiefs are all the way up at 50-1. Andy Reid magic, I guess.
    what a joke.
    Don't like me?

    Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    vCash
    1500
    Titus Young?

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    Shonn Greene - RB - Jets
    ESPN New York says impending free agent Shonn Greene is "as good as gone."
    The Jets have one of the worst salary cap situations in the league and Greene is an extremely poor fit for new OC Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast scheme. It's a no-brainer to replace him with a committee speared by Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight and a draft pick that actually has some burst. Greene managed just two runs of 20 or more yards all last season. He's still our No. 5 free agent running back available, behind Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Rashard Mendenhall and Cedric Benson.

    I really think Greene is a guy we should go after in FA. He would be a very nice complement to McFadden as a power back. He runs bigger than his size and can get in the endzone. He has back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons and 14 TDs over the past two years.

    Also, no way in the world would I sign Titus Young. He is an absolute headcase and told his HS coach he thinks he is better than Calvin Johnson.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    4,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Shonn Greene - RB - Jets
    ESPN New York says impending free agent Shonn Greene is "as good as gone."
    The Jets have one of the worst salary cap situations in the league and Greene is an extremely poor fit for new OC Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast scheme. It's a no-brainer to replace him with a committee speared by Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight and a draft pick that actually has some burst. Greene managed just two runs of 20 or more yards all last season. He's still our No. 5 free agent running back available, behind Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Rashard Mendenhall and Cedric Benson.

    I really think Greene is a guy we should go after in FA. He would be a very nice complement to McFadden as a power back. He runs bigger than his size and can get in the endzone. He has back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons and 14 TDs over the past two years.

    Also, no way in the world would I sign Titus Young. He is an absolute headcase and told his HS coach he thinks he is better than Calvin Johnson.
    I mentioned Shonn Greene a couple of pages back in this thread. I thought he would be a good fit here in Oakland as thunder to McFadden's lightening. Shonn Greene had his best season under Tony Sparano who just happens to be our new OL coach so Tony knows what Shonn can do. Also I think Shonn Greene can be had for a decent price.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I mentioned Shonn Greene a couple of pages back in this thread. I thought he would be a good fit here in Oakland as thunder to McFadden's lightening. Shonn Greene had his best season under Tony Sparano who just happens to be our new OL coach so Tony knows what Shonn can do. Also I think Shonn Greene can be had for a decent price.
    I forgot to even mention the Sparano connection. Greene just ran for 1,000 yards under Sparano, so maybe he will come aboard.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    If he comes cheap i think he could be a nice piece. Again its all about price tho and i dont know wlot about his attitude so not sure if that would be a problem. Again all FA this year for us will deal with price.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    I've never heard of him associated with any off field troubles. He also has never missed more than 2 games in a year, so hopefully he would be able to stay upright whenever McFadden misses his traditional 4+ games.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    If he comes cheap i think he could be a nice piece. Again its all about price tho and i dont know wlot about his attitude so not sure if that would be a problem. Again all FA this year for us will deal with price.
    Yup, you took the words right off of my finger tips lol...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

  13. #508
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,156
    vCash
    1500
    Yea..um.no to greene...he sucks..better backs will be there late in the draft

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,197
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Yea..um.no to greene...he sucks..better backs will be there late in the draft
    I don't believe we're in a position to just brush off the possiblity of signing him when he has more 1,000 yard seasons in the last 2 seasons than we have since 2008.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  15. #510
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    I don't believe we're in a position to just brush off the possiblity of signing him when he has more 1,000 yard seasons in the last 2 seasons than we have since 2008.
    If a starting back stays healthy for 16 games he can have 1000... Bush pretty much had 1000 with only 10 starts...and greene offers nothing on 3rd down...you can find a 2 down back in the 6th round i feel and he might have more upside

Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •