Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    I just dont get why anyone would bring up smith. He is terrible unless everything is just perfect for him. He sucked the first what 6 years? Then you got a amazing head coach and no to mention a amazing team. One that can run the ball and play serious defense. We dont have any of those things so why would alex smith work here. He would be much more like the first six year alex then the last two.
    funny..it wasnt that long ago when the debate was...who is the worse draft bust alex smith or jrock....next thing you know someone will say lets bring the purple drunk back. ha ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I agree with that completely. Look at Jim McMahon's winning percentage, he was at best an average QB who had the benefit of playing with one of the best defense's in NFL history. Carson Palmer's poor play did contribute to his abysmal won loss record, there is no denying that, but you cannot solely blame it on him. Football is the best team sport in the world. I have said it before and I will say it again. I am a huge Carson Palmer fan, I offer no excuses for his spotty play, at the same time I believe his best days as a Raider QB are ahead of him, and we have seen flashes of that potential.
    as an example...not playing in this years superbowl..brady,either manning,rothlisberger,rivers,brees,schaab,rodgers, dalton,ryan,...who is playing..a guy who became a starter in week 11 of this year, and a guy who most said couldnt get his team to a superbowl. Fact is its usually the team that gets the qb to the superbowl. Most people would say fouts was a better qb than plunkett....plunkett won 2 superbowls...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    as an example...not playing in this years superbowl..brady,either manning,rothlisberger,rivers,brees,schaab,rodgers, dalton,ryan,...who is playing..a guy who became a starter in week 11 of this year, and a guy who most said couldnt get his team to a superbowl. Fact is its usually the team that gets the qb to the superbowl. Most people would say fouts was a better qb than plunkett....plunkett won 2 superbowls...

I agree with your premise. Plunkett won the Heisman Trophy, was the AFC Rookie of the year and won the Super Bowl MVP. He played on some terrible Patriot teams, and took a beating, had he played for a coach like Coryell with the deep ball he could throw, he very well may have put up video game stats as Fouts did. People forget how good Plunkett really was. I do know this, he could make big throws when it counted the most.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    You do realize that the 49'ers' second string players are better than most first stringers Carson Palmer has ever played with, including the Raiders, right?
    BigGuy that`s the best excuse ever, I wonder if the Bengals ever used that one lol.

Some players don`t have the heart to win a football game under any circumstance, insert Carson Palmer sorry Proxy lol.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 02-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with it. Firm is entitled to his opinions and they tend to be pertinent towards the topic at hand, which is Oakland Raiders football. I find it amusing that you troll and bait a poster that only talks football here while you post what you post. Hey pot meet kettle.
    Amen Proximo, the forum has been traveling downhill at warp speed since last year. The downgrades have been severe with no end in sight.

vCash
    as an example...not playing in this years superbowl..brady,either manning,rothlisberger,rivers,brees,schaab,rodgers, dalton,ryan,...who is playing..a guy who became a starter in week 11 of this year, and a guy who most said couldnt get his team to a super bowl. Fact is its usually the team that gets the qb to the superbowl. Most people would say fouts was a better qb than plunkett....plunkett won 2 superbowls...
    Don`t quote me, Flacco has been in the league 5 years and this will be his 13th post season start. I give that kid a lot of credit I hope they win Sunday. Don`t get me wrong I don`t like the guy, I just don`t want the 49ers to be 6 - 0 in Super Bowls lol.

vCash
    error
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
    ― André Gide, Autumn Leaves

vCash
    17 million. Smith was 27-2, because of the rest of 49ers, who without alex starting are in superbowl. Face the music, bringing in another qb, without improving rest of team is a formula for failure.
    people are stupid on here for wanting the shatty arsed smith....all of they're thoughts enrage me so im not postin on this lame thread anymore
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    people are stupid on here for wanting the shatty arsed smith....all of they're thoughts enrage me so im not postin on this lame thread anymore
    Why are you such an angry person?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Why are you such an angry person?
    not angry ...smart ! heres why i dont like that smith crap..........Current Raiders QB Carson Palmer made this list for a second time by turning in the 4th-best regular season passing performance in franchise history.Since joining the Raiders mid-way through the 2011 season, QB Carson Palmer has recorded two 400-yard passing games, the 3rd and 4th best single-game passing performances in Raiders history. that's the truth.. along with over 4000 yards, with a chitty OC, and oline protection makes everyone stupid, that would trade the teacher, of Terrel Pryor ...the defense rest your honor lol
    Last edited by RAIDERCOACH; 02-01-2013 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    To throw everyone on here a curve, here's a stat for you "stat guys". Did you know that one out of every two people in the world, makes up 50% of the population? I know, I know....

..............oh brother.....LOL....j/k with youse guys....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Don`t quote me, Flacco has been in the league 5 years and this will be his 13th post season start. I give that kid a lot of credit I hope they win Sunday. Don`t get me wrong I don`t like the guy, I just don`t want the 49ers to be 6 - 0 in Super Bowls lol.
    I understand where you're coming from...thhe thing is flacco has been on a complete team, ever since he went to baltimore. They were actually a good team before he was drafted. The bengals were only a good team for a year or two while palmer was there, and that was only because of palmer, once he got that bad knee injury vs pitt..bengals were never the same.

vCash
    I understand where you're coming from...thhe thing is flacco has been on a complete team, ever since he went to baltimore. They were actually a good team before he was drafted. The bengals were only a good team for a year or two while palmer was there, and that was only because of palmer, once he got that bad knee injury vs pitt..bengals were never the same.
    The Bengals have not been the same since Palmer, they made the playoffs both seasons after he left the team. Dalton the 2nd year player has more playoff starts than Palmer has in 11 seasons this isn`t by accident Dave, the Bengals suddenly didn`t have a great team therefore the excuse is unacceptable and hereby dismissed.

What`s most ironic is the Bengals lived with the same excuses as Oakland, it wore them out and now the Bengals are better off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The Bengals have not been the same since Palmer, they made the playoffs both seasons after he left the team. Dalton the 2nd year player has more playoff starts than Palmer has in 11 seasons this isn`t by accident Dave, the Bengals suddenly didn`t have a great team therefore the excuse is unacceptable and hereby dismissed.

What`s most ironic is the Bengals lived with the same excuses as Oakland, it wore them out and now the Bengals are better off.
    The Bengals have yet to win a playoff game. I am not sure you can criticize Carson's career completely. He has led the league in TD passes. He also has been a Pro Bowl MVP. He has also had the misfortune of playing on some very bad Raider and Bengal's teams. He played very will the season he led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and also had the misfortune of getting his knee shredded in his first playoff game. I don't think you can fairly say he has been a loser without acknowledging what he has been through and what he has done. This will make for some good off season conversation.

vCash
    The Bengals have yet to win a playoff game. I am not sure you can criticize Carson's career completely. He has led the league in TD passes. He also has been a Pro Bowl MVP. He has also had the misfortune of playing on some very bad Raider and Bengal's teams. He played very will the season he led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and also had the misfortune of getting his knee shredded in his first playoff game. I don't think you can fairly say he has been a loser without acknowledging what he has been through and what he has done. This will make for some good off season conversation.
    Prox u little rascal, I was hoping the lastest response would slip past you lol. I need your explanation for the following: Pryor who`s never played 1 entire football game, takes the field with the same terrible football players, schemes and executes 2 drives longer than 5 minutes in 1 game. Palmer executed 2 drives of 5 minutes or longer in 15 games, I don`t believe there`s an excuse on the planet that would be acceptable. He hasn`t won more than 4 games in a season since 2009, he led the Raiders to 3 points in the 1st quarter in 15 games.

Most of the yardage achieved is long after the game has been decided, I`m attempting to be very optimistic however the evidence I`m confronted with isn`t good stuff. Palmer has 100 million banked and his football heart has long been removed from his body, that`s my 2 cents.

His last game generated 5 field goals at home vs. the Chiefs, I`m not very pleased Proxy lol.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 02-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast