Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Watching the Redskins offense take Dallas to the woodshed, the WCO-ZBS is a thing of beauty when it gets rolling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    He seems like a good #5 WR/Special teamer kind of guy. Like a smaller Kassim Osgood.
    That and toss him out on the field for some strong I formations and let him run a bootleg every so often. Defenses won't know what happened lol
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Haha...well, maybe not

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Watching the Redskins offense take Dallas to the woodshed, the WCO-ZBS is a thing of beauty when it gets rolling.
    Their RB>DMC

6th round pick

Further proof we should trade him for a 6th rounder and a 4x4 animal style

vCash
    I am hoping to read on Tweeter first thing in the morning that when Knapp left the team plane DA told him not to worry about coming back into work! That would be a great way to finish 2012 or we read it first thing in the morning on Jan 1.

Second. Cut ties with Seymour. It was great having the guy on the team and I loved having him, but it's time to move on. If he comes at a discounted rate and follows his comment from a few years back that he was always suppose to be a Raider then sign him to the vet minium. If not. C-ya.

Third. I am a Carson supporter. I love the guy and that is all there is too it. 4000 yards isn't nothing to complain about. The team not scoring in the red zone has enough blame to go around besides Palmer like, the play calling, offensive line and the running game. This is a team sport. While he shares some of the blame he shouldn't be the goat. Give that to Knapp and his BS he brought in with him. But with that, I think TP showed that the game is not too big for him and he could do very well with this team. So I think CP3 needs to consider restructuring his contract. If not, we have too many holes to fill. Like I said, I love the guy, but one man isn't bigger than this team.

Fourth. Resign Wheeler. He is a great part of this defense and we need to keep him.

Fifth. Trade down if we can pick up more picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Their RB>DMC

6th round pick

Further proof we should trade him for a 6th rounder and a 4x4 animal style
    Great point, thats what this type offense can do. Arian Foster was an undrafted FA, Terrell Davis a 6th round pick, etc. It allows tremendous production from runningbacks with minimal investment, and is plug and play with the right types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    I am hoping to read on Tweeter first thing in the morning that when Knapp left the team plane DA told him not to worry about coming back into work! That would be a great way to finish 2012 or we read it first thing in the morning on Jan 1.

Second. Cut ties with Seymour. It was great having the guy on the team and I loved having him, but it's time to move on. If he comes at a discounted rate and follows his comment from a few years back that he was always suppose to be a Raider then sign him to the vet minium. If not. C-ya.

Third. I am a Carson supporter. I love the guy and that is all there is too it. 4000 yards isn't nothing to complain about. The team not scoring in the red zone has enough blame to go around besides Palmer like, the play calling, offensive line and the running game. This is a team sport. While he shares some of the blame he shouldn't be the goat. Give that to Knapp and his BS he brought in with him. But with that, I think TP showed that the game is not too big for him and he could do very well with this team. So I think CP3 needs to consider restructuring his contract. If not, we have too many holes to fill. Like I said, I love the guy, but one man isn't bigger than this team.

Fourth. Resign Wheeler. He is a great part of this defense and we need to keep him.

Fifth. Trade down if we can pick up more picks.
    Bingo! Although I'd like to see Knapp stay on as QB coach.

I'll add...trade DMC if we can get a pick, trade McClain if anyone will take him

Say goodbye to DHB as well. Think about what we could do with 40 million dollars from getting rid of Palmer, Seymour, DHB, McClain and DMC....

vCash
    I'd like for DHB to come back but at a massive pay cut, something in the ball park of 2 million or less. His work ethic is outstanding and must surely rub off on other players as they see him put in the work to get better.

Palmer should restructure, but even if he doesn't he should be brought back unless we want to pick #1 overall in 2014.

DMC should be kept regardless, we just have too many holes to fill to add to those problems. Say you do trade him for a pick, just to turn around and draft another running back...makes no sense.

I'd hope Seymour and Kelly would take some pay cuts, but if they refuse then cut thim without hesitation. That would leave big holes in the d-line to fill but that freed up money would be helpful.

They just need to bring in fresh blood but not bust up the team from every position.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash

Some stats :

The Raider defense finished 18th in yards allowed, 28th in points allowed.

In total, the Raiders gave up 5,672 total yards, defensively over the course of the entire season; they gave up 443 points over the whole season.

Why do I bring that up?

In the month of November, the Raiders played four games - Tampa, Baltimore, New Orleans and Denver - and they gave up 1,729 yards and 169 points in those four games.

In the month of November, the Raiders gave up 30% of their total yards and 38% of their total points allowed.

I'd love to know what went wrong in that month, defensively.

*ETA - A few additional thoughts :

- The Raiders gave up 5,672 yards in 2012. The defense, however, gave up 6,201 yards last year (2011) with Hue Jackson and Chuck Bresnahan.

With the losses of Stanford Routt and Kameron Wimbley - as well as injuries and decreased performance from Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly - you could argue that the defense improved under DA / Tarver despite having a less talented roster to work with.

- Also worth noting - the 2011 defense gave up 387.6 yards a game -- the 2012 Raiders gave up 354.3 yards per game.

^ Dennis Allen improved the defense by 30 yards a game, despite having a crap-tastic defensive secondary and a poor defensive line.

Considering how the team fell off the map in the month of November, it's somewhat surprising they came out ahead of their 2011 counterparts. Interesting.
    Last edited by Shred003; 12-31-2012 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    The only defensive stat that matters is points..giving up 27 28 points a game won't win you many

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I'd like to see Hagan stick around. I think he could really be developed with the right coaching staff.
    Hagan is what he is, there is nothing develop. He wont be on the 2013 roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I'd like for DHB to come back but at a massive pay cut, something in the ball park of 2 million or less. His work ethic is outstanding and must surely rub off on other players as they see him put in the work to get better.

Palmer should restructure, but even if he doesn't he should be brought back unless we want to pick #1 overall in 2014.

DMC should be kept regardless, we just have too many holes to fill to add to those problems. Say you do trade him for a pick, just to turn around and draft another running back...makes no sense.

I'd hope Seymour and Kelly would take some pay cuts, but if they refuse then cut thim without hesitation. That would leave big holes in the d-line to fill but that freed up money would be helpful.

They just need to bring in fresh blood but not bust up the team from every position.
    A 6th round RB just put up better numbers then DMC vet has, not to mention 20-30 other RB's in the league and you say it make no sense to draft a new RB?

DMC has missed 23 games in five years bro, so what is your plan when begets hurt next year, and the year after that? Point is....rookies everywhere are better then him.

I guess I just want a RB who produces more then 700 yards a season on average. That just makes sense to me....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    The only defensive stat that matters is points..giving up 27 28 points a game won't win you many
    There's a reason I singled out November.

In the month of November, the Raiders gave up 42.2 points a game.

For the rest of the season, in the other 12 games, Oakland gave up 22.8 / game.

Not great, but not terrible, either. 38% of the total points the team surrendered came in 4 games over the course of one month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    This is true, but the majority came in a short span. More often then not, the defense kept us in games this year, not the offense. It was obvious yesterday our CB's just cannot hang. Trade Carson Palmers co tract for two good CB's and we win yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    There's a reason I singled out November.

In the month of November, the Raiders gave up 42.2 points a game.

For the rest of the season, in the other 12 games, Oakland gave up 22.8 / game.

Not great, but not terrible, either. 38% of the total points the team surrendered came in 4 games over the course of one month.
    And as soon as we got rid of the cancer know as McClain, they improved. Gaither looked alot better in a short time which shows you Tarvers system is good if disciplined players stick to their gaps. Our run defense definately improved this year for the first time in a decade.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast