Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Live Chat :Raiders off-season moves Feb 27th w/ Steve Corkran

Raiders live chat: NFL draft, off-season moves, Mike Holmgren, Wednesday at noon

When are they going too let overpaid players go or did they restructure there contractsby Junior February 27 at 11:56 AM
    The Raiders still have plenty of time to do the necessary work. The typical order is to rework contracts first and then see how much more work needs to be done from there. Then, it's the right time to release players.by scorkran February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Is it likely Reggie and Palmer's agent anticipated this situation and already had a tentative agreement in place?by purvisman February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Absolutely. This isn't something that just crossed Reggie McKenzie's mind.by scorkran February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Every media person has assumed Seymours contract was voided by the Raiders, but I've never seen it verified. Don't they have to notify the NFL, who in turn would make it public?by purvisman February 27 at 11:57 AM
    It was built into the contract last year so that the deal would void. It happened. There's your official word.by scorkran February 27 at 11:58 AM
    Think we will dump Palmer and let Pryor take over?by TheGeneral February 27 at 11:58 AM
    No. If anything, assuming this scenario, with Palmer gone, the Raiders would bring in a veteran to start and be in position to take an even longer look at Pryor.by scorkran February 27 at 11:58 AM
    I hope that G. Smith is not a possibility, do you see it as a ploy to trade down?by ACONDO February 27 at 11:58 AM
    I still expect the Raiders to trade down. If they aren't successful, then I expect them to go heavy on offensive and defensive linemen throughout the draft, with a quarterback added along the way.by scorkran February 27 at 11:59 AM
    When should we expect mcClain to end up cut, and if he isn't gone after that is it an indication we may beconsidering restructuring to a 3/4 and attempting a rehab?by adds99 February 27 at 11:59 AM
    March 12.by scorkran February 27 at 11:59 AM
    Since we need to find a replacement D lineman for Seymour, a new linebacker to replace McClain, and a number one corner, which position would you address with our first round pick?by LB February 27 at 11:59 AM
    Given those three options, defensive tackle. Remember, the Raiders also might be without Tommy Kelly and Desmond Bryant, depending upon how things shake out, so they might have an even bigger need for interior linemen come draft day.by scorkran February 27 at 12:00 PM
    Welcome back Cork ! Any truth in the rumour you've been in Aruba with Aniston ?by Jon in UK February 27 at 12:00 PM
    Shhhhh. She's sensitive about that kind of stuff leaking to TMZ.by scorkran February 27 at 12:00 PM
    who's our firs pick if we keep it?by bob j February 27 at 12:01 PM
    Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Star Lotulelei.by scorkran February 27 at 12:01 PM
    Cork: Thanks for the chat! If Star Lotulelei's heart checks out medically, would be the kind of dominating force this defense needs? Dominating NTs don't come out every year, after all.by RaiderDuck February 27 at 12:01 PM
    It would be a great start. He can't do it alone, of course, but you have to start somewhere. He would be a great addition. Heck, the Raiders might be able to get him later in the first round, after trading down, if his heart condition scares off teams.by scorkran February 27 at 12:02 PM
    Who will be starting corners this year for Raiders? Are either on the current roster? Who is our number 1 target for corner help?by No Passing Zone February 27 at 12:02 PM
    Right now, don't see either on the roster right now.by scorkran February 27 at 12:02 PM
    What is the fantasy with Geno Smith? We need way more help at other positionsby Raider McD February 27 at 12:03 PM
    Everyone wants the next Kaepernick or RGIII.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    niners just became a possible trade partner..by raider fiend February 27 at 12:03 PM
    They are a trade partner for every other team. They currently have 15 picks in this year's draft.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    cork we need a talented veteran to help stabalize the secondry any ideas out thereby dokie williams February 27 at 12:03 PM
    There will be plenty once players are cut and trades are made.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    What would Holmgren's position be if hired? Who would he oversee?by utahraiderfan February 27 at 12:03 PM
    No one knows yet. Best guess is, he would assist McKenzie in the day-to-day operations and be a sounding board for coach Allen, at the least.by scorkran February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Chance Nhamdi or Woodson come back?by loyal February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Asomugha, yes. Woodson, no.by scorkran February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Do you think Reggie would take a chance on the honey badger in the later rounds?by TDE257 February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Sure, why not? Mathieu seems to have gotten the message that he can't behave the way he did in recent years.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Gun to your head, Tommy Kelly here?by bob j February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Nope.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    rrashaen mathis, trufant, porter...waay better FA class for DB than last yr...Porter had best yr under Allen and would come cheap this time around ...by raider fiend February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Agreed. Asomugha might join that list, too.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Hey Cork How can 15 plus picks crack that SF Solid Roster?? any chance they trade with us?by El Tigre February 27 at 12:05 PM
    They can't. That's why the 49ers will be happy to package some picks.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Reaction to Alex Smith trade to KC?by Me February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Makes the Chiefs better, though not a Super Bowl contender.by scorkran February 27 at 12:06 PM
    Why wasn't the T. Jones move done last year we more than needed the helpby Raider McD February 27 at 12:06 PM
    Great question. Bigger question: How can the Raiders decide Jones isn't an NFL-caliber running back without giving him a legitimate shot?by scorkran February 27 at 12:06 PMHonestly, I'm tired of the Raiders drafting, "maybe's", in the 1st round. They need to simply go after a for sure thing and that seems to be Fisher or Loechel. Agree?by Miguel February 27 at 12:06 PM
    < Oldest12345...Newest >

vCash
    This is just the first page ,you can read the rest at Oaklandtribune.com . Good questions and answers

vCash
    Interesting...LT or Star

vCash
    thanks!!!
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I'm still very high on picking up Star (Especially if we were able to trade down a few spots and pick up additional picks)! If we drafted him in the first and could some way manage to sign Dashon Goldson at safety in the offseason, I'd be an extremely happy Raider fan. Michael Huff could stay at CB#1 and Chimdi Chekwa could be CB#2. I think under DA, Chekwa can be coached up. In the 3rd round we could grab the best available DE or LB. IMO this would fill a lot of holes (Obviously not all of them) and revamp our defense. This would leave us with picks in the 4th, 6th, and two 7th rounders as it stands. Maybe, just maybe we could trade McClain for a 5th rounder (or later). Talent, as we've witnessed is available in the later rounds. Sign players for depth. I truly hope the Raiders focus on defense in the draft and free agency. I can only hope, but what do I know, I'm simply a monday morning QB/COACH.

Here's Star Lotulelei's highlight reel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2NFHqoFuMs
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    What is this ???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    This is just the first page ,you can read the rest at Oaklandtribune.com . Good questions and answers
    @Maxfly, it is the oaktrib, but the addy is http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders. They do a live chat on wednesdays or if you wanna follow him on Twitter (he puts all things raiders up, players tweets as well) at https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL
    just don't listen to tim kawakami from SJ Merc, he's a niner lover, Raider hater.

VOTE TIMMY IN!!

vCash
    I read dj williams lb from the donkeys might be comming over to play for us if he is let go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MALOSOS View Post
    I read dj williams lb from the donkeys might be comming over to play for us if he is let go!
    Speculation, simply because he has ties to DA. I'd take him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MALOSOS View Post
    link??
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-oakland-bound

This is the guy who got suspended for using "other than human urine" on a UA. Still seems like a starter and an upgrade to what we have. Played for DA as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dj-will...8665--nfl.html

VOTE TIMMY IN!!

vCash
    D.j. is a veteran.Anything is better than McClain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Raiders live chat: NFL draft, off-season moves, Mike Holmgren, Wednesday at noon

When are they going too let overpaid players go or did they restructure there contractsby Junior February 27 at 11:56 AM
    The Raiders still have plenty of time to do the necessary work. The typical order is to rework contracts first and then see how much more work needs to be done from there. Then, it's the right time to release players.by scorkran February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Is it likely Reggie and Palmer's agent anticipated this situation and already had a tentative agreement in place?by purvisman February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Absolutely. This isn't something that just crossed Reggie McKenzie's mind.by scorkran February 27 at 11:57 AM
    Every media person has assumed Seymours contract was voided by the Raiders, but I've never seen it verified. Don't they have to notify the NFL, who in turn would make it public?by purvisman February 27 at 11:57 AM
    It was built into the contract last year so that the deal would void. It happened. There's your official word.by scorkran February 27 at 11:58 AM
    Think we will dump Palmer and let Pryor take over?by TheGeneral February 27 at 11:58 AM
    No. If anything, assuming this scenario, with Palmer gone, the Raiders would bring in a veteran to start and be in position to take an even longer look at Pryor.by scorkran February 27 at 11:58 AM
    I hope that G. Smith is not a possibility, do you see it as a ploy to trade down?by ACONDO February 27 at 11:58 AM
    I still expect the Raiders to trade down. If they aren't successful, then I expect them to go heavy on offensive and defensive linemen throughout the draft, with a quarterback added along the way.by scorkran February 27 at 11:59 AM
    When should we expect mcClain to end up cut, and if he isn't gone after that is it an indication we may beconsidering restructuring to a 3/4 and attempting a rehab?by adds99 February 27 at 11:59 AM
    March 12.by scorkran February 27 at 11:59 AM
    Since we need to find a replacement D lineman for Seymour, a new linebacker to replace McClain, and a number one corner, which position would you address with our first round pick?by LB February 27 at 11:59 AM
    Given those three options, defensive tackle. Remember, the Raiders also might be without Tommy Kelly and Desmond Bryant, depending upon how things shake out, so they might have an even bigger need for interior linemen come draft day.by scorkran February 27 at 12:00 PM
    Welcome back Cork ! Any truth in the rumour you've been in Aruba with Aniston ?by Jon in UK February 27 at 12:00 PM
    Shhhhh. She's sensitive about that kind of stuff leaking to TMZ.by scorkran February 27 at 12:00 PM
    who's our firs pick if we keep it?by bob j February 27 at 12:01 PM
    Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Star Lotulelei.by scorkran February 27 at 12:01 PM
    Cork: Thanks for the chat! If Star Lotulelei's heart checks out medically, would be the kind of dominating force this defense needs? Dominating NTs don't come out every year, after all.by RaiderDuck February 27 at 12:01 PM
    It would be a great start. He can't do it alone, of course, but you have to start somewhere. He would be a great addition. Heck, the Raiders might be able to get him later in the first round, after trading down, if his heart condition scares off teams.by scorkran February 27 at 12:02 PM
    Who will be starting corners this year for Raiders? Are either on the current roster? Who is our number 1 target for corner help?by No Passing Zone February 27 at 12:02 PM
    Right now, don't see either on the roster right now.by scorkran February 27 at 12:02 PM
    What is the fantasy with Geno Smith? We need way more help at other positionsby Raider McD February 27 at 12:03 PM
    Everyone wants the next Kaepernick or RGIII.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    niners just became a possible trade partner..by raider fiend February 27 at 12:03 PM
    They are a trade partner for every other team. They currently have 15 picks in this year's draft.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    cork we need a talented veteran to help stabalize the secondry any ideas out thereby dokie williams February 27 at 12:03 PM
    There will be plenty once players are cut and trades are made.by scorkran February 27 at 12:03 PM
    What would Holmgren's position be if hired? Who would he oversee?by utahraiderfan February 27 at 12:03 PM
    No one knows yet. Best guess is, he would assist McKenzie in the day-to-day operations and be a sounding board for coach Allen, at the least.by scorkran February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Chance Nhamdi or Woodson come back?by loyal February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Asomugha, yes. Woodson, no.by scorkran February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Do you think Reggie would take a chance on the honey badger in the later rounds?by TDE257 February 27 at 12:04 PM
    Sure, why not? Mathieu seems to have gotten the message that he can't behave the way he did in recent years.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Gun to your head, Tommy Kelly here?by bob j February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Nope.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    rrashaen mathis, trufant, porter...waay better FA class for DB than last yr...Porter had best yr under Allen and would come cheap this time around ...by raider fiend February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Agreed. Asomugha might join that list, too.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Hey Cork How can 15 plus picks crack that SF Solid Roster?? any chance they trade with us?by El Tigre February 27 at 12:05 PM
    They can't. That's why the 49ers will be happy to package some picks.by scorkran February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Reaction to Alex Smith trade to KC?by Me February 27 at 12:05 PM
    Makes the Chiefs better, though not a Super Bowl contender.by scorkran February 27 at 12:06 PM
    Why wasn't the T. Jones move done last year we more than needed the helpby Raider McD February 27 at 12:06 PM
    Great question. Bigger question: How can the Raiders decide Jones isn't an NFL-caliber running back without giving him a legitimate shot?by scorkran February 27 at 12:06 PMHonestly, I'm tired of the Raiders drafting, "maybe's", in the 1st round. They need to simply go after a for sure thing and that seems to be Fisher or Loechel. Agree?by Miguel February 27 at 12:06 PM
    < Oldest12345...Newest >
    Sounds like Cork's been reading my posts.

I'm Your Huckleberry.