Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    its quite simple how you approach the draft, its called taking the best availible and our fan base to understand next year we will NOT compete, that being said I say we trade Harris for a 3rd if possible. and if somehow trade tebow for a 4th, I'll suggest moving down the draft trade our first to someone like tampa or the rams add on more picks, we arent getting the monster nose tackles we really need and the stud A&M tackles wont fall to us so moving down we can probably snag warmack
    If Hankins is there I will draft him at #9 since jenkins has been gone everyone has run all over or Rex turn us into a 4-3 already because we cant stop the run, draft best available we need talent because the holes in this team is quite the list, follow san fran and seattle build through the trenches thats how you win those big games, and thats why ground and pound fails

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    My vote is for Matt Barkley. I dont know what it is but something in the water at USC ensures that QB's are successful in the NFL.
    You wanna go for round 2 of usc qbs. I will pass,this qb draft is weak. Maybe take a shot with a 3rd or 4th, but we have to many other holes to get desperate and reach for a qb early

vCash
    Jets need to draft 2 offensive guards and a rt tackle in the the first day of the draft. Build the offensive line first and worry about weapons next year. We are in cap hell next season but will be a factor the following year when Sanchez/Holmes come off the books. We can't get the ball to our playmakers without a good interior line. Braylon and Hill are good enough since there is no way we are a playoff team next year anyway. We need to take a step back before we take several forward. I mean build with safe picks...lineman not a reach QB in a bad QB draft.

vCash
    I'm going to be really sad if we draft Chance Warmack with the 9th pick. Unless there's some ridiculous value on the board, I'd like us to stick to WR's/TE's/RB's for the first few rounds.

vCash
    Guards and right tackle are positions that can be addressed in mid rounds, the only lineman worth taking in the 1st rd is left tackle and we dont need that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'm going to be really sad if we draft Chance Warmack with the 9th pick. Unless there's some ridiculous value on the board, I'd like us to stick to WR's/TE's/RB's for the first few rounds.

vCash
    The problem I have with the bolded part is that there aren't top flight playmakers in this draft. There is one TE that will get picked in the 1st round, but you can't pick one in the top 10 unless he is the next Tony Gonzales. Running backs don't last long enough any more to warrant a high draft pick, and the WR class this year is considered weak. The Jets need to take BPA, which will probably be a pass rushing prospect.

vCash
    I wouldn't take a QB in the first round. They are not worthy, although I'm sure a few will be taken. Everybody will get all excited after seeing how Luck, Wilson, and RG3 performed. There's no QB that comes close to being as good as those 3. The Jets need to get an offensive player in the first round. It would probably be wise to trade down and stockpile many, many picks, which is something Tannebaum would never do. We are not going to be attractive to free agents, especially after this embarrassing season. I say we should grab an o-lineman in the first. We need to solidify that line. A guy like Joeckel or Matthews.

And to everyone wanting Alex Smith. I'm a Jets fan from San Francisco. Everybody over here knows that Smith can only survive with the perfect offensive coordinator. If they can get a guy like Norv Turner, then I'd be fine with Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    The problem I have with the bolded part is that there aren't top flight playmakers in this draft. There is one TE that will get picked in the 1st round, but you can't pick one in the top 10 unless he is the next Tony Gonzales. Running backs don't last long enough any more to warrant a high draft pick, and the WR class this year is considered weak. The Jets need to take BPA, which will probably be a pass rushing prospect.
    I don't think there are any WR's/TE's/RB's worth taking with that 9th pick, but we could always trade down. I like Robert Woods and Justin Hunter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe:24924216
    its quite simple how you approach the draft, its called taking the best availible and our fan base to understand next year we will NOT compete, that being said I say we trade Harris for a 3rd if possible. and if somehow trade tebow for a 4th, I'll suggest moving down the draft trade our first to someone like tampa or the rams add on more picks, we arent getting the monster nose tackles we really need and the stud A&M tackles wont fall to us so moving down we can probably snag warmack
    If Hankins is there I will draft him at #9 since jenkins has been gone everyone has run all over or Rex turn us into a 4-3 already because we cant stop the run, draft best available we need talent because the holes in this team is quite the list, follow san fran and seattle build through the trenches thats how you win those big games, and thats why ground and pound fails
    God I will lose it if we draft a dlineman in the first 3 years in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    The game is won in the trenches. In 2008, 2009, and 2010, we were winning because our dominance on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage.

I want to make a move into the top 5 for Damontre Moore because we desperately need a pass rusher. However, Hankins would be a solid replace for Pouha, who I think we should cut, if we can not get Moore.

The other move I like is trading down and taking Chance Warmack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69:24925179
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    The game is won in the trenches. In 2008, 2009, and 2010, we were winning because our dominance on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage.

I want to make a move into the top 5 for Damontre Moore because we desperately need a pass rusher. However, Hankins would be a solid replace for Pouha, who I think we should cut, if we can not get Moore.

The other move I like is trading down and taking Chance Warmack.
    After watching the jets this year you really came away thinking " boy we sure could use some help on the dline"?

Our offense was anemic, we have ZERO skill players, a terrible oline and if you feel like going D we have an old, slow lb corps and no safety under contract.

vCash
    I saw the only mock thats been updated today and they have us drafting Mike Glennon

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Trade back to the Rams pick from Washington in the 20s with the Rams 2nd and 3rd

Take Chance Warmack and with the next 4 picks take a RT, RB, QB, and another Guard

I'm liking Ande Ellingtonat the RB position.
    We don't need a RT!!
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    1 carry, 4 yards

vCash
    I don't really think there is anybody in the first round, at least at 9. Maybe if Lattimore didn't get hurt. There are some RBs at the end of the round but not top 10. I think you gotta go defense given the talent there, or trade down-- but theres a lot of guys that could go anywhere 1-9, and we can really get a talented player up here.

I'd love to get Te'o or a Barkevius in the first, and Eifert (TE) (perhaps double irish) in the second, that would be good. But I guess that all happens after FA so we'll see what holes we can plug first.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast