Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    The hardest part too is talking about the draft without knowing what will happen with Free Agency. I understand that Jets are going to be "Cap Strapped" this season, but let's say they were to manage to sign OLB Paul Kruger (I know pipe dream, but I use it to make a point), does OLB become as big of a need at #9 overall as before?

If the Jets manage to re-sign Landry and Bell, do you even consider a safety before round 4 or 5? But if they don't, how far up does that move given that your starting safeties at this point would be Josh Bush and Antonio Allen?

Or, if you sign Reggie Bush, do you even draft a RB? Or do you just go with Powell, McKnight, Bush and call it good enough?
    These are good points. Free Agency will obviously make a big impact on who gets drafted early. I think the big targets in Free Agency will be a starting guard, a safety, and a right tackle (Jets might want a RT that is more of a pass blocker). I think the Jets will grab a pass rusher at #9 even if Kruger is signed. This draft has too many guys that are considered big time pass rushing prospects.

By the way, when does free agency and roster cuts start?

vCash
    Watched some videos on Cordarrelle Patterson could be a possibility a dangerous playmaker what this team needs his big frame and speed causes a mismatch in coverages. I know Rex isn't a fan of drafting receivers early but I think the new GM may step on Rex's toes to show he has control over this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    These are good points. Free Agency will obviously make a big impact on who gets drafted early. I think the big targets in Free Agency will be a starting guard, a safety, and a right tackle (Jets might want a RT that is more of a pass blocker). I think the Jets will grab a pass rusher at #9 even if Kruger is signed. This draft has too many guys that are considered big time pass rushing prospects.

By the way, when does free agency and roster cuts start?
    The possibility is still intact as you mention as Kruger plays the strong side and we are going to release Thomas and Pace. But I'd be surprised if there's money available to sign a Kruger. They have to keep Landry or sign a safety as well as address #1 TE. Those MUST be filled with decent starters. Strong side OLB can be filled without breaking the bank. McIntyre is probably penciled in there as we speak. I'd love to have Kruger but this offseason isn't going to allow for big FA splashes. Next year we could be very different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    The possibility is still intact as you mention as Kruger plays the strong side and we are going to release Thomas and Pace. But I'd be surprised if there's money available to sign a Kruger. They have to keep Landry or sign a safety as well as address #1 TE. Those MUST be filled with decent starters. Strong side OLB can be filled without breaking the bank. McIntyre is probably penciled in there as we speak. I'd love to have Kruger but this offseason isn't going to allow for big FA splashes. Next year we could be very different.
    I agree with you John X Doe. I don't expect big splashes this off-season. I was just using Kruger as an example. If you got him, would 3-4 OLB become as big of a need as it would if you weren't able to sign a 3-4 OLB before the draft in Free Agency!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree with you John X Doe. I don't expect big splashes this off-season. I was just using Kruger as an example. If you got him, would 3-4 OLB become as big of a need as it would if you weren't able to sign a 3-4 OLB before the draft in Free Agency!
    While i wouldnt think we would make any 'big splashes'. Idzik said he thinks we will break the record for transactions in an offseason this year so.. I expect a lot of movement. cant wait for stuff to start happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    While i wouldnt think we would make any 'big splashes'. Idzik said he thinks we will break the record for transactions in an offseason this year so.. I expect a lot of movement. cant wait for stuff to start happening.
    Did he say that?

I know it's not a good thing that the team needs to break the record for number of transactions, but that will at least make for an interesting off season.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    I never seen that mentioned anywhere neither.. thats some good information because means i will have a lot of reading up to this off-season
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    The best thing for the Jets to do (barring a Revis trade that could really change many things) is trade down from #9 and pick up an extra 2nd round draft pick.

rd 1: LB Manti Te'o
    rd 2: (a) RB Lacey
    rd 2: (b) BPA

vCash
    I like this thread. Good to hear everyones thoughts on this. My simple opinion is that we have to and will use the first pick for a defensive beast. Yes, our offense needs big work but Rex Ryan always leads with defense and up front destruction is needed to help our great corners do a complete shutdown of offenses. No need to trade up and no need to trade back unless it's just a slot or two back to 10 or 11.

Defense all the way......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
    The best thing for the Jets to do (barring a Revis trade that could really change many things) is trade down from #9 and pick up an extra 2nd round draft pick.

If you want to use the logic of Billy Beane (the Moneyball guy), picking Manti Te'o would be a huge mistake. Using his words, he has "bad makeup". He is deeply religious, which would lead to him not being able to bond with his teammates if they go out drinking. He is also extremely simple minded which doesn't help.

I don't want him
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emoney View Post

I'm not a big fan of Te'o. If the Jets want a ILB in the 1st round, I think the Jets would be better off grabbing Ogletree or Minter. I like Lacey because of his running style and the fact that he doesn't have much wear and tear on him because he has split time every year. The only thing is I don't know if he fits the new offensive scheme because I don't know how well he catches the ball. Yeldon seemed to be in more often on passing downs than Lacey was.

vCash
    I dont want Te'o unless he falls to us in the 2nd.. I want that star guy, the BYU guy or warmack if possible in the the 1st round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    If you want to use the logic of Billy Beane (the Moneyball guy), picking Manti Te'o would be a huge mistake. Using his words, he has "bad makeup". He is deeply religious, which would lead to him not being able to bond with his teammates if they go out drinking. He is also extremely simple minded which doesn't help.

I don't want him

uh wtf bc he can't go out drinking don't see relevancy or accuracy
    wtf simple minded - graduated ND and aalmost won the heisman.

and wtf a baseball guy? why not just mention brad pitt
    "Andy Dalton is an average QB. Look at the Bengals offense, it's like Noah's ark. Two of everything."

vCash

I don't want him
    This makes absolutely no sense.

Yes Te'o had a bad bowl game but you don't just walk into 100+ tackles and 7 INTs as an ILB

vCash

I don't want him
    Maybe if the Jets keep Tebow, he'll have someone with whom to drink milk.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast