Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I say we take Te'o at 9 and try to pick up Geno in the second round. Geno is not a 1st round QB. Get a speed back/ game changer in the later rounds and OL too. The D is pretty solid if you bring back Landry. I think the steal of the draft is Mathieu. Maybe we can get him later.

Trade Sanchez and probably have to pick up part of his salary for a 4th or 5th
    Trade Tebow for a 4th....hopefully someone bites

vCash
    LOL at everyone saying Alex Smith........ you do realize we are in cap hell? And with sanchez on the roster we cant afford Smith plain and simple. And not to mention plenty QB hungry teams with more cash than us would love alex smith.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman1910 View Post
    I say we take Te'o at 9 and try to pick up Geno in the second round. Geno is not a 1st round QB. Get a speed back/ game changer in the later rounds and OL too. The D is pretty solid if you bring back Landry. I think the steal of the draft is Mathieu. Maybe we can get him later.

Trade Sanchez and probably have to pick up part of his salary for a 4th or 5th
    Trade Tebow for a 4th....hopefully someone bites
    No one in their right mind would trade a 4th for Sanchez.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    No one in their right mind would trade a 4th for Sanchez.
    I agree with you, but the Jets did trade a 4 and a 6 for Tebow. What exactly has Tebow done?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    send tebow and a 6 to jax to swap first round picks and draft Jarvis Jones. Warmack if hes still there in the 2nd. Lattimore will be good to go, id love him too. This offense needs a good run game. Greene would be a great complementary back like he was with T. Jones.

vCash
    No QB this class is worth taking in the 1st round. Jarvis Jones or bust in the 1st.

vCash
    No quarterbacks!!!! They all suck!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    No QB this class is worth taking in the 1st round. Jarvis Jones or bust in the 1st.
    Even with the spinal stenosis?

He could be there due to this affliction. I've read he has a mild form of this but other noted players had to retire early due to its physical limitations.

There are others who could fill in nicely at the 3-4 OLB but he's the best. I like Damontre Moore and Dion Jordan as well as Bjoern Werner. I'm not on the Mingo or Montgomery bandwagon - say no to LSU players until later rounds. A good player will be available at #9 since several teams will be taking QB's. Unlike every mock draft, I believe Detroit MUST and will take a CB (Milliner). They can't stop the pass at all and Cutler and Rodgers continue eating them alive. An OT will go high. Hopefully Teo goes high. This will drop one of the 3-4 OLB's we need (finally).

I agree with the QB opinion and hope this takes away suitors from potentially signing Alex Smith. He's our guy IMO no matter what. Give a pick for whoever will take Sanchez and part of his salary. We must have Smith - a perfect fit for this team IMO.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-31-2012 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post

He could be there due to this affliction. I've read he has a mild form of this but other noted players had to retire early due to its physical limitations.

There are others who could fill in nicely at the 3-4 OLB but he's the best. I like Damontre Moore and Dion Jordan as well as Bjoern Werner. I'm not on the Mingo or Montgomery bandwagon - say no to LSU players until later rounds. A good player will be available at #9 since several teams will be taking QB's. Unlike every mock draft, I believe Detroit MUST and will take a CB (Milliner). They can't stop the pass at all and Cutler and Rodgers continue eating them alive. An OT will go high. Hopefully Teo goes high. This will drop one of the 3-4 OLB's we need (finally).

I agree with the QB opinion and hope this takes away suitors from potentially signing Alex Smith. He's our guy IMO no matter what. Give a pick for whoever will take Sanchez and part of his salary. We must have Smith - a perfect fit for this team IMO.
    my hatred for all things fsu has never been understated. just ask nate2usmc!

having said that, werner is going to be an ANIMAL at the next level. i would take him in a heartbeat. i just don't think we will, given we just took coples, who is pretty similar to him.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash

There are others who could fill in nicely at the 3-4 OLB but he's the best. I like Damontre Moore and Dion Jordan as well as Bjoern Werner. I'm not on the Mingo or Montgomery bandwagon - say no to LSU players until later rounds. A good player will be available at #9 since several teams will be taking QB's. Unlike every mock draft, I believe Detroit MUST and will take a CB (Milliner). They can't stop the pass at all and Cutler and Rodgers continue eating them alive.

Yeah the Spinal Stenosis is scary but I'd love it if they take a risk. He can have an immediate impact on the field. As much as I'd love him to be a lifer as expected by a Top 10 pick, Cro and Revis arent getting younger. Let's say he even gives the Jets 4 good years, that would be incredible. Sorry to get off topic but speaking of Revis, I think his leverage has lowered due to the injury, the Jets still being a Top 5 pass defense without him and Nnamdi playing well below his worth. Could be a blessing in disguise unless some idiotic team pays him a boatload.

My man Bjoern would be incredible on the Jets but I think Cleveland will nab him.

I agree with the Alex Smith opinion. I didnt like the sound of him being here but the turnovers have been killing the offense and he can negate those. As much as I'd like a WR or RB, I'm satisfied with this group. OLB, Safety and QB must be addressed this season.
    Last edited by nate2usmc; 12-31-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Jets pass defense was 2nd. Even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree with you, but the Jets did trade a 4 and a 6 for Tebow. What exactly has Tebow done?
    That was following a year when Tebow took a 1-5 team to the playoffs by going 8-2 down the stretch and won a playoff game.

Sanchez story this year is far far far from that...not even considering the cap hit which is 1.7M for Tebow last year vs 8.2M this year if not mistaken

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

having said that, werner is going to be an ANIMAL at the next level. i would take him in a heartbeat. i just don't think we will, given we just took coples, who is pretty similar to him.
    Werner only goes 255. He's not big enough to play DE in the 3-4. I would love to pair him with Paul Kruger on the opposite 3-4 OLB side. This would give this defense the jump-start it finally needs and also give us better pursuit laterally which has been the achilles heel of the defense. I would also upgrade Eric Smith's position for the same reason. These long plays must be minimized.

vCash
    Werner only goes 255. He's not big enough to play DE in the 3-4. I would love to pair him with Paul Kruger on the opposite 3-4 OLB side. This would give this defense the jump-start it finally needs and also give us better pursuit laterally which has been the achilles heel of the defense. I would also upgrade Eric Smith's position for the same reason. These long plays must be minimized.
    i suspect he's going to bulk up for the NFL since his coverage skills aren't nearly as good as his rushing skills. either way, i'd definitely be happy if we took him, regardless where we want to play him.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

I know.

Agreed the Jets won't because of Coples. Maybe.

vCash
    Lattimore and Mathieu will both be steals if we can take them after the 1st.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast