Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    We need instant starters not projects or guys with potential
    I agree. No projects, definitely an emphasis on polish. Its going to take shrewd moves -- and its crappy that we have so many holes and that free agency comes before the draft. It looks like slim pickins too in this FA class and there's no telling what positions we'll pick up as depth in the draft. They're going to need to hit on a draft pick or two right away (not including #9, I don't think its a hit if you get a starter, I think its a miss if you don't) and pluck a starter from a cap casualty before training camp.
    **** justin verlander and **** colin hanks for kind of looking like him.

vCash
    Here's my wish list

Round 1: Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia, Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame or Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
    Round 2: Gio Bernard RB North Carolina or Eddie Lacey RB Alabama
    Round 3: Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    Round 4: Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma
    Round 5: Michael Williams TE Alabama
    Round 6: Matt Scott QB Arizona
    Round 7: Brad Wing P LSU
    This is a good list of players. If the Jets grab a ILB in the 1st round, I would rather the Jets grab Kevin Minter over Te'o. I think Minter has way more potential than Te'o.

vCash
    Looks like Cleveland is switching to a 3-4 defense. Which means Jones & Mingo probably wont be available.

So I guess Warmack will suffice

vCash
    ^Rumor is they want mallet and are willing to trade the #6 to get him. Was posted in the NFL forum

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    ^Rumor is they want mallet and are willing to trade the #6 to get him. Was posted in the NFL forum
    whaaaaaat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    cleveland will pillage is thatd happen

vCash
    Damn, 6 is pricy (I guess) but Mallett is a very good QB prospect. I would love for him to be a Yet, but that is not going to happen.

vCash
    All this talk of Warmack btw...Jonathan Cooper is going to give him stiff competition as the best G in this class. Cooper is an animal, and could have given DeCastro a run for his money last year. Best athlete of the three and it might not even be close if he does what I think he can do at the combine. Guy is going to be flying up internet boards from Feb-April, and is already a legitimate first round guard.

vCash
    Some other notes, Tony Pauline from DraftInsider (best damn draft site out there) had this to say about my mid-round QB pick Zac Dysert:

decent arm- not a great arm...lgreat head, intangibles, accuracy...dare i say it??? a lot like Chad Pennington (whom i liked)....
    Currently has him as a 3rd rounder, which sounds about right to me.

Prepare your overreactions to the name Chad Pennington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Some other notes, Tony Pauline from DraftInsider (best damn draft site out there) had this to say about my mid-round QB pick Zac Dysert:

Currently has him as a 3rd rounder, which sounds about right to me.

Prepare your overreactions to the name Chad Pennington.
    Decent arms don't make all throws.
    Ask Chad Pennington and Greg McElroy.

No overreaction needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Decent arms don't make all throws.
    Ask Chad Pennington and Greg McElroy.

No overreaction needed.
    Pennington (post injuries) and McElroy did/do not have decent arms. Knew 100% going in the kind of reaction the Pennington name would get.

Anyone who has actually seen Dysert rather than say, just saw his name and realize they don't know who he is or what school he plays for, would know that there is arm there. It's not Cutler or RG3, but there's arm to play at the NFL level.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-20-2013 at 12:34 AM.

vCash
    You have to think west cost offense. The west coast offense doesn't require a big arm. It requires accuracy and fundamentals. Montana didn't have a big arm. He was accurate and worked his *** off on footwork and timing. The same can be Said for rice. He ran perfect routes and worked his *** off. That is why Pennington was a perfect fit for hackett's west coast offense before he destroyed his shoulder. He was accurate, had great footwork, and could go though his progressions. That was why people would compare Pennington to Montana. He just couldn't stay healthy. He also ruined his shoulder because he wanted to finish a playoff run rather than shut it down and fix it

vCash
    Here's my wish list

Round 1: Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia, Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame or Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
    Round 2: Gio Bernard RB North Carolina or Eddie Lacey RB Alabama
    Round 3: Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    Round 4: Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma
    Round 5: Michael Williams TE Alabama
    Round 6: Matt Scott QB Arizona
    Round 7: Brad Wing P LSU
    Round 1: I would like either Mingo / Jones at 9 - Jordan is injured and can be had later if trading down
    Round 2 : OT - Kyle Long / Oday Aboushi
    Round 3 : OLB Brandon Jenkins (injury meant he missed a season and is value here)
    Round 4 : Jawan Jamison RB
    Round 5 : Michael Williams TE
    Round 6 : Blaize Foltz OG TCU - had very good Shrine showing
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=OG
    Round 7: Cooper Taylor S Richmond
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS

Realistically 2013 is a rebuilding ear as the Jets need to replace in the region of 12 starters and improve their depth.

Taking 2 OLBs and a Safety would address key issues the defense faces - old slow OLBs
    Last edited by irishjetsfan; 01-20-2013 at 08:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishjetsfan View Post
    Round 1: I would like either Mingo / Jones at 9 - Jordan is injured and can be had later if trading down
    Round 2 : OT - Kyle Long / Oday Aboushi
    Round 3 : OLB Brandon Jenkins (injury meant he missed a season and is value here)
    Round 4 : Jawan Jamison RB
    Round 5 : Michael Williams TE
    Round 6 : Blaize Foltz OG TCU - had very good Shrine showing
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=OG
    Round 7: Cooper Taylor S Richmond
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS

Realistically 2013 is a rebuilding ear as the Jets need to replace in the region of 12 starters and improve their depth.

Taking 2 OLBs and a Safety would address key issues the defense faces - old slow OLBs
    Considering that there's no WR in that draft, I would be concerned if the Jets do that. The can go out and get one or two solid WR's through trades or FA, but they need to rebuild that position from within. Holmes will be gone after next year, and Kerley will likely become too expensive to keep after 2014 when his rookie contract expires.

Look at the Giants as an example of how to build a receiving corp. Draft at least one every year, and develop them slowly. Then as they get good and expensive, let them go into FA, and keep the revolving door going.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Considering that there's no WR in that draft, I would be concerned if the Jets do that. The can go out and get one or two solid WR's through trades or FA, but they need to rebuild that position from within. Holmes will be gone after next year, and Kerley will likely become too expensive to keep after 2014 when his rookie contract expires.

Look at the Giants as an example of how to build a receiving corp. Draft at least one every year, and develop them slowly. Then as they get good and expensive, let them go into FA, and keep the revolving door going.
    When I look at their WR corps, assuming a healthy Santonio and Braylon back along with Kerley and Hill, I like all 4 of those guys. I don't see room for a 5th guy other than a small signing or a late draft pick .... but still feel like there is something missing. I think that gap is Stephen Hill and whether or not he's worth the 2nd round pick -- and thats what he's gotta prove this year.

Just seeing Edwards out there, a guy that can actually go up and make a play on a ball is a great thing to have. He's poised for a comeback if he stays healthy. This year we had guys that could only catch it if it hit them in the numbers -- and sometimes it still bounced up into a DB's hands.

Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast