Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So you don't understand why a team would take him when you said for yourself that he did very well in the game.

Ansah not only destroyed everyone during the game, all reports out of practice were that he did the same there too.

The only thing Ansah doesn't have is experience, if he had came up through high school and started all 4 years at Alabama with the same numbers he put up this year, he'd be talked about as the 1st or 2nd DE/OLB of the board.

He just doesn't have the field experience, but he does have the size/speed, will, ability and motor to be very good.

Inexperienced, but not raw.

When I look at his game, he plays alot like Chandler Jones, but maybe more athletic.

Ansah is intriguing to say the least, but I'd still go JJones and Mingo before him if their available.
    I agree with you that he has a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind picking him later in the 1st round, but I wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick. He has raw ability, but lacks football knowledge which could cause him to be a situational player for a couple of years. I read that someone at the Senior Bowl asked him if a preferred a 2, 3, or 4 point stance to rush the passer, and he didn't know what the person was talking about. I don't think the Jets can afford to use a top 10 pick on a guy that is this far behind the curve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I agree with you that he has a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind picking him later in the 1st round, but I wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick. He has raw ability, but lacks football knowledge which could cause him to be a situational player for a couple of years. I read that someone at the Senior Bowl asked him if a preferred a 2, 3, or 4 point stance to rush the passer, and he didn't know what the person was talking about. I don't think the Jets can afford to use a top 10 pick on a guy that is this far behind the curve.
    Or is he so far ahead of the curve, because he is this good with such a limited understanding of the game?
    Raw? Yeah, but if we pass and he becomes a beast everyone will point to it as proof we can't draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Or is he so far ahead of the curve, because he is this good with such a limited understanding of the game?
    Raw? Yeah, but if we pass and he becomes a beast everyone will point to it as proof we can't draft.
    That's why the combines will matter such much to a player like him, he could go either way.

I think the Jets should have some good fallback options in case there is a quicker run on OLBs than most seem to think, but it's not like he won't at least be considered.

vCash
    Yeah I feel like my teams, Knicks and Jets are always like one or two picks behind however deep the can't miss picks are. I feel like we'd have to go back in time and hire Rick Kotite to make this pick for us.

vCash
    A player I will keep my eye on when the Jets draft is Kevin Minter from LSU. There is no way the Jets draft him at #9, but if they trade back in the draft, he could be their target. He is the best middle linebacker in this draft and could end up being one of the top ILB in the NFL in a couple of years.

vCash
    Slow and slightly undersized, no thanks. I perfer Te'o who is smart and athletic.
    Last edited by Net Warrior; 02-03-2013 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Net Warrior View Post
    Slow and slightly undersized, no thanks. I perfer Te'o who is smart and athletic.
    Him and his imaginary girlfriend come as a package deal lol

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Net Warrior View Post
    Man I'm a huge notre dame fan but Cris Carter said it right.

He fell for a [now dude] on the internet? Haha, wait til he has NFL money, am i right Key?
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Him and his imaginary girlfriend come as a package deal lol
    Lol can't believe you went there!

I am really starting to zero in on Mingo as the pick. Now my worry is that he has no shot at making it there without some luck.

vCash
    I'm really liking Barrett Jones. I hope he is there for us in the 2nd. His versatility and high level of performance at each position is really intriguing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I'm really liking Barrett Jones. I hope he is there for us in the 2nd. His versatility and high level of performance at each position is really intriguing
    To me, this is a far more suitable option than Warmack at 9. Jones is smaller and more athletic which might be a better fit in this new offense. Plus you can get a pass rusher earlier.

vCash
    Jones has a legit shot in the first as a C. If he can be had in the second I would take that over Warmack any day.

vCash
    I think the most important thing we need to think about when making our biggest decisions in this years draft (1st and 2nd round pick) is how much of a difference is there between what you can draft and what you can find in FA/Trades. The biggest positions that we need to fill are the starting positions. What comes to mind immidiatly is, LG, RG, SS, FS, potentially DT, OLB, HBs. So when approaching this #9 you have to see what you can get, knowing all the other things that need to be addressed. Will it be more difficult to find decent LBs or OG's? It SHOULD be easier to find a OG but every year is different. What positions can we find outside of the draft? With little money we have to fill positions the draft can find you 1-2 starters you hope, but for the jets we may need 3-5 out of this draft. Which is a bit unrealistic. If you draft Warmack than you give up getting a stud OLB. And visa versa. There are some decent o line prospects that are potentially available outside of #9. And there are less "stud" LBs in the later rounds so maybe that coupled with the financial aspect of it, makes the Jets to pick their favorite OLB prospect @#9.

But then you need to either trade up a bit and grab a gaurd like Jonathan Cooper. Doing that we could fill 2 starting spots with our first two picks. But we also need safety help. So maybe knowing we look to go 1.OLB 2.OG you try really hard to sign Landry (before the draft) and then lean on antonio allen and josh bush to cover the other safety spot. Then you let E Smith walk. Right there that kind of solves, SS,FS LG, OLB.

But maybe to do all this you have to trade cromartie to get some extra picks and save the cap space. Then i would love to see us trade for a guy like Matt Flynn and all of a sudden you have a team again. Maybe draft a WR prospect. Definetly need more OL depth and even DT. If you let Sione go that saves 3.5 mil but that could change what we do @9. If Star L. falls at 9 do you then decide to let Sione go and immiditly fill the spot for 10 years? While it would work out nicely, keeping sinoe is simple enough and financially feasable enough that I think we're better off looking to fill other holes that have NO backup plan.

And then lets not forget finding RB's this year. I really think Reggie Bush would fit nicely. Really coming into his own the past 2 years and is a better fit for our system than any RB on the roster. Maybe you draft a guy you like in mid rnds.

Theres just so much to think about i just hope the jets dont reach for a guy and just pick the guy they think has the chance to be the most successful at the NFL level and not risk it on a pick like E. Ansah whos a big project. We need to find a stud not a project with potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    I think the most important thing we need to think about when making our biggest decisions in this years draft (1st and 2nd round pick) is how much of a difference is there between what you can draft and what you can find in FA/Trades. The biggest positions that we need to fill are the starting positions. What comes to mind immidiatly is, LG, RG, SS, FS, potentially DT, OLB, HBs. So when approaching this #9 you have to see what you can get, knowing all the other things that need to be addressed. Will it be more difficult to find decent LBs or OG's? It SHOULD be easier to find a OG but every year is different. What positions can we find outside of the draft? With little money we have to fill positions the draft can find you 1-2 starters you hope, but for the jets we may need 3-5 out of this draft. Which is a bit unrealistic. If you draft Warmack than you give up getting a stud OLB. And visa versa. There are some decent o line prospects that are potentially available outside of #9. And there are less "stud" LBs in the later rounds so maybe that coupled with the financial aspect of it, makes the Jets to pick their favorite OLB prospect @#9.

But then you need to either trade up a bit and grab a gaurd like Jonathan Cooper. Doing that we could fill 2 starting spots with our first two picks. But we also need safety help. So maybe knowing we look to go 1.OLB 2.OG you try really hard to sign Landry (before the draft) and then lean on antonio allen and josh bush to cover the other safety spot. Then you let E Smith walk. Right there that kind of solves, SS,FS LG, OLB.

But maybe to do all this you have to trade cromartie to get some extra picks and save the cap space. Then i would love to see us trade for a guy like Matt Flynn and all of a sudden you have a team again. Maybe draft a WR prospect. Definetly need more OL depth and even DT. If you let Sione go that saves 3.5 mil but that could change what we do @9. If Star L. falls at 9 do you then decide to let Sione go and immiditly fill the spot for 10 years? While it would work out nicely, keeping sinoe is simple enough and financially feasable enough that I think we're better off looking to fill other holes that have NO backup plan.

And then lets not forget finding RB's this year. I really think Reggie Bush would fit nicely. Really coming into his own the past 2 years and is a better fit for our system than any RB on the roster. Maybe you draft a guy you like in mid rnds.

Theres just so much to think about i just hope the jets dont reach for a guy and just pick the guy they think has the chance to be the most successful at the NFL level and not risk it on a pick like E. Ansah whos a big project. We need to find a stud not a project with potential.
    The hardest part too is talking about the draft without knowing what will happen with Free Agency. I understand that Jets are going to be "Cap Strapped" this season, but let's say they were to manage to sign OLB Paul Kruger (I know pipe dream, but I use it to make a point), does OLB become as big of a need at #9 overall as before?

If the Jets manage to re-sign Landry and Bell, do you even consider a safety before round 4 or 5? But if they don't, how far up does that move given that your starting safeties at this point would be Josh Bush and Antonio Allen?

Or, if you sign Reggie Bush, do you even draft a RB? Or do you just go with Powell, McKnight, Bush and call it good enough?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    The hardest part too is talking about the draft without knowing what will happen with Free Agency. I understand that Jets are going to be "Cap Strapped" this season, but let's say they were to manage to sign OLB Paul Kruger (I know pipe dream, but I use it to make a point), does OLB become as big of a need at #9 overall as before?

If the Jets manage to re-sign Landry and Bell, do you even consider a safety before round 4 or 5? But if they don't, how far up does that move given that your starting safeties at this point would be Josh Bush and Antonio Allen?

Or, if you sign Reggie Bush, do you even draft a RB? Or do you just go with Powell, McKnight, Bush and call it good enough?
    Considering the fact that we are cash strapped and are in dire need of cap space I see alot of our holes being filled Via draft. I think the only resign is Landry, and that would be smart and lets be honest.....

Keller can be replaced
    Greene..... uhhh need I say more?
    Pace, Scott, Smith, Jason Smith..... Really dont need to make a comment.

Trades....
    I think tebow gets traded just to pick up a pick. I know you guys are all thinking we will just cut him and see you later. But he should still have a little bit of value and a 7th from a team in need of a "QB" can be reached.

Revis or Cromartie- I think one of these guys move and to be honest Cro is the most logical, revis would be a big cap charge but would generate the most trade value. I'm torn here because I love both guys but we are in rebuild mode and we cant tie up that much money in Cb's.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast