Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I like Andre Ellington in the 3rd for a RB. Don't know if he can handle NFL abuse but the man has some moves

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=fqg-B...%3Dfqg-Bvosp-M
    The Jets were first seen at the Senior Bowl speaking with Stepfan Taylor from Stanford who could be there in the 3rd. A bit more rugged, solid blocker and receiver. Not as fast as Ellington.

vCash
    Taylor might be the best bet for a Ray Rice type back in this draft. Love that he was such a horse in college.

vCash
    I highly doubt he lasts to the 3rd though. Even at his position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Warmack, Barrett Jones, Andre Ellington, sign a real RT, Holmes returns, Keller and Braylon resign and this offense shouldn't be horrible even with Sanchez.
    if that is what our draft looks like i would be estatic!! bring the bama line to new york and a rb to run behind them.. get a qb in the 4th to help push system
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I've seen some mock drafts recently that are projecting the Jets to grab Ezekiel Ansah from BYU at #9. He is a good athlete, but I think that is a major reach because of how big of a project he is going to be. What does everyone else think of him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I've seen some mock drafts recently that are projecting the Jets to grab Ezekiel Ansah from BYU at #9. He is a good athlete, but I think that is a major reach because of how big of a project he is going to be. What does everyone else think of him?
    When I see words like athlete & freakish & project & reach I think Gholston. We need to be as sure as we can be with this pick. Minimize the risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    When I see words like athlete & freakish & project & reach I think Gholston. We need to be as sure as we can be with this pick. Minimize the risk.
    Even though Ansah hasn't played the sport for long, he's not really a project, he's just inexperienced.
    He's more JPP than VGholston.

Ansah is going to be one of the guys to keep an eye on at the combine, if he shows out he could go top 10, if not he could drop into the bottom half of the 1st, but no ones denies his effort, and that was the biggest question mark on VGholston.

vCash
    After the Senior Bowl, he's a legitimate pick for the Jets. He'd have to play the strong side weighing in at 274. If the Jets were intent on addressing the pass rush, they'd get Barwin in FA and nab Ansah in the 1st. And kiss pass rushing issues goodbye along with better pursuit in the running game on each edge.
    He's not a speed guy by any stretch but active, athletic and relentless. He's flying up boards and with a good combine will pass over many of those initially projected in the top half of the 1st round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    After the Senior Bowl, he's a legitimate pick for the Jets. He'd have to play the strong side weighing in at 274. If the Jets were intent on addressing the pass rush, they'd get Barwin in FA and nab Ansah in the 1st. And kiss pass rushing issues goodbye along with better pursuit in the running game on each edge.
    He's not a speed guy by any stretch but active, athletic and relentless. He's flying up boards and with a good combine will pass over many of those initially projected in the top half of the 1st round.
    Players that fly up the draft board after the combine scare me. If player X was so good, why didn't anyone talk about player X prior to the combine? I hate when people look at a fast 40 yd dash and assume he is going to be a great skilled position player. The combine should only be a small part of the evaluation process.

vCash
    Players that fly up the draft board after the combine scare me. If player X was so good, why didn't anyone talk about player X prior to the combine? I hate when people look at a fast 40 yd dash and assume he is going to be a great skilled position player. The combine should only be a small part of the evaluation process.
    This is true but alot of players don't get the noterity before the combine.

I agree about the 40, it only really pertains to a couple of positions and OLB/DE isn't one of them, in all actuality I'm more concerned with their 10 yd break.

But the combine is helpful for the Chris Johnson's of the world, that can proof they have elite talent although they did not come from the top collegiate programs, or even players that come from the top programs but may not be considered the elite cream of the crop, they can show that they can hang with the best as solid contributors.

I prefer game speed to track speed, VBurflict is a good example of that, and players like VGholston are great workout/combine warriors but look at their total body of work and it's probably not surprising that he didn't succeed as a NFL player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    This is true but alot of players don't get the noterity before the combine.

I agree about the 40, it only really pertains to a couple of positions and OLB/DE isn't one of them, in all actuality I'm more concerned with their 10 yd break.

But the combine is helpful for the Chris Johnson's of the world, that can proof they have elite talent although they did not come from the top collegiate programs, or even players that come from the top programs but may not be considered the elite cream of the crop, they can show that they can hang with the best as solid contributors.

I prefer game speed to track speed, VBurflict is a good example of that, and players like VGholston are great workout/combine warriors but look at their total body of work and it's probably not surprising that he didn't succeed as a NFL player.
    Exactly, small school players need the combine to prove they have the talent to play in the NFL.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    ajgmc59, I have said that for years. I find it hard to believe that a guy projected in round 3 has a solid couple days in Indianapolis and all of a sudden, we are now talking about him in the early-mid 1st round. I don't buy it and more times than not, those type players end up being busts.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    ajgmc59, I have said that for years. I find it hard to believe that a guy projected in round 3 has a solid couple days in Indianapolis and all of a sudden, we are now talking about him in the early-mid 1st round. I don't buy it and more times than not, those type players end up being busts.
    I seriously doubt that most of them become busts, because you find more busts in people that were projected to go in the 1st and 2nd and weren't able to deliver.

Combines are great for affirmation, but game speed and production means more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    The only thing I use the combine for is to get an accurate recording of a player's size and to find out about small school players that I haven't watched before. I don't understand how a team can draft a player like Ansah from BYU at the top of the 1st round because he is supposed to have a great combine. Every time I watched the Senior Bowl practices, he would get manhandled by the better tackle prospects (Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher) in 1-on-1 drills. When he lined up against players with bad footwork or players that will be switching to guard (Oday Aboushi from Virginia) he would win with his speed. He was much better during the game though. I just don't like drafting players that blow up the combine, but don't show up on film.

vCash
    The only thing I use the combine for is to get an accurate recording of a player's size and to find out about small school players that I haven't watched before. I don't understand how a team can draft a player like Ansah from BYU at the top of the 1st round because he is supposed to have a great combine. Every time I watched the Senior Bowl practices, he would get manhandled by the better tackle prospects (Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher) in 1-on-1 drills. When he lined up against players with bad footwork or players that will be switching to guard (Oday Aboushi from Virginia) he would win with his speed. He was much better during the game though. I just don't like drafting players that blow up the combine, but don't show up on film.
    So you don't understand why a team would take him when you said for yourself that he did very well in the game.

Ansah not only destroyed everyone during the game, all reports out of practice were that he did the same there too.

The only thing Ansah doesn't have is experience, if he had came up through high school and started all 4 years at Alabama with the same numbers he put up this year, he'd be talked about as the 1st or 2nd DE/OLB of the board.

He just doesn't have the field experience, but he does have the size/speed, will, ability and motor to be very good.

Inexperienced, but not raw.

When I look at his game, he plays alot like Chandler Jones, but maybe more athletic.

Ansah is intriguing to say the least, but I'd still go JJones and Mingo before him if their available.

Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast