Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    But he was nowhere in the Alabama game.
    To the tune of 2 sacks, 3 TFL, a FF, and 6 TKLs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    He's right still. Bama couldn't see him
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    That is honestly shocking to me. I watched the whole game and it just looked to me like he wasn't doing anything. But to be fair, he definitely wasn't doing much as Alabama was running all over that Georgia D, including a couple of long runs right past Jones.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 01-29-2013 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    That is honestly shocking to me. I watched the whole game and it just looked to me like he wasn't doing anything. But to be fair, he definitely wasn't doing much as Alabama was running all over that Georgia D, including a couple of long runs right past Jones.
    No one is drafting Jones to stop the run. The Jets have plenty of guys who can do that. I see very little logic in not drafting Jones because his team couldn't do anything against the best team in the country. He's by far the best pass rusher in the draft, and fits what the Jets need. If he didn't have the ss issue he would be the favorite for 9. t
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-29-2013 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    People on here need to be fair about Mingo and JJones against the Alabama OL.

The Alabama OL is a group of monsters led by Chance Warmack who made the face of the most popular collegiate football program disappear in the national championship.
    Add on to the fact that their TE MWilliams is regarded as the best blocking TE in the draft as well.

Mingo and JJones are capable against the run, but neither of them (nor any LB in college) can withstand Alabama's running onslaught for long.

vCash
    I really think we need to trade back and pickup and extra second round pick somehow.

We need a RB, TE, G, QB and OLB. This is going to be a very interesting draft.

At running back I really like Lacy if available in the second round. If not I would take a serious look at Kenjon Barner in a later round. He can bring some athleticism to the position which we have been lacking.

I really don't think we should stay at 9.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I say keep revis, deal with Sanchez, and go qb next year

vCash
    Manziel, bridgewater,boyd,mccarron, and logan thomas are all guys I am good with

vCash
    Taking vacarro and trying to win 13-10 each week is fine for '13

vCash
    QB in '14. We simply cant miss. The choices will be better. I am certain about that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I really think we need to trade back and pickup and extra second round pick somehow.

We need a RB, TE, G, QB and OLB. This is going to be a very interesting draft.

At running back I really like Lacy if available in the second round. If not I would take a serious look at Kenjon Barner in a later round. He can bring some athleticism to the position which we have been lacking.

I really don't think we should stay at 9.
    Agreed. At least for now. Unless there's a "can't miss" guy at #9 come April, I think we need to move back and pick up some extra picks. Clearly depth is a major issue on this team and since there are multiple holes, it would be nice to have a 1st rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders, a 3rd rounder, etc. Hopefully someone will be wanting to trade up though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I realize that but when has it ever stopped teams from taking a QB top 10 who was a "reach" there?
    Just because other teams do it, doesn't make it right. The Jets should be smart with their picks in the draft.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    We need a sure thing at 9 since we’ll never be in the top 10 again under Idzak/Rex/Mornh. No QB in this draft is a sure thing. Depending on how things play out with resigning Moore and Slauson we should take either Warmack or the best OLB available at 9. We should not waste a valuable draft pick on any of these jag QB’s out this year. I’d take a flyer on Jeff Tuel in the 7th round.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...8384/jeff-tuel

Let him, MS, and some jag FA battle it out for the starting QB spot. The plan…..draft a stud WCO friendly RB and the two best available WCO friendly TE’s with our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks. Spend 5th and 6th on LB’s. Either they rehab Sanchez or one of these other QB’s steps up to get us to 9-7 with a punchers chance at the post season.

vCash
    I like Andre Ellington in the 3rd for a RB. Don't know if he can handle NFL abuse but the man has some moves

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=fqg-B...%3Dfqg-Bvosp-M

vCash
    Warmack, Barrett Jones, Andre Ellington, sign a real RT, Holmes returns, Keller and Braylon resign and this offense shouldn't be horrible even with Sanchez.

Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast