Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1081
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    That logic is flawed it really is, why take a qb with a 3rd round grade 9th overall because you need one? Its actually quite simple, just because QB is a need doesnt mean we have to take them 9th overall just to ensure that we get him. There are plenty of QB's taken late that work out, so QB at 9 is the dumbest move possible.
    No there aren't, just look at the thread I made a few weeks ago as evidence of that. The vast majority of QB's taken after the first round are complete dog ****.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I realize that but when has it ever stopped teams from taking a QB top 10 who was a "reach" there?
    The "reach" you are talking about is like 2 rounds........ all those Qb's have second or third round grades and should be drafted there. Not to mention none of them had strong senior bowls and havnt really impressed. Taking Glennon or Nassib or any of those guys with the #9 overall is just stupid on every level.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    No there aren't, just look at the thread I made a few weeks ago as evidence of that. The vast majority of QB's taken after the first round are complete dog ****.
    That goes with any QB you take having a chance at being do ****, my point was why would we take a 3rd round prospect with #9 overall. You clearly missed the point there bud, and there are cases where late round Qb's work out. Not as much as them failing but you can say the same with guys taken in the first round too so what point are you trying to get at?

    Regardless of where we take them if they fail they fail, just doesn't make sense to reach just because we need one. Especially reach that high for something that is very very uncertain.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    7,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation;25250548However if you like Von Miller, then you'll like Jarvis Jones. They have similar styles of play as elite edge-rushers who also are strong pursuit run-defense linebackers. Jones had 85 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 24.5 tackles for a loss, seven forced fumbles, three passes broken up and one interception in 2012. He finished the year strong with two sacks against Nebraska and announced he will skip his final collegiate season to enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
    .
    Lol you neglected the first paragraph

    "1/28/13: At the East-West Shrine, scouts told WalterFootball.com that Jones would slide on draft day because they believe he will test poorly before the draft and isn't a hard worker in the weight room. The scouts said that watching the game tape, Jones is worthy of being a top draft pick, but they don't believe he will go that high. Given that Jones doesn't attack the weight room, I had to slide him down some on my big board. "
    THE GOAT

    Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.


    The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

    50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    That goes with any QB you take having a chance at being do ****, my point was why would we take a 3rd round prospect with #9 overall. You clearly missed the point there bud, and there are cases where late round Qb's work out. Not as much as them failing but you can say the same with guys taken in the first round too so what point are you trying to get at?

    Regardless of where we take them if they fail they fail, just doesn't make sense to reach just because we need one. Especially reach that high for something that is very very uncertain.
    Teams reach for QB's all the time because you are almost never going to regret passing on a guy unless it's a QB. The Raiders could have had Calvin Johnson, but what good would he do them? The Jaguars passed on Watt for Gabbert, but does Watt really make the team that much better? The point is, the QB position is so important that it's worth taking a guy even if he might fail if you think he has a decent shot of being good. A lot of people thought the Falcons were making a mistake by taking Ryan at 3, same with the Ravens taking Flacco. A good QB trumps all else.

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Teams reach for QB's all the time because you are almost never going to regret passing on a guy unless it's a QB. The Raiders could have had Calvin Johnson, but what good would he do them? The Jaguars passed on Watt for Gabbert, but does Watt really make the team that much better? The point is, the QB position is so important that it's worth taking a guy even if he might fail if you think he has a decent shot of being good. A lot of people thought the Falcons were making a mistake by taking Ryan at 3, same with the Ravens taking Flacco. A good QB trumps all else.
    I understand that, but if a QB your targeting can be had in the second round you dont draft him #9 overall. That was my entire point, im not sure if you understood what I was getting at.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I understand that, but if a QB your targeting can be had in the second round you dont draft him #9 overall. That was my entire point, im not sure if you understood what I was getting at.
    I get what you're saying, but the reason that no good QB's can be had in the later rounds is because if a team thinks they've found a good one, they take him early and don't care what the round is. For example, if the Jets think Zac Dysert is going to be a top 10 QB, you take him with the 9th pick and don't look back. Nobody is going to care what round you took him in if you're right, and if you're wrong the non-QB you were going to take won't have made much of a difference anyways.

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but the reason that no good QB's can be had in the later rounds is because if a team thinks they've found a good one, they take him early and don't care what the round is. For example, if the Jets think Zac Dysert is going to be a top 10 QB, you take him with the 9th pick and don't look back. Nobody is going to care what round you took him in if you're right, and if you're wrong the non-QB you were going to take won't have made much of a difference anyways.
    I think there are better players who will make an immediate impact at #9 than any of the second tier Qb's. I guess im alone in thinking the jets shouldnt draft a QB top ten who really should be a late second or third round pick.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think there are better players who will make an immediate impact at #9 than any of the second tier Qb's. I guess im alone in thinking the jets shouldnt draft a QB top ten who really should be a late second or third round pick.
    If the Jets draft a QB with the 9th pick, then it's because their professional scouts have OK'd it. And if that's the case I can't say I have much issue with it. Quarterbacks just don't play under the same set of rules as everybody else, both literally and figuratively.

    However, I'm not convinced right now that there's a non-Geno Smith QB worth taking with the 9th pick.

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    If the Jets draft a QB with the 9th pick, then it's because their professional scouts have OK'd it. And if that's the case I can't say I have much issue with it. Quarterbacks just don't play under the same set of rules as everybody else, both literally and figuratively.

    However, I'm not convinced right now that there's a non-Geno Smith QB worth taking with the 9th pick.
    Should have just said that from the beginning hahaha, thats exactly what i'm thinking.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,285
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I list those QB's not based on success/failure but based on being reached for. My point is it does not matter where you grade out as a QB almost every single one will be a reach because they make the NFL go.
    Definitely with you on that one.

    Then suffice to say -- non-QB projects should never be drafted in the first round.

    I think just about every QB is going to fly off the board 1-2 rounds ahead of schedule.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    If the Jets draft a QB with the 9th pick, then it's because their professional scouts have OK'd it. And if that's the case I can't say I have much issue with it. Quarterbacks just don't play under the same set of rules as everybody else, both literally and figuratively.

    However, I'm not convinced right now that there's a non-Geno Smith QB worth taking with the 9th pick.
    This is where I stare down several people on here.
    First of all, I completely agree that I don't see a non-Geno Smith QB worth taking at #9.

    But it's your 1st and 2nd sentence that puts me at odds with some people on here.

    If the Jets were to draft a QB at 9 that's not someone I see as a fit, then I will have an issue with it.

    Just because the teams scouts (or to use a word that someone else has said "experts") agree on a player doesn't mean that we armchair quarterbacks must consider it the right move.

    In fact I believe having that kind of blind non-questioning attitude makes one's viewpoints and opinion no better than the most minute peon. (not referring to you per say)

    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Ken O'Brien over Marino (as did the fans).
    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp (as did the fans).
    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Johnny Mitchell, Marvin Jones and Mike Nugent.
    And I don't care what the team scouts (excuse me) "experts" were thinking, at the time I felt they were bad moves.

    Putting unquestioning believe in the scouts/experts doesn't make them right, it just makes you a blind follower, instead of a mindful, thinking, armchair QBing voice that's capable of deciding whether you feel the team is making proper moves or not to your satisfaction.

    Next time a person stands in front of you inside a NYC pizzaria, goes up to the register and doesn't order anything and continually sizes the menu up and down (especially when the menu hasn't changed in 20 years), how long would it be until someone behind you says "hey hurry the f up".

    Be loud and proud, the NY way.


  13. #598
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Definitely with you on that one.

    Then suffice to say -- non-QB projects should never be drafted in the first round.

    I think just about every QB is going to fly off the board 1-2 rounds ahead of schedule.
    Lol got it, we are making the same point. Qbs like glennon have a 2nd or 3rd round grade we all agree, but I will bet anyone they go in the first that is just the way it works in todays NFL.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    This is where I stare down several people on here.
    First of all, I completely agree that I don't see a non-Geno Smith QB worth taking at #9.

    But it's your 1st and 2nd sentence that puts me at odds with some people on here.

    If the Jets were to draft a QB at 9 that's not someone I see as a fit, then I will have an issue with it.

    Just because the teams scouts (or to use a word that someone else has said "experts") agree on a player doesn't mean that we armchair quarterbacks must consider it the right move.

    In fact I believe having that kind of blind non-questioning attitude makes one's viewpoints and opinion no better than the most minute peon. (not referring to you per say)

    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Ken O'Brien over Marino (as did the fans).
    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp (as did the fans).
    I had an issue with it when the Jets drafted Johnny Mitchell, Marvin Jones and Mike Nugent.
    And I don't care what the team scouts (excuse me) "experts" were thinking, at the time I felt they were bad moves.

    Putting unquestioning believe in the scouts/experts doesn't make them right, it just makes you a blind follower, instead of a mindful, thinking, armchair QBing voice that's capable of deciding whether you feel the team is making proper moves or not to your satisfaction.

    Next time a person stands in front of you inside a NYC pizzaria, goes up to the register and doesn't order anything and continually sizes the menu up and down (especially when the menu hasn't changed in 20 years), how long would it be until someone behind you says "hey hurry the f up".

    Be loud and proud, the NY way.
    I didn't mean to come off as saying you can't disagree with the pick. I'd be a huge hypocrite if I said that, because I've doubted the Jets picks many, many times. But if the Jets take a QB at 9 overall, there's a reason for it. I believe there are several quarterbacks with the ability to be good in this draft, even though you really don't have any slam dunk guys after Geno, and even he has some big question marks. So if the Jets do take someone like Glennon (who I have stated several times I'm not a fan of), I'll be upset initially but I'll at least give him a shot to succeed before jumping off any bridges.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 01-29-2013 at 07:16 PM.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,368
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I didn't mean to come off as saying you can't disagree with the pick. I'd be a huge hypocrite if I said that, because I've doubted the Jets picks many, many times. But if the Jets take a QB at 9 overall, there's a reason for it. I believe there are several quarterbacks with the ability to be good in this draft, even though you really don't have any slam dunk guys after Geno, and even he has some big question marks. So if the Jets do take someone like Glennon (who I have stated several times I'm not a fan of), I'll be upset initially but I'll at least give him a shot to succeed before jumping off any bridges.
    Fair enough.

    But I would tend to believe unless Geno lands at 9, there's really not much of a difference between the 2nd tier QBs.
    It's just a matter of which one do you think will best fit your system, so after an initial run on about 3 QBs in the 1st round, I'd expect the Jets to still land a decent one in the 2nd.

    It just would be nice to get the passrusher at 9 this team has lacked for many, many years, if Geno isn't available.

    Kind of surprised TWilson's arm turned sour on him, because I thought his arm was legit.
    Still though, combines will be here before we know it, and that will send some QBs souring up the boards.


Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •