Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have stated this earlier but will say it again, the closer we creep to April, the moves we make, the news we see out there etc. I am really thinking we are going to take a QB in the 1st if "our guy" is there. Our guy is anyone guess but I feel that if Smith or Glennon are there at 9 they will be taken.

vCash
    I was watching Jarvis Jones play, that dude is everywhere.
    He has to be a nightmare to plan against.

If he is there, which I doubt, he has to be taken.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

But he was nowhere in the Alabama game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    I have stated this earlier but will say it again, the closer we creep to April, the moves we make, the news we see out there etc. I am really thinking we are going to take a QB in the 1st if "our guy" is there. Our guy is anyone guess but I feel that if Smith or Glennon are there at 9 they will be taken.
    As magoo says I wouldnt take a QB #9 unless he is an elite prospect with no holes or negatives in his game. Theres no Luck or RG3 there, I wouldn't even think about drafting QB at 9.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Someone said this before and its a perfect stance to take. You never, under any circumstances take a project with a first round pick.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

I'm hearing he doesn't hit the weight room, that combined with his back issues makes me want to stay away from him. If you have to go defense, Moore and Werner are the two guys u need to look at. Moore, especially, he looks like a perennial 10 sack guy.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    As magoo says I wouldnt take a QB #9 unless he is an elite prospect with no holes or negatives in his game. Theres no Luck or RG3 there, I wouldn't even think about drafting QB at 9.
    and I agree with that theory but we all know that is not reality and not how the NFL works. If it did then Ryan Tannehill certainly would not have been a 6th overall pick last year, Christian Ponder a 14th overall the year before, Locker, Gabbert the list is a mile long.

The NFL is a QB driven league and bottom line is we dont have one, thus making it our biggest need. We will see how this plays out, but just because we feel like there are no "elite prospect with no holes or negatives in his game" if that even exists by the way, does not mean that they dont have them rated higher than anyone else on their draft board, thus making them the pick you know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Someone said this before and its a perfect stance to take. You never, under any circumstances take a project with a first round pick.
    but you realize no NFL team shares your opinion on that? How many NFL ready prospects in your estimation are available each year? A guy who is going to come in and start day one no questions asked because of his talent level, not becuase they team drafting him doesnt have anyone better? Some projects dont work - Gholston and some do - JPP.

vCash
    and I agree with that theory but we all know that is not reality and not how the NFL works. If it did then Ryan Tannehill certainly would not have been a 6th overall pick last year, Christian Ponder a 14th overall the year before, Locker, Gabbert the list is a mile long.

The NFL is a QB driven league and bottom line is we dont have one, thus making it our biggest need. We will see how this plays out, but just because we feel like there are no "elite prospect with no holes or negatives in his game" if that even exists by the way, does not mean that they dont have them rated higher than anyone else on their draft board, thus making them the pick you know?
    That logic is flawed it really is, why take a qb with a 3rd round grade 9th overall because you need one? Its actually quite simple, just because QB is a need doesnt mean we have to take them 9th overall just to ensure that we get him. There are plenty of QB's taken late that work out, so QB at 9 is the dumbest move possible.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

There have been more top 10's who busted than have become stars. It's a waste of a pick unless you're getting an elite college QB who projects well in the NFL.

Pick the best player on the board at the time, especially in the top 10. The only exception to this rule is when there is another player slightly lower on the board who fits a need. If you're going to take a lesser talent just to draft a QB, then trade down and get an extra pick.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    I'm hearing he doesn't hit the weight room, that combined with his back issues makes me want to stay away from him. If you have to go defense, Moore and Werner are the two guys u need to look at. Moore, especially, he looks like a perennial 10 sack guy.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013bigboard.php
    However if you like Von Miller, then you'll like Jarvis Jones. They have similar styles of play as elite edge-rushers who also are strong pursuit run-defense linebackers. Jones had 85 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 24.5 tackles for a loss, seven forced fumbles, three passes broken up and one interception in 2012. He finished the year strong with two sacks against Nebraska and announced he will skip his final collegiate season to enter the 2013 NFL Draft.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    You just listed all of the after thoughts from the last 2 draft classes. I think that strengthens his point.
    I hear there's another QB coming out of USC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    That logic is flawed it really is, why take a qb with a 3rd round grade 9th overall because you need one? Its actually quite simple, just because QB is a need doesnt mean we have to take them 9th overall just to ensure that we get him. There are plenty of QB's taken late that work out, so QB at 9 is the dumbest move possible.
    Then why does every single NFL team do it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    There have been more top 10's who busted than have become stars. It's a waste of a pick unless you're getting an elite college QB who projects well in the NFL.

Pick the best player on the board at the time, especially in the top 10. The only exception to this rule is when there is another player slightly lower on the board who fits a need. If you're going to take a lesser talent just to draft a QB, then trade down and get an extra pick.
    I realize that but when has it ever stopped teams from taking a QB top 10 who was a "reach" there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You just listed all of the after thoughts from the last 2 draft classes. I think that strengthens his point.

I hear there's another QB coming out of USC.
    I list those QB's not based on success/failure but based on being reached for. My point is it does not matter where you grade out as a QB almost every single one will be a reach because they make the NFL go.

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast