Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    In a perfect world Sanchez becomes Brady, Manning, Rodgers and we win the SB the next 5 years
    "That's the way, uhuh, uhuh, I like it, uhuh, uhuh!" - YIKES - where's that come from.....ahaa!!!!!!!!

"Do a little dance, Make a little love, get down to night!"

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    It has been reported by Cimini that "a mole in Mobile" said the Jet's Brass (Idzik, REX, and scout(s)) spent a great deal of time with UNC Mike Glennon. They (I) love his size and arm strength, but after that, my love starts to wane, and my skepticism starts to soar.

Senior Bowl stats: 8-16, 82 yards, 0/0 - TD/INT. He had some really bad throws although the entire North QBs were under considerable pressure, and he was the only one who didn't actually get sacked - BUT that 50% completion makes me CRINGE, because his 2012 completion % was only 58.5% with 31 TDs but 17 INTs - OUCH! - and situationally - he has the exact same (58.5%) completion rate on 3rd and 4-6 to go - and his overall 3rd down % is 56.7%. These stats are all worse than his 2011 stats with a 62.5% completion rate (61.7% on 3rd down), the same 31 TDs, but only 12 INTs.

He is, at best, a project, but he looks more promising - to me - than the rest of those guys.

As far as Zach Dysert is concerned. He may have had one of the weakest surrounding casts his Senior Year - but he hasn't done himself any favors lately especially during Senior Bowl week, and in the game - he looked a lot worse (to me) than 10-16, 93 yards with 1 TD/1 INT and 2 sacks. He is a "sad sack," as he was sacked an average of over 3 times/game during this past season.

www.nfldraftscout.com - with has been around a long time, and has been extremely good, as they start reporting as underclassmen - have Dysert of a 4-5 round pick (so far), and have him ranked 9th out of 143 QBs.

Here is, I think, as accurate description, AFTER the Senior Bowl, "01/24/13 - 2013 Senior Bowl, Quarterbacks...6. Zac Dysert, Miami (OH). While he has good size, his arm has been the most inconsistent of any player here. Of all the quarterbacks he's the one who has made the least amount of impressive throws during the week. He's not consistent throwing downfield which makes him a liability at the next level. The feeling here is that teams would rather try and develop one of the other quarterbacks listed above before Dysert. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Here's a similar look @ Mike Glennon - who might go in the 2nd round. I SHOULD'VE SAID THAT I DON'T SEE US SPENDING A 1ST ROUND PICK ON A QB - and even a 2nd is a stretch - but who knows?

"01/24/13 - 2013 Senior Bowl, Quarterbacks...3. Mike Glennon, North Carolina State. After three days there's pretty much no denying that he has a strong arm. That's not to say he's wholly consistent or mobile and that keeps him from being complete. Everything you've seen and read about him being a statuesque pocket passer is true and concerns about his accuracy down the middle of the field and being frenetic when under pressure are valid. There's work to be done on him but the consensus is that his arm has potential and that might be enough for a team to fall in love with him with a Top-30 pick. I wouldn't call him great but this is where he ranks among the group in Mobile. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Glennon - 6'6.5" - 220 shows room for putting on muscle - I think he has huge bust potential as well, and he seems like he could a taller Kellen Clemens, and that's not a good thing to me.

Tyler Wilson - 6'2" - 218 - projected 1-2nd round - will probably end up going higher - but not on my board! He has run a 4.78 40, but that;s nothing because Sanchez ran a 4.65 - 4.81, @ 6'2" - and I hope Wilson can use it better than Mark did - ALTHOUGH - I would love to see Earweg, and David Lee (if it was Roth, at least he might rock!) completely be able to pull a 180 degree turn around with Sanchez - but I'm not even going to think about it, although we surely will get a chance to watch them try - bet on it!

"Tyler Wilson, Arkansas. Wilson has been the most consistent and has the smoothest mechanics, so if I had to pick one of the quarterbacks to start a game for my team, he would be the guy. He bounced back from a Monday practice that included a gross interception to have a more consistent practice Tuesday while flashing a good arm. Wednesday's work was also mostly good, especially when working to his tight ends. Wilson didn't take a ton of chances and it resulted in a lot of completions. It feels like he's a bit more of a playmaker with experience in a pro offense and that's enough to make him the best passer here. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Well - that's my 2 cents on the Senior Bowl QBs

Probably a smart kove by Geno Smith for not coming to the Senior Bowl - chicken-squat, but smart - when you're the #1 prospect, but it is very tentative (very very very tentative) compared to last years guys - you do as little as possible to let people change their minds, unless you have to - and nobody at the Senior Bowl put any pressure on him. G. Smith will keep his work-outs to the most controlled environment as possible - smart (chicken-liver, but smart)!

I just don't see us doing any "reaching" this year, especially with a guy like Smith (although if Idzik, Earweg, D. Lee, and scouts fall for him - what am I going to say? - GOOG LUCK, and GO GENO!)

GO JETS!!!
    Thanks a lot for the update on QB's. That's good stuff.

I'm hoping they pass on that position this year in the draft - no pun intended. Next year's got to be better even knowing a rookie holding the clipboard all year could benefit in learning Marty's system.

vCash
    I think a lot of you guys are underrating Nassib. IMO, he is at worst the 5th best QB in this draft class. Him and Glennon are neck and neck in my book. I wasn't too impressed with Glennon's senior bowl or bowl game however. I have found out that you either are really high on Nassib or not. I have hear many people call him the 2nd best QB in the draft while others view him as the 7th or 8th.

Personally, my favorite QB in the whole class is Wilson. I think that if Wilson makes it passed the top 10, then there is a legitimate chance he falls to us in the 2nd. Although I know many of you are against drafting a QB in the top 2 rounds, Wilson in the 2nd would be a very good pick IMO all though I would love Bernard.

Ultimately, I am hoping we end up with either Wilson or Nassib. I wouldn't mind Glennon, but I would be against drafting him in the 2nd. The only guy I want in the 2nd is Wilson. I think Nassib definitely could be there in the 3rd which I would like.

I am hoping that our draft looks like:

1st- Mingo/Jones/Moore
    2nd- RT/Bernard/Lacy/Wilson
    3rd- Nassib/OL

vCash
    Tyler Bray is the best QB prospect in this draft and is the only one I would consider drafting. However, I'm hoping our QB situation looks like this next season and them we draft a QB early in next years draft.

2013/2014 NYJ QB:

#1. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez
    #2. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez
    #3. Greg McElroy

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Tyler Bray is the best QB prospect in this draft and is the only one I would consider drafting. However, I'm hoping our QB situation looks like this next season and them we draft a QB early in next years draft.

2013/2014 NYJ QB:

#1. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez
    #2. Matt Moore/Mark Sanchez
    #3. Greg McElroy
    Agree with this, but if Glennon is available in the 3rd, I would take him. I generally liked what I saw in the Senior Bowl, and the 3rd is a good spot for a project. I think his upside is to become Flacco like. We can always trade him if we end up with a high pick (Bridgewater, etc.) next year. If Glennon is not there, I would probably like to take a flyer on Landry Jones in a later round, maybe the 5th?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    I think a lot of you guys are underrating Nassib. IMO, he is at worst the 5th best QB in this draft class. Him and Glennon are neck and neck in my book. I wasn't too impressed with Glennon's senior bowl or bowl game however. I have found out that you either are really high on Nassib or not. I have hear many people call him the 2nd best QB in the draft while others view him as the 7th or 8th.

Personally, my favorite QB in the whole class is Wilson. I think that if Wilson makes it passed the top 10, then there is a legitimate chance he falls to us in the 2nd. Although I know many of you are against drafting a QB in the top 2 rounds, Wilson in the 2nd would be a very good pick IMO all though I would love Bernard.

Ultimately, I am hoping we end up with either Wilson or Nassib. I wouldn't mind Glennon, but I would be against drafting him in the 2nd. The only guy I want in the 2nd is Wilson. I think Nassib definitely could be there in the 3rd which I would like.

1st- Mingo/Jones/Moore
    3rd- Nassib/OL
    At least one source among others disagree on Nassib as follows:

Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
    As Charlie Campbell noted earlier during the week in his Senior Bowl Rumors post, scouts were disappointed with Ryan Nassib all week. DraftCountdown's Shane Hallam agreed: "Struggled all week at planting his front foot and driving the ball even when coached individually about it." This carried over into the game, as Nassib made a poor decision and tossed a pick following a low snap. Nassib did nothing positive of note, finishing 4-of-10 for 44 yards and the interception.

Here's another on Wilson:

Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    Tyler Wilson looked like a right-handed version of Matt Leinart in the Senior Bowl. He spent most of his time checking down, and his one deep attempt died in the air and was nearly picked off. This was only one throw, but scouts already had reservations about his deep ball heading into the Senior Bowl, so this only validated their concerns. It's tough to imagine Wilson going in the first round now. He finished 8-of-11, but for only 39 yards.

On Manuel:

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    E.J. Manuel was the top quarterback in the Senior Bowl, leading the South team to all 21 of its points. Manuel, who went 7-of-10 for 76 yards, one touchdown and an interception, dropped in a beautiful touch pass to Michael Williams for a 20-yard score. He also rushed four times for 10 yards on the ground and a second touchdown. The pick wasn't his fault; it came on a tip on a fourth down, so the South squad would have given up possession anyway. Mike Mayock said that he was hearing third- and fourth-round grades for Manuel, which means the Florida State product will be going in Rounds 2-3 because quarterbacks are usually chosen earlier than anticipated.

We'll see what Marty sees in this class of QB's as I would think he would weigh heavily on his guy to run his offense. I think such speculation is fruitless.
    According to this source, Manuel was the most impressive with none of the others being remarkable. He flashes an ability to run similar to Russell Wilson.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post

1st- Mingo/Jones/Moore
    3rd- Nassib/OL
    Ive been a huge Nassib fan that would be the qb I draft if we indeed intend to draft one but I dont know I think rex is going to have a huge say in who we are drafting since he has hired our last two OC so im guess Manuel would be his guy and I absolutely would hate that picl the guy has bust written all over

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    theres a story on rotoworld stating that its highly unlikely the Chiefs take a QB with the first pick. the only other team i think would take a QB before us is Buffalo and you have to think since Marrone is the coach there now they would take Nassib over Geno. if Geno is there at #9, do we take him?
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    theres a story on rotoworld stating that its highly unlikely the Chiefs take a QB with the first pick. the only other team i think would take a QB before us is Buffalo and you have to think since Marrone is the coach there now they would take Nassib over Geno. if Geno is there at #9, do we take him?
    My opinion is very similar to what it was in 2009. I would not use the #9 pick on any QB who does not appear to be an elite NFL QB.

A top 10 pick should be used on an NFL ready player IMO. When teams use such a high pick on a player who isn't NFL ready, they often force him into playing before he's ready. Not everyone has the mental makeup to fail before they taste success.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    My opinion is very similar to what it was in 2009. I would not use the #9 pick on any QB who does not appear to be an elite NFL QB.

A top 10 pick should be used on an NFL ready player IMO. When teams use such a high pick on a player who isn't NFL ready, they often force him into playing before he's ready. Not everyone has the mental makeup to fail before they taste success.
    I totally agree with this! No reaching - please! I don't even mind if someone else takes one of those QBs right after us - and they become a stud (well..er...hmmm....I'm not so sure about that.....), but truly, unless a someone explodes in the upcoming months - and even that sucks because no one has really shown greatness on the field over their careers, so I don't really care about a few good pre-draft months!

I don't want to spend another top-10 draft-pick if there is a reasonable chance that they will suck!

The only reason Russell Wilson went in the 3rd round was his "lack of stature." There wasn't any question of the kids arm strength, accuracy, leadership and athleticism in his Senior year @ Wisconsin - 72.8% completion, 3175 passing yards (338 rushing), with a Y/A of 10.3, 33 TDs and 4 (JUST FOUR) INTs. What is interesting is - his 1st 3 years @ NC State - he had very similar completion %, Y/A, and TD/INT ratio, etc, as Mike Glennon has had over his last 2 years, and one might ask - is Glennon handicapped by NC State, and would the monster-boy's numbers go up, even somewhat, like Wilson's did if Glennon was in a similar situation - ALTHOUGH - despite another strong year by Monte Ball - none of the Wisconsin QBs this year (a Senior - Phillips, and a Junior - O'Brien) came close to what Wilson did, although Fresman - Joel Stave was the closest with over 1/2 of Wisconsin's passing yards for the year - despite throwing nearly 50 passes fewer than the others - and had a 9.28 Y/A, 6 TD/3 INT, and a completion of 58.8% - a HUGE difference was the loss of Nick Toon to the NFL in '11 - he had 25 more receptions in 2011 than Wisconsin's top pass catcher in 2012 - just trying to level the field a little - although it's probably more confusing and BS'ing than anything else.

Why did't I just stop with - I agree with Mr. Magoo - no high 1st round picks for ???? rookie QBs. (Why - because I'm just not that smart)

Hey, you never know!

GO JETS!!!
    Last edited by jetsfansince'67; 01-28-2013 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I totally agree with this! No reaching - please! I don't even mind if someone else takes one of those QBs right after us - and they become a stud (well..er...hmmm....I'm not so sure about that.....), but truly, unless a someone explodes in the upcoming months - and even that sucks because no one has really shown greatness on the field over their careers, so I don't really care about a few good pre-draft months!

I don't want to spend another top-10 draft-pick if there is a reasonable chance that they will suck!

The only reason Russell Wilson went in the 3rd round was his "lack of stature." There wasn't any question of the kids arm strength, accuracy, leadership and athleticism in his Senior year @ Wisconsin - 72.8% completion, 3175 passing yards (338 rushing), with a Y/A of 10.3, 33 TDs and 4 (JUST FOUR) INTs. What is interesting is - his 1st 3 years @ NC State - he had very similar completion %, Y/A, and TD/INT ratio, etc, as Mike Glennon has had over his last 2 years, and one might ask - is Glennon handicapped by NC State, and would the monster-boy's numbers go up, even somewhat, like Wilson's did if Glennon was in a similar situation - ALTHOUGH - despite another strong year by Monte Ball - none of the Wisconsin QBs this year (a Senior - Phillips, and a Junior - O'Brien) came close to what Wilson did, although Fresman - Joel Stave was the closest with over 1/2 of Wisconsin's passing yards for the year - despite throwing nearly 50 passes fewer than the others - and had a 9.28 Y/A, 6 TD/3 INT, and a completion of 58.8% - a HUGE difference was the loss of Nick Toon to the NFL in '11 - he had 25 more receptions in 2011 than Wisconsin's top pass catcher in 2012 - just trying to level the field a little - although it's probably more confusing and BS'ing than anything else.

Why did't I just stop with - I agree with Mr. Magoo - no high 1st round picks for ???? rookie QBs. (Why - because I'm just not that smart)

Hey, you never know!

GO JETS!!!
    I'll tell you why. Because that's not who you are. You have a lot on your mind, and should share it with pride.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I'll tell you why. Because that's not who you are. You have a lot on your mind, and should share it with pride.
    Except when it comes to guys like me. Then he changes his tune.

Anyhoo, just a stat that many might or might not be aware of is Geno Smith threw for 42 TD's and only 6 INT's. The joker threw 25 TD's before throwing his 1st INT. Wow! That's impressive for any QB in any league to accomplish. He may not be the reach some are calling for come April after the combine and pro days. Very good discipline shown for a college QB. I'm not sure Sanchez could accomplish such a feat even if he played a season in college today. And Geno can run with the ball and utilize this pistol offense that is freezing defenses.

I bet KC takes him in spite of the Rotoworld report and I'm not sure HOW they determined this anyway. Andy Reid should take him and keep Bowe paired with Jamaal Charles and they'll be scoring points again.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnclss View Post
    If Geno is at #9, then YES the Jets take him, as he is the only QB that is polished enough to potentially come in day 1 and put a team on his shoulders, despite a learning curve.

No other QB other than Geno belongs in the top 20, but that's not to say another QB won't find their way in.

Fortunately at 9, Geno is more than a value pick and the Jets would have a QB to build with, but it's still doubtful he'll last to #9.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-28-2013 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    Getting Geno would be awsome but the Chiefs would be on some serious dope to let him slide, and if the Chiefs let him go the Cards will pick him up. I'd like Mingo, we are good on linebackers with Harris and we should see more out of Demario this upcoming year. Mingo could be our version of Von Miller, Aldon Smith. And that height at 6'5 for an OLB... Thats who I want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I bet KC takes him in spite of the Rotoworld report and I'm not sure HOW they determined this anyway. Andy Reid should take him and keep Bowe paired with Jamaal Charles and they'll be scoring points again.
    shhh...they might read this

Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast