Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    The Jets would be better served drafting guys for the offense and address their defensive needs in FA
    No offensive players worth #9, other than that theres some good 2-5th round prospects

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I saw a mock with Star falling to us and nearly sallvated on my mac, thatd be great

vCash
    I hope you guys are watching the Senior Bowl because Zac Dysert looks like ****. First drive, strip sack which was recovered by the offense and two plays later picked off for an almost TD. Second drive looked very inaccurate. Therefore, why don't you guys watch tape before saying you want a guy. Clearly hype is why you wanted him.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    I hope you guys are watching the Senior Bowl because Zac Dysert looks like ****. First drive, strip sack which was recovered by the offense and two plays later picked off for an almost TD. Second drive looked very inaccurate. Therefore, why don't you guys watch tape before saying you want a guy. Clearly hype is why you wanted him.
    #Science

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    You are telling us to watch tape but yet your basing this off 1 game?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    You can get a list of who jets interview at the senior bowl if you want more info on what route we are going... I seen that they have been interviewing a lot of cb couple wr a te defensive players most
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    You are telling us to watch tape but yet your basing this off 1 game?
    Too bad you don't realize that Zac Dysert has never looked good when facing a step up in competition.

Again, he's played against lower tier competition, in a lower tier conference, with only an average arm, and couldn't muster a winning record there.

His stock will go down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Too bad you don't realize that Zac Dysert has never looked good when facing a step up in competition.

Again, he's played against lower tier competition, in a lower tier conference, with only an average arm, and couldn't muster a winning record there.

His stock will go down.
    Agreed.

vCash
    I'd rather put a patch on next season with a vet, then go all in for Bridgewater next year. I think this kid is gonna be something special IMHO.
    Last edited by YankeeFanAlways; 01-27-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Never said I could spell !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I'd rather put a patch on next season with a vet, then go all in for Bridgewater next year. I think this kid is gonna be something special IMHO.
    while i never support tanking a season before a single game's been played (let alone lost), i definitely agree with you about bridgewater having MASSIVE potential at the next level. his footwork and vision across the field really impressed me, even before he beat down my gators in the sugar bowl. plus he has a cannon arm and can make almost all of the throws.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    It has been reported by Cimini that "a mole in Mobile" said the Jet's Brass (Idzik, REX, and scout(s)) spent a great deal of time with UNC Mike Glennon. They (I) love his size and arm strength, but after that, my love starts to wane, and my skepticism starts to soar.

Senior Bowl stats: 8-16, 82 yards, 0/0 - TD/INT. He had some really bad throws although the entire North QBs were under considerable pressure, and he was the only one who didn't actually get sacked - BUT that 50% completion makes me CRINGE, because his 2012 completion % was only 58.5% with 31 TDs but 17 INTs - OUCH! - and situationally - he has the exact same (58.5%) completion rate on 3rd and 4-6 to go - and his overall 3rd down % is 56.7%. These stats are all worse than his 2011 stats with a 62.5% completion rate (61.7% on 3rd down), the same 31 TDs, but only 12 INTs.

He is, at best, a project, but he looks more promising - to me - than the rest of those guys.

As far as Zach Dysert is concerned. He may have had one of the weakest surrounding casts his Senior Year - but he hasn't done himself any favors lately especially during Senior Bowl week, and in the game - he looked a lot worse (to me) than 10-16, 93 yards with 1 TD/1 INT and 2 sacks. He is a "sad sack," as he was sacked an average of over 3 times/game during this past season.

www.nfldraftscout.com - with has been around a long time, and has been extremely good, as they start reporting as underclassmen - have Dysert of a 4-5 round pick (so far), and have him ranked 9th out of 143 QBs.

Here is, I think, as accurate description, AFTER the Senior Bowl, "01/24/13 - 2013 Senior Bowl, Quarterbacks...6. Zac Dysert, Miami (OH). While he has good size, his arm has been the most inconsistent of any player here. Of all the quarterbacks he's the one who has made the least amount of impressive throws during the week. He's not consistent throwing downfield which makes him a liability at the next level. The feeling here is that teams would rather try and develop one of the other quarterbacks listed above before Dysert. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Here's a similar look @ Mike Glennon - who might go in the 2nd round. I SHOULD'VE SAID THAT I DON'T SEE US SPENDING A 1ST ROUND PICK ON A QB - and even a 2nd is a stretch - but who knows?

"01/24/13 - 2013 Senior Bowl, Quarterbacks...3. Mike Glennon, North Carolina State. After three days there's pretty much no denying that he has a strong arm. That's not to say he's wholly consistent or mobile and that keeps him from being complete. Everything you've seen and read about him being a statuesque pocket passer is true and concerns about his accuracy down the middle of the field and being frenetic when under pressure are valid. There's work to be done on him but the consensus is that his arm has potential and that might be enough for a team to fall in love with him with a Top-30 pick. I wouldn't call him great but this is where he ranks among the group in Mobile. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Glennon - 6'6.5" - 220 shows room for putting on muscle - I think he has huge bust potential as well, and he seems like he could a taller Kellen Clemens, and that's not a good thing to me.

Tyler Wilson - 6'2" - 218 - projected 1-2nd round - will probably end up going higher - but not on my board! He has run a 4.78 40, but that;s nothing because Sanchez ran a 4.65 - 4.81, @ 6'2" - and I hope Wilson can use it better than Mark did - ALTHOUGH - I would love to see Earweg, and David Lee (if it was Roth, at least he might rock!) completely be able to pull a 180 degree turn around with Sanchez - but I'm not even going to think about it, although we surely will get a chance to watch them try - bet on it!

"Tyler Wilson, Arkansas. Wilson has been the most consistent and has the smoothest mechanics, so if I had to pick one of the quarterbacks to start a game for my team, he would be the guy. He bounced back from a Monday practice that included a gross interception to have a more consistent practice Tuesday while flashing a good arm. Wednesday's work was also mostly good, especially when working to his tight ends. Wilson didn't take a ton of chances and it resulted in a lot of completions. It feels like he's a bit more of a playmaker with experience in a pro offense and that's enough to make him the best passer here. - Dave Richard, CBSSports.com

Well - that's my 2 cents on the Senior Bowl QBs

Probably a smart kove by Geno Smith for not coming to the Senior Bowl - chicken-squat, but smart - when you're the #1 prospect, but it is very tentative (very very very tentative) compared to last years guys - you do as little as possible to let people change their minds, unless you have to - and nobody at the Senior Bowl put any pressure on him. G. Smith will keep his work-outs to the most controlled environment as possible - smart (chicken-liver, but smart)!

I just don't see us doing any "reaching" this year, especially with a guy like Smith (although if Idzik, Earweg, D. Lee, and scouts fall for him - what am I going to say? - GOOG LUCK, and GO GENO!)

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I think the QB rankings are basically like this:

Geno>>>>Barkley>=Wilson>Jones>Glennon>Manuel> Nassib>Dysert>Bray

But in a perfect world, we suck *** next year and land Teddy Bridgewater at #1 overall...I think I like him almost as much as Andrew Luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post

But in a perfect world, we suck *** next year and land Teddy Bridgewater at #1 overall...I think I like him almost as much as Andrew Luck.
    ^ this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post

In a perfect world Sanchez becomes Brady, Manning, Rodgers and we win the SB the next 5 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    In a perfect world Sanchez becomes Brady, Manning, Rodgers and we win the SB the next 5 years
    ^ this

Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast