Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Right now without making any trades...and there will be trades...I probably look for something like:

1: Moore/Mingo/Werner DE/OLB
    2: Dysert QB
    3: Fragel OT
    4: Lester S
    5: Corey Fuller WR
    6: Christine Michael RB
    7: Michael Williams TE

Something like that.

vCash
    More Dysert info:

Having overtaken Ben Roethlisberger as Miami of Ohio's career passing leader (12,016 yards) despite playing under three head coaches and a combined five different positional coaches and offensive coordinators, Dysert ranks as one of the more intriguing second-tier signal-callers available in the 2013 draft.

Dysert signed with Miami of Ohio after a terrific prep career that saw him earn the 2007 Art Teynor Award given annually to the state of Ohio's elite high school player. He passed for 3,714 yards and 35 touchdowns despite missing three-and-a-half games with a broken thumb and demonstrated his toughness and commitment to the team by simply switching to wide receiver and linebacker when the injury kept him from throwing the ball.

After redshirting in 2008 (earning the RedHawks's Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year), Dysert emerged as the starting quarterback in 2009, beginning a string of four years at the helm.

Despite the changes in coaching, Dysert made steady progress as a passer over his career, watching his touchdown-to-interception ratio improve from 2009 (12 TDs/16 INTs) to 2010 (13/12) to 2011 (23/11) and finally culminating with a senior campaign that saw him lead the MAC in both passing touchdowns (25) and passing yardage (3,483 yards) with just 12 interceptions.

Despite Dysert's impressive career totals, his numbers should have been even better. The coaching turnover wasn't the only obstacle Dysert had to overcome while at Miami of Ohio. Unreliable receivers, including during his senior season, also contributed to him earning just third-team all-MAC accolades as a senior. These factors could lead to Dysert making a significant jump up draft boards during the all-star game and workout sessions leading up to the draft.
    I hope it's not too significant a jump. Hoping for a 2nd round ceiling and no one goes crazy on him.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-20-2013 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Right now without making any trades...and there will be trades...I probably look for something like:

1: Moore/Mingo/Werner DE/OLB
    2: Dysert QB
    3: Fragel OT
    4: Lester S
    5: Corey Fuller WR
    6: Christine Michael RB
    7: Michael Williams TE

Something like that.
    Seems like more of a wish list than actual.

Jets have no need for Werner, he's a 3-4, 4-3 DE only, the Jets don't need another DE.
    Moore is expected to be gone, but if he's there the Jets will take him.
    Lester will go day 2.
    MWilliams will go day 2 or early day 3.
    As for Dysert, if the Jets take him in the 2nd round that would be a bad pick, because there are far better prospects that are expected to be available to the team.

vCash
    Werner is not a 3-4 DE, and by far my least favorite of the three. Mingo is very realistic right now.

Williams is too one dimensional (best blocker in the class) to go that early and carries a 5th round grade on draftinsider.

The Dysert explanation does nothing for me. QB is by far the most important position on the field and he is a very solid prospect by the numbers. Only thing he's missing is college wins, but he crushed in the other stuff ( starts, completion%, 3000 yard seasons).

Lester is going to have to fight Vaccarro, Reid, Elam, McDonald, Swearinger, Jefferson, Williams...Loaded safety class will leave a good prospect there if the Jets want to go that route.

That said, pretty close to a wish list. The real wish list includes trades.

vCash
    Werner is not a 3-4 DE, and by far my least favorite of the three. Mingo is very realistic right now.
    Werner is more 3-4 DE than 3-4 OLB.
    The Jets have no need for him.

Williams is too one dimensional (best blocker in the class) to go that early and carries a 5th round grade on draftinsider.
    Actually MWilliams is not 1 dimensional, he can catch, but he comes from a run heavy program that didn't put a priority on passing.
    And let's say draftinsider is right, you still seem to think that the BEST run blocking TE in the draft will go in the 7th round.

The Dysert explanation does nothing for me. QB is by far the most important position on the field and he is a very solid prospect by the numbers. Only thing he's missing is college wins, but he crushed in the other stuff ( starts, completion%, 3000 yard seasons).
    First of all, no explanation will do anything for you because you clearly have a thing for Dysert that no one else has.
    He's good, but there are much better prospects projected to be available in the 2nd round.

Lester is going to have to fight Vaccarro, Reid, Elam, McDonald, Swearinger, Jefferson, Williams...Loaded safety class will leave a good prospect there if the Jets want to go that route.
    I agree that this is a loaded Safety class, but Lester has the superstar potential that some other of those guys don't.
    Not to mention he's expected to show out in the combines as well.

That said, pretty close to a wish list. The real wish list includes trades.
    I like Mingo, and I still say unless Moore falls to 9 (doubtful), the Jets should go Mingo or fall back a few spots and land Warmack.

Another thing I've been hearing of late is the Jets trading back and possibly going WR (I wouldn't be in favor of it, but I would understand it), so if they do that, they better be able to get a plethora of picks in return.

vCash
    Actually MWilliams is not 1 dimensional, he can catch, but he comes from a run heavy program that didn't put a priority on passing.
    And let's say draftinsider is right, you still seem to think that the BEST run blocking TE in the draft will go in the 7th round.
    Williams can be dirty in the red zone, but he has no real experience catching the ball in the middle of the field.

Best run blocking TE might as well be the best blocking FB,

First of all, no explanation will do anything for you because you clearly have a thing for Dysert that no one else has.
    He's good, but there are much better prospects projected to be available in the 2nd round.
    An informed opinion would sway me. You have yet to offer one, and there are plenty of positive and very positive scouting reports on the internet.

You can make this argument for any prospect anyway.

I agree that this is a loaded Safety class, but Lester has the superstar potential that some other of those guys don't.
    Not to mention he's expected to show out in the combines as well.
    Yeah, he's a good prospect but not that good for me. Reid and McDonald are the potential stars for me. Lots of these guys should show out in the combines.

vCash
    I would also look to trade and grab Jonathan Cooper, the UNC guard that I think is right behind Joekel for best OL in this draft.

I want to trade Cromartie for a 1st and a future pick while he's hot right now. Maybe get to know the kids he has on the other side of the country. Packers, Lions, and possibly the Vikings would be matches and there are plenty of other teams that need CB help.

Something like Cromartie to the Packers for pick 23 and a 2013 3rd would have me going:

1: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
    1: Jonathan Cooper OG
    2: Zac Dysert QB
    3: Kyle Fuller CB
    3: Sean Porter DE/OLB
    4: Marcus Lattimore RB
    5: Quinton Patton WR
    6: Michael Williams TE
    7: Dustin Hopkins K

In FA, after making the Pace/Scott/Smith/Smith/Vlad cuts and a couple of restructures:

Resign one of Pace/Scott for cheap or possibly chase Connor Barwin or Paul Kruger if they want to play for cheap
    Resign Keller at a fair deal
    Resign Slauson
    Resign Bell cheap
    Felix Jones RB
    Chase one of Phillips/Landry/Moore/Delmas for S and take the second cheapest.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    If Werner falls to the Jets, and they draft him it's clear that they're going to move to a 4-3. Werner is the best 4-3 DE out of this draft, IMO.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Williams can be dirty in the red zone, but he has no real experience catching the ball in the middle of the field.
    You do realize that the Jets have been known for struggling in the red zone.
    MWilliams would be a step in the right direction there.

Best run blocking TE might as well be the best blocking FB,
    That makes no sense, that's like comparing a RB to a WR.

An informed opinion would sway me. You have yet to offer one, and there are plenty of positive and very positive scouting reports on the internet.
    If an opinion would easily sway you, then he must not be as good as you've been harping nonstop about.

I don't need to "sway" you, there are better prospects.
    That isn't just my opinion, it's the opinion of just about everyone that is looking at players in the draft.
    Don't try to act like it's not.

You have a thing for Dysert, fine.
    He's good, but in reality it's you that would have to sway us on why we would take a player whose arm has been compared to Chad Pennington and hasn't had success against inferior competition collegiately, as to why we would want to spend a 2nd rounder on him, when there are at least 5 QBs that are better.

You can make this argument for any prospect anyway.

Yeah, he's a good prospect but not that good for me. Reid and McDonald are the potential stars for me. Lots of these guys should show out in the combines.
    Reid is also a SS and lacks good coverage skills.

McDonald and Lester each carry roughly the same ranking, I prefer Lester because his coverage skills are a bit better.

Also let me name the QBs that are better prospects than Dysert that may be available in the 2nd.
    MBarkley, TWilson, MGlennon, RNassib, LJones, TBray and TBoyd (if he declares).

I don't even like 2 of them and they all carry a higher grade than Dysert.

I'm not saying the Jets shouldn't take Dysert but definitely not in the second round, especially when you can get him later.

vCash
    I really don't understand the obsession of Zac Dysert all if the sudden. Guys on here creaming in their pants because he's a new name that has gained value. Do some research on him and then tell me what you think because I did and I see no future with him.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Considering that there's no WR in that draft, I would be concerned if the Jets do that. The can go out and get one or two solid WR's through trades or FA, but they need to rebuild that position from within. Holmes will be gone after next year, and Kerley will likely become too expensive to keep after 2014 when his rookie contract expires.

Look at the Giants as an example of how to build a receiving corp. Draft at least one every year, and develop them slowly. Then as they get good and expensive, let them go into FA, and keep the revolving door going.
    The Jets have way too many holes to fill in one draft - WR could be ok if you see Holmes / Hill / Kerley / Edwards and Gates as your starting 5 - yes they have issues getting separation but 1st yr wide outs rarely make an impact. We need to fill out a roster and add depth.

The draft I suggest, if they pan out (sheesh if this if that but lets hope), gives you the core of a young D line with Mo, Coples, Ellis and Harrison, young backers with Davis, 1st Rd OLB (Mingo / Jones ) Jenkins and Harris with some depth and resigning Landry using Paces $$ gives you a chance to set your defense for a few years.

In 2014 you go heavy on offense - do you see the Jets being competitive needing to turn over a roster with little cap space to add more than low end FAs?

vCash
    I would take Dysert over most of those QBs on that list. In fact, the only one I would take for sure over him is Wilson, and I don't like him as an early first QB prospect.

Reid can play in coverage. He's right with McDonald and Lester.

Also:

If an opinion would easily sway you, then he must not be as good as you've been harping nonstop about.
    Key phrase: informed opinion.

He's good, but in reality it's you that would have to sway us on why we would take a player whose arm has been compared to Chad Pennington
    His game was compared to Pennington. The arm was said to be decent in the report you are referencing. Two separate notes.

You do realize that the Jets have been known for struggling in the red zone.
    Yes, that I why I like Williams.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-21-2013 at 02:13 AM.

vCash

a few thoughts on recent points

1. Joekel is too good to pass, but he will never make it to #9

2. Scared to risk j jones due to medical concern

3. love the idea of warmack! Trading down slighty to get him would perfect, but he is a very safe prospect

vCash
    I would take Dysert over most of those QBs on that list. In fact, the only one I would take for sure over him is Wilson, and I don't like him as an early first QB prospect.
    According to you only Geno and TWilson will go ahead of Dysert.
    Would you like to make a sig bet that Dysert is not the 3rd QB taken in the draft?

Reid can play in coverage. He's right with McDonald and Lester.
    Reid has been torched this year, his coverage is not as good as you think.
    He is a SS, not a FS, and the Jets need a true FS.

Also:

Key phrase: informed opinion.
    Key Word: opinion.

His game was compared to Pennington. The arm was said to be decent in the report you are referencing. Two separate notes.
    Out of all the QBs I listed, Dysert has the weakest arm of all of them, and the last thing the Jets need is a QB that can only throw the dink and dunk like Pennington.

In NY you must have a winter arm, it's questionable if Dysert has that arm.

Yes, that I why I like Williams.
    In Williams the Jets wouldn't be getting a 1000 yd receiving TE, but they would be getting the Chance Warmack of TEs, that can catch 2-3 passes a game for modest yards.

I see MWilliams as a day 3 gem, that some team will be very pleased with..

If the Jets add MWilliams and CWarmack the run game is INSTANTLY much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I like Mingo, and I still say unless Moore falls to 9 (doubtful), the Jets should go Mingo or fall back a few spots and land Warmack.

Another thing I've been hearing of late is the Jets trading back and possibly going WR (I wouldn't be in favor of it, but I would understand it), so if they do that, they better be able to get a plethora of picks in return.
    Now with Cleveland switching to a 3-4, I doubt Mingo will fall to us.

I'm warming up to the idea of trading down for Warmack and grabbing Brandon Jenkins later on

Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast