Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Let's take a hybrid OLB/DE who will be confused at which position he is again or maybe a nickel CB that should seal the deal for us.
    Yeah, that's what happened.

Moore or Mingo please.

I'm thinking:

Mingo/Moore DE/OLB
    Jarvis Jones (Stenosis fall from Jah to the Jets) DE/OLB
    Larry Warford OG
    Jawan Jamison RB
    Zac Dysert QB
    Dustin Hopkins K
    Westzel OT BC

would be good stuff. That's what I have to think about right now.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 01-14-2013 at 03:28 AM.

vCash
    I go to Rutgers so I'm very familiar with Jawan Jamison and he's not that great. Injury prone, small, and needs 30 carries to get 100 yards

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    If I am the Jets I try to trade back with the Rams. The Jets Number 9 pick for the Rams 22 and their second rounder. Not sure how the value is graded but something like that should work.

Go with Best lineman or Pass Rusher available in the 1st.
    Get a running back and TE in the Second. Lacey, Eifert?
    OLB Chase Thomas in the third.

Maybe take a chance on a mid-late round QB but I just don't see a QB worth taking a high pick on in this draft.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Sounds like the Jets if they had had hit on Gholston and Sanchez. Stupid Gholston and Sanchez....
    How a guy like Gholston can't get to the quarterback is beyond me. He was so fast and strong. I saw a pick of him waking the field with his shoulder pads off and the guy looked like superman. What a waste of an NFL body.

vCash
    Yeah, that's what happened.

Moore or Mingo please.

I'm thinking:

Mingo/Moore DE/OLB
    Jarvis Jones (Stenosis fall from Jah to the Jets) DE/OLB
    Larry Warford OG
    Jawan Jamison RB
    Zac Dysert QB
    Dustin Hopkins K
    Westzel OT BC

would be good stuff. That's what I have to think about right now.
    I think everyone is really high on Moore and he is projected to go higher. Mingo is all over the place in the mocks so I am looking forward to seeing him at the combine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    I think everyone is really high on Moore and he is projected to go higher. Mingo is all over the place in the mocks so I am looking forward to seeing him at the combine.
    Mingo is probably going to kill the combines.

He's expected to run around a 4.5 with a quick 10 yd split.

I like Mingo at 9, but I also want to know how DJordan will do as well.

Moore is too good to last until 9, unless teams before us gamble on 2nd tier QBs earlier, which may drop Moore back to us.
    Doubtful but possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Mingo is probably going to kill the combines.

He's expected to run around a 4.5 with a quick 10 yd split.

I like Mingo at 9, but I also want to know how DJordan will do as well.

Moore is too good to last until 9, unless teams before us gamble on 2nd tier QBs earlier, which may drop Moore back to us.
    Doubtful but possible.
    Havnt seen much of mingo, going to watch some tape and see how it goes.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    update Mingo looks like Maybin... A bit scared of that

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Pauline from Draft Insider/SI raved (as much as he can rave) about Mingo law week, and he's probably my favorite draft guy so I'm on board. He's the most explosive pass rusher of the bunch as far as physical tools go and I give him that he put on good weight this year.

Mingo over Jordan as the better pass rusher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    update Mingo looks like Maybin... A bit scared of that
    Beyond being fast, tall, and pass rushers they have nothing in common. SEC vs Big 10, Maybin was a natural 220 while Mingo is a natural 240+ (a HUGE factor in why this extremely lazy comp doesn't work even when I was less sure of Mingo), Mingo was better in college, he's got a better frame....

Don't even think its particularly close between them.

vCash
    Havnt seen much of mingo, going to watch some tape and see how it goes.
    His speed will remind you of Maybin, but Mingo is more physical and takes better angles.

Mingo is a true passrusher.

vCash
    Beyond being fast, tall, and pass rushers they have nothing in common. SEC vs Big 10, Maybin was a natural 220 while Mingo is a natural 240+ (a HUGE factor in why this extremely lazy comp doesn't work even when I was less sure of Mingo), Mingo was better in college, he's got a better frame....

Don't even think its particularly close between them.
    Well besides what you said I was making that comparison from what what ive seen of him. Looks like to me there is a lack of pass rushing moves, and had trouble getting around big offensive lineman. And that seemed like maybins problem, a one trick pony. Correct me if im wrong here but I think the O-lineman in the NFL get bigger and more athletic.

Dont really watch college ball just some tape on the guys we can potentially pick in that slot.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Well besides what you said I was making that comparison from what what ive seen of him. Looks like to me there is a lack of pass rushing moves, and had trouble getting around big offensive lineman. And that seemed like maybins problem, a one trick pony. Correct me if im wrong here but I think the O-lineman in the NFL get bigger and more athletic.

Dont really watch college ball just some tape on the guys we can potentially pick in that slot.
    On the bolded part, Mingo uses both rip and swim moves effectively and even spins every now and again. He does struggle with bigger lineman at times, but from a stand up position, he will be much more effective. Plus in college, he was rarely single blocked. Teams game-planned this year to take him out of the game. this He uses his hands really well for a guy that started playing football as a junior in HS. This coupled with his natural speed makes him the top pass rushing prospect at OLB IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    On the bolded part, Mingo uses both rip and swim moves effectively and even spins every now and again. He does struggle with bigger lineman at times, but from a stand up position, he will be much more effective. Plus in college, he was rarely single blocked. Teams game-planned this year to take him out of the game. this He uses his hands really well for a guy that started playing football as a junior in HS. This coupled with his natural speed makes him the top pass rushing prospect at OLB IMO.
    Sounds about right, if we were to draft him i hope he becomes elite. That goes with any player we draft, crossing my fingers.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Is pass rusher the most risky position to try for in the draft or am I just gun-shy?

With our needs on O I'd just as soon go for a safe O-line pick....and we can even move back a few spots to do that. A very low risk win win.

Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast