Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSleepTill View Post
    does Joe Namath count as YOUR franchise QB? Hall of famer and won the only ring for the Jets.
    I wasnt alive for that....... hope one day I can see a superbowl

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Chad Pennington was solid for this team for years. The problem was that he was never going to be a spectacular QB who could take over games and win with his arm, which is why so many fans turned on him even before the injuries.
    Ken O'Brien had spectacular passing years but injuries and bad drafts on the Oline led to him being hit/sacked too often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_O'Brien

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishjetsfan View Post
    Ken O'Brien had spectacular passing years but injuries and bad drafts on the Oline led to him being hit/sacked too often.

Leave it to an Irishman to bring up O'Brien.

vCash
    Ken O'Brien sucked!!!!

No heart having azz!!!

vCash

Has anyone brought up Lacy?

Watching tonight's BCS game (and the last two years) you have to be impressed by Eddie Lacy. Is a running back worth a #9 pick? I know conventional wisdom says you can pick up good backs in the later rounds. Plus, he's playing behind the best o-line in college football. But...this guy is powerful, quick and has breakaway speed. Also, he seems to run with a mean streak, an attitude we need desperately on offense.

So...if he declares, is he a consideration?

This is my first post on PSD. I love hearing the thoughts and ideas of other suffering Jets fans. Just take it easy on me as I get the hang of things. Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KVT View Post
    Watching tonight's BCS game (and the last two years) you have to be impressed by Eddie Lacy. Is a running back worth a #9 pick? I know conventional wisdom says you can pick up good backs in the later rounds. Plus, he's playing behind the best o-line in college football. But...this guy is powerful, quick and has breakaway speed. Also, he seems to run with a mean streak, an attitude we need desperately on offense.

This is my first post on PSD. I love hearing the thoughts and ideas of other suffering Jets fans. Just take it easy on me as I get the hang of things. Thanks
    Impressed by Lacy?
    Yes, absolutely.

But he's considered a 2nd or 3rd round prospect, which is no surprise because he's built just like another RB we know well.
    Lacy is a combination of Trent Richardson and Shonn Greene with a bit of shake to him.

So no, I won't spend the #9 pick on him, but he would get a look in the rounds after that.

Welcome to the forum.

vCash
    lol i'll give you a pass for saying lacy at #9 but there are no rb's or wr's worth taking at 9. the only position of need worth taking there would be if luke joekel ot fell to #9, chance warmack that big lg for bama, or which i want and that is olb like bjoern werner or jarvis jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Impressed by Lacy?
    Yes, absolutely.

But he's considered a 2nd or 3rd round prospect, which is no surprise because he's built just like another RB we know well.
    Lacy is a combination of Trent Richardson and Shonn Greene with a bit of shake to him.

So no, I won't spend the #9 pick on him, but he would get a look in the rounds after that.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your input. I would love to see him available in round 2. I'm having a hard time seeing how we can fix our QB problem this off-season, so an upgrade at RB may be the next best thing.

The only problem I have with your comparison is including Greene (and I like him). I see the power, but I am having a hard time remembering the last time he broke off a long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Ken O'Brien sucked!!!!

No heart having azz!!!
    You either never saw him play or never got over the fact that the Jets passed on Marino for him.

He hardly sucked, and was a top 10 QB of his era before injuries slowed him down.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMAN5 View Post
    lol i'll give you a pass for saying lacy at #9 but there are no rb's or wr's worth taking at 9. the only position of need worth taking there would be if luke joekel ot fell to #9, chance warmack that big lg for bama, or which i want and that is olb like bjoern werner or jarvis jones
    Just throwing out thoughts to hear others opinions. I agree with your focus on the O- line and OLB, both clearly areas in need of upgrade.

Thanks for giving me a "pass", I'll give you one for your grammar.

vCash
    Just throwing out thoughts to hear others opinions. I agree with your focus on the O- line and OLB, both clearly areas in need of upgrade.

Thanks for giving me a "pass", I'll give you one for your grammar.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Never saw him play but Ken O'Brien was a good QB from the numbers I've seen. Not to mention my Dad chose my middle name when I was born in 91' so my name turned out to be "Connor O'Brien Heil"

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash

Lacy would be a good pickup in the 2nd round. He has good size at 220 lbs and is surprisingly good at making people miss for a bigger back. If the Jets drafted Lacy and a couple of o-linemen, the offense will be drastically improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Never saw him play but Ken O'Brien was a good QB from the numbers I've seen. Not to mention my Dad chose my middle name when I was born in 91' so my name turned out to be "Connor O'Brien Heil"
    I think your name is cool, but Ken O'Brien was another Jet move where they outsmarted themselves - sort of like the British WWII General Montgomery's "master plan" to end the war by Christmas 1944. It was called "Operation Market Garden," which was characterized the failure that it was in the movie, "A Bridge Too Far." That's what this Jet draft pick was like. Instead of Taking Marino, a Division I star @ Pitt, they "went off the board for $200 Jack" ("Jokers Wild"), and drafted a Division 1A (this used to be the way they classified College Football - Div IA was a step down from Division I, and they drafted a strong armed, SLOW OF FOOT - QB from Sacramento State, and then University of California-Davis - Ken O'Brien - who had 1 very good year as a Jet, and 2 fair years, his best being his 2nd year, where we had an offensive powerhouse in 1985, with 3 of the longest starting O-lineman - 5-time Pro Bowler LT Marvin Powell, Center - Joe Fields, and LG Dan Alexander - and yet Kenny was sacked a league record 62 times! It wasn't bad protection then, it was a QB that couldn't read defenses, and couldn't get the ball out of his hand, and couldn't get out of the way of a slow rolling freight train from 1 mile away. Only David Carr was sacked more with a still standing record of 76 times in one season. Even with that - we had such great offensive skill positions players - check this out - RB - Freeman McNeil (2nd only to Curtis Martin in total yards, but by far the best yard per carry @ 4.5, of any Jet RB with over 1500 yards - Martin was 4.0), Jets all-time TE leader, and 2-time pro bowler - Mickey Schuler, WRs Wesley Walker, and Al Toon, and Johnny Hector - who had 300+ receptions in his career. It was O'Brien's only legitimate Pro Bowl year, and he had his career high yards @ 3888, 25 TDs and 8 INTs, and led the league in the lowest INT% (1.6%), Yards/Attempt (8.3) and in QB rating @ 96.2. From there, it was ALL downhill; 3rd year QB Rating of 85.8 and 4th year 82.8. OTHERWISE, in his other 6 years as a Jet QB - his QB rating was below Sanchez's career rating.

Still, in 1985 - we went 11-5, and lost to the 11-5 Patriots - the other wildcard team (that was the year that the 11-5 Broncos didn't make the play offs) - that was also the year the Pats got killed by the Bears in the SB. We didn't even win the AFC East as Marino led the Fins to 12-4.

The scary thing is - he and Chad Pennington are the only Jet QBs to have more TDs than INTs in their career - O'Brien 128/98, Pennington - 85/55.

When I watched O'Brien - except for his GREAT OT win against the Dolphins - I was always waiting for him to get sacked. With Chad - his 1st year starting (his 3rd year) seemed like a miracle - like we had finally done it! He came in and went 8-4, with a completion % of 68.9% (led the league) with 22 TDs and only 6 INTs, and he led the league in TD% @ 5.5 AND QB rating of 104.2. Chad only played one 16 game season for us, in 2006 - Mangini's 1st year we went 10-6, and got creamed in the wildcard game at Foxboro - but we had the "Mangenius," unfortunately, Chad went 1-7 in '07, and then he had that great year with the Dolphin, playing all 16 games for the 2nd, and last time and going 11-5 with his 2nd highest QB rating of 97.4. Chad is also one of the few Jet QBs that had a regular season winning record @ 32-29, ALTHOUGH Sanchez beats him @ 33-29 reg/season, and crushes all Jets QBs with play off record of 4-2 (never playing a home game). I KNOW - I KNOW - this could very well be ancient history - although only time will tell.

Only other Jet QB with winning play off record? Joe Namath @ 2-1 (only made the play offs twice, but the 1st time was magic!

Lets hope we see this again in my life-time!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by irishjetsfan View Post

Yeah, but don't forget the Jets passed on Dan Marino for O'Brien in the draft!!!!!!! They thought O'Brien would be a better QB.......how'd that work out for us????

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast