Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love this idea. There aren't your typical studs at the top of the draft. It is a good draft to make trades and stockpile picks. I love the idea of trading down and taking eifert. He is a big tight end that can go up and catch. I would look to take a QB though like Nassib at some point though. I don't want to bring McElroy back next year. They need to clean house with the QB's with the exception of Sanchez if the cap hit prohibits it.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Here's a scenario I have in my head that I like a lot. Tell me what you think

Cincinnati needs a OLB badly and in my mock I have Jarvis Jones falling to #9. What if we trade our 1st and 3rd round pick to the Bengals for their 23rd, 37th and 54th pick. They take Jarvis Jones and we take.....

23. Tyler Eifert TE
    37. Giovani Bernard RB
    39. Baccari Rambo FS
    54. Anthony Barr OLB

vCash
    BroadwayJoe could disagree with me but Jets could wait to pick Jordan Reed instead of Eifert. Yes he was MIA in the Sugar Bowl but he and Gillislie always stand out for UF on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan99999 View Post
    Did you see him get taken apart by Vanderbilt? If he can't handle Vandy, he can't handle the NFL.
    The guy is overrated. Hasn't elevated the offenses play. He did once: In the 2nd half against FSU this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    BroadwayJoe could disagree with me but Jets could wait to pick Jordan Reed instead of Eifert. Yes he was MIA in the Sugar Bowl but he and Gillislie always stand out for UF on offense.
    reed is like a quicker keller... very limited blocking skills, disappears in spurts, not a very crisp route runner. that's not to say he'll be a scrub at the nfl level, because i don't think keller is a scrub. rather, i believe reed will just be an average or mediocre TE (and a one-dimensional TE at that).
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I don't agree with firing Rex, but beautifully articulated.

I think if we go
    1st- OLB/O-line
    2nd- WR/RB
    3rd- WR/RB/O-line (which ever we didn't get earlier)
    If the right TE drops then slide that last line down
    that could potentially set us up with a great core, with most of our holes filled. Obviously we have to hit our picks.

Then we can bring in a good QB on a one year deal and try and find a franchise guy the next season. That is how you can be a playoff team, with a lot of potential, and potentially become a contender.
    Not only are you asking to hit on your picks, you're banking on the right position to be there and there aren't a lot of these guys in the draft. QB/RB/WR are going to be reached for throughout the entire draft. Good teams don't plan on rookies starting, its a luxury when they can.

And who is this QB on a one year deal? Who is the "franchise guy" next season? There is nobody out there.
    **** justin verlander and **** colin hanks for kind of looking like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Unless we covet THE BEST OG, OT, LB (one of the top 3), DE - I agree that we should trade down and garner more picks - BUT - who knows what things will look like in 4 months?

The O-line and the D-line (front 7) are where games are won and lost - UNLESS you have THE GREAT QB, and some good receiving targets. Look what Andrew Luck did with a BAD O-line, and a weak running game, but several very fast WRs that can catch the ball.

Remember some clamoring for us to draft Colby Fleener? He ended up missing 4 games - including their upcoming play-off game, AND ended up with 26 receptions and 2 TDs for 281 yards, and negative 5 blocks, and that's with Luck at QB.

Jeff Cumberland, 2nd string in 8 games (0 when McElroy started, all others from Sanchez) - caught 29 for 359 and 3 TDs . He is going to just get better (KOW).

GO JETS!!!
    we need more picks, I see jarvis jones falling to us so I say trade that pick to some sucker, I really like Hankins and warmack if we can get them moving down the mid first round if we get an extra 3rd and 6th Im all for trading our 9th pick down

NO playmakers on offense but its a perfect draft to rebuild our trenches period

vCash
    I know its not a sexy pick but what is everyones thoughts on Chance Warmack? Guard is obviously a need, if we get one legit guard. WE would have 3/5 of our line set for a long time.

vCash
    As long as we hit 90% of our draft this year I could give a rats *** who we pick up. I really just wanna see us move in the right direction under a new GM

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrackar View Post
    I know its not a sexy pick but what is everyones thoughts on Chance Warmack? Guard is obviously a need, if we get one legit guard. WE would have 3/5 of our line set for a long time.
    He is pretty much the only offensive player I want in the first round who will realistically be there for us at 9 or slightly later

vCash
    The Jets need to hire their new GM and then evaluate what they have.
    The cap situation will dictate their free agency moves - LIMITED

There are a lot of starters who need to be resigned/replaced
    @ RB Shonn Greene is a UFA
    @ TE - Keller is a UFA, Cumberland is a RFA
    @ OL Both starting guards are UFAs while the RT is an RFA
    @ WR Edwards & Shillens are both UFA
    @ K Folk is UFA

On Defense
    @ DL Devito is UFA
    @ LB Thomas
    @ S both Landry and Bell are UFA

We are all calling for Sanchez to be benched so how many starters will return
    We are also likely to cut older players with high salaries (Scott / Pace / Smoth x2)
    I am not including some of the depth players as we all now realise the team has a talent deficet
    As of now I see the team as follows

Offense
    QB ANOTHER, Sanchez
    RB Powell, McKnight
    FB None
    WR Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Gates
    TE Reuland
    LT Ferguson
    G Schlauderff
    C Mangold
    G Ducasse
    T None

Defense
    DL Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Pouha, Harrison
    LB Harris, Davis, MacIntyre
    CB Revis, Cromartie, Wilson
    S Allen, Bush

Special Team
    P Malone

Who do you resign of our own and what low priced options are available for us to try and fill out the roster before we look to the draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not only are you asking to hit on your picks, you're banking on the right position to be there and there aren't a lot of these guys in the draft. QB/RB/WR are going to be reached for throughout the entire draft. Good teams don't plan on rookies starting, its a luxury when they can.

And who is this QB on a one year deal? Who is the "franchise guy" next season? There is nobody out there.
    Will elaborate when I am on a computer but that took more into account then it shows.
    In 1st one of Jones or Mingo should be available and well as maybe Lewal. And an unlikely outside shot at Joeckel.

Any of those can come in and probably start, 3 of them should contribute at a high level right away.

Then in the next round we pick where some top receivers are rated ignoring reaches. And if for some reason Bernard drops we take him.

Would have included a safety but we might not need one and I doubt the one I want us to draft won't be there.

Annoying typing on this thing, will finish it later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    reed is like a quicker keller... very limited blocking skills, disappears in spurts, not a very crisp route runner. that's not to say he'll be a scrub at the nfl level, because i don't think keller is a scrub. rather, i believe reed will just be an average or mediocre TE (and a one-dimensional TE at that).
    Poof! There he is....on command.

vCash
    i thought we were cool, ex-redskinsfan

:cry:
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Offense
    QB ANOTHER, Sanchez
    RB Powell, McKnight
    FB None
    TE Reuland
    LT Ferguson
    G Schlauderff
    C Mangold
    G Ducasse
    T None

Defense
    S Allen, Bush

Special Team
    P Malone

Who do you resign of our own and what low priced options are available for us to try and fill out the roster before we look to the draft[/QUOTE]

I put in bold who we can not go into the season with as a starter. Your list just shows that we need to go offensive line big time in this draft and come away with 3 starters. I like our receivers if Edwards comes back. That is a good temporary fix until Holmes can be cut and we can go after someone else. I think Gamble will bring Alex Smith over so he will need to build a good line to protect him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Offense
    QB ANOTHER, Sanchez
    RB Powell, McKnight
    FB None
    TE Reuland
    LT Ferguson
    G Schlauderff
    C Mangold
    G Ducasse
    T None

Defense
    S Allen, Bush

Special Team
    P Malone

Who do you resign of our own and what low priced options are available for us to try and fill out the roster before we look to the draft
    I put in bold who we can not go into the season with as a starter. Your list just shows that we need to go offensive line big time in this draft and come away with 3 starters. I like our receivers if Edwards comes back. That is a good temporary fix until Holmes can be cut and we can go after someone else. I think Gamble will bring Alex Smith over so he will need to build a good line to protect him.[/QUOTE]

Our Offensive line was **** this season!! yes we need to draft heavy in offensive line!!!! Alex Smith won't come to NY because we need all the draft picks we can get!

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast