Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we should take the BPA at OLB, OL, RB and perhaps S depending on what they plan to do with Landry and Bell.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I've said this from the beginning sign Byrd with the money Landry wants and draft someone like Jones or Mingo in the first and our D is complete.

I've been a supporter that a QB MUST be selected in 2-3. Sign Moore or Campbell and draft Wilson, Nassib, or Murray. I like all 3 and think they could be solid pro QBs if they are coached and instructed well by good coaching (Good OC) is a must. WR should not be addressed and I really don't see any HBs worth taken in RD 1-2.

O-Line is tricky because we really don't have a bad group, Moore/D'Brick/ were excellent this year, Mangold was good, Slauson was average. RT is more of a need than OG. And for those who hate this WR core Sanchez made it look worse than what it is, we have potential there.
    Last edited by Jets012; 01-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    I think the Jets have to take Warmack in the first round whether that means trading down or not depending on offers and take a QB like Wilson/Landry Jones in the second round and bring in a QB to play for one year. I know he's pretty hated but if you can afford Vick financially without killing the cap I think he can play better with a solid offensive line and a run-first offense. And worst case is he sucks/gets hurt then u bring in the recently drafted QB to finish the season and get some experience. I really don't think there is anyone available at QB that will make the Jets a strong contender next year but Vick has the most potential. If the season sucks, you get rid of him, Sanchez and Rex and try to find a longer term solution at QB.

vCash
    ^ Hey Jets012 ^

The loudest cries at the earliest points in the season, even in the preseason, were about a total lack of sufficient talent @ WR and TE!

I know Sanchez didn't make anyone better, but our "Receivers" (WR, Slot, TE, RB) had one of the lowest success rates on getting open in press man to man coverage, which almost every team we played used against us so that they could stack "the box" to stop the run.

The reason McElroy took 11 sacks against a weak Chargers secondary was no one could get open, and he had more just under 1 second more than Sanchez's average drop backs. When no one is open, there's no place to throw the ball, and if the QB is out of the "tackle box" he can throw it away - but neither Sanchez or McElroy had enough escapability to take that route, SO - they either get sacked, and can fumble like Sanchez (9 Fumbles in 14.7 games) and McElroy (1 fumble in 1.3 games), or throw into to coverage (especially when behind and need to make something happen) and get picked off (Sanchez - 17, McElroy - 1).

SO - no matter if it was Sanchez or McElroy - Sanchez has a higher INT % and McElroy has a higher fumble % - and both were the result of "Receivers" not getting open.

Yes - losing Satanio Holmes, and barely having Keller contributed to this, BUT even when those guys were healthy - we were still considered one of the least talented receiving corps in the league.

How can WR/TE not be a HUGE NEED. I'm not saying we should take a WR/TE with our 1st pick - JUST BECAUSE - but if there is a great one like A.J. Smith, or Julio Jones, or a Gronkowski/Hernandez combo - I don't see how we could pass on one of them.

I know that there aren't any WRs/RBs/TE's that are ranked in the "Top 15 prospects" - at least as of now - and unless we go for that "Blue Chip" Guard - Chance Warmack, or Tackle - Luke Joeckel - and I don't think we need another D-lineman (although there are tons of top talent DE's and some DTs), and could probably use a pass-rushing 3-down LB - but if we don't go for those guys - we should trade down - pick up draft picks, and start building the offense with a WR, TE, O-lineman - then LB and Safety

But hey - things will change - A LOT - By April, and so much depends on who our new GM is, and if REX is still HC, and who the new OC is, and if REX is here, we don't need to get a new DC if Pettine leaves - just promote Dennis Thurman, and let REX continue to dictate the defense - AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE OFFENSE AND PERSONNEL DECISIONS - because he owns a lot of mediocrity in his picks, especially QB, and OC, and a bunch of other player decisions. HEY - lets bring Derrick mason back - that was REX's idea.

The more I think about this - the more I would be fine with a clean sweep - keeping Pettine and thurman if possible, but let the new GM pick a new HC, and OC and personnel decisions.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    I don't agree with firing Rex, but beautifully articulated.

I think if we go
    1st- OLB/O-line
    2nd- WR/RB
    3rd- WR/RB/O-line (which ever we didn't get earlier)
    If the right TE drops then slide that last line down
    that could potentially set us up with a great core, with most of our holes filled. Obviously we have to hit our picks.

Then we can bring in a good QB on a one year deal and try and find a franchise guy the next season. That is how you can be a playoff team, with a lot of potential, and potentially become a contender.

vCash
    I want to see how Jones plays this week in his bowl game

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    I just hope we trade down now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    I just hope we trade down now
    Unless we covet THE BEST OG, OT, LB (one of the top 3), DE - I agree that we should trade down and garner more picks - BUT - who knows what things will look like in 4 months?

The O-line and the D-line (front 7) are where games are won and lost - UNLESS you have THE GREAT QB, and some good receiving targets. Look what Andrew Luck did with a BAD O-line, and a weak running game, but several very fast WRs that can catch the ball.

Remember some clamoring for us to draft Colby Fleener? He ended up missing 4 games - including their upcoming play-off game, AND ended up with 26 receptions and 2 TDs for 281 yards, and negative 5 blocks, and that's with Luck at QB.

Jeff Cumberland, 2nd string in 8 games (0 when McElroy started, all others from Sanchez) - caught 29 for 359 and 3 TDs . He is going to just get better (KOW).

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Wheres Mike Glennon Projected to go?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Not sure, but I'm hearing people say he might be the first QB taken.

A lot can change after the combine.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Not sure, but I'm hearing people say he might be the first QB taken.

A lot can change after the combine.
    I was reading about him and watched some tape and he looks pretty good. But I havnt seen him in game action. From what I've seen he looks legit...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Here's a scenario I have in my head that I like a lot. Tell me what you think

Cincinnati needs a OLB badly and in my mock I have Jarvis Jones falling to #9. What if we trade our 1st and 3rd round pick to the Bengals for their 23rd, 37th and 54th pick. They take Jarvis Jones and we take.....

23. Tyler Eifert TE
    37. Giovani Bernard RB
    39. Baccari Rambo FS
    54. Anthony Barr OLB

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Here's a scenario I have in my head that I like a lot. Tell me what you think

Cincinnati needs a OLB badly and in my mock I have Jarvis Jones falling to #9. What if we trade our 1st and 3rd round pick to the Bengals for their 23rd, 37th and 54th pick. They take Jarvis Jones and we take.....

23. Tyler Eifert TE
    37. Giovani Bernard RB
    39. Baccari Rambo FS
    54. Anthony Barr OLB
    I don't know if I like this idea, but it might be fun to have a guy named Rambo on the team.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Barr finally said he is returning to school and no way he would have dropped that far if he declared.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Did you see him get taken apart by Vanderbilt? If he can't handle Vandy, he can't handle the NFL.

Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast