Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I still think it is. Its not outdated, running or passing it still starts with protecting the QB. The problem is the Jets had a good oline 3 years ago and havent done anything to keep it fresh.

I don't think so. If the QB is on his back it doesnt matter who is down field.
    Ask Tom Brady if he'd rather play for his own offense or the 49ers offense. Most of the best teams in the NFL nowadays don't have elite offensive lines. I'm not talking about a horrible offensive line, I'm talking about an average offensive line. An average offensive line is all you need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Ask Tom Brady if he'd rather play for his own offense or the 49ers offense. Most of the best teams in the NFL nowadays don't have elite offensive lines. I'm not talking about a horrible offensive line, I'm talking about an average offensive line. An average offensive line is all you need.
    This is why the Giants defensive line manhandles those teams. The Jets are a good pass rusher away from being able to wreak havoc. And the Jets have shown the ability to shut these QBs down in the past already, just havent had the offense to do it.

Brady especially has shown if you get your hands on him he makes mistakes. "Its like throwing through a forest"
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    This GM decision is huge. I can't see the Jets being an attractive organization for incoming free agents after this year. The right GM may have the pull to attract a few good free agents. However, that may not matter if we can't get out of salary cap hell. So with the issues we are most likely facing this year, it is really important to trade down and stockpile some draft picks. In my opinion the Jets need at least 10 picks this year, and we need about 7 to make it on the team. If we stay at 9, the Jets would be foolish to grab a WR, RB, or QB. There's no worthy pick at those spots, unless somebody declares early. Giovani Bernard is really intriguing if we can trade down and land in the 20's of the first round.

vCash
    Geovani Bernard could be this year's Doug Martin. I wouldn't touch him with the 9th pick, but he could easily go in the 1st round.
    I was referencing how none of us asked for a RB in the first round and that there is no one worth considering based on where we are picking.

I would be interested in trading up from our 2nd to the late 1st if Bernard is still around.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    All we need is a QB who can complete passes and doesn't turn the ball over so much. Right now we don't have that

vCash
    9th overall pick should be on a Tackle!

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    This is why the Giants defensive line manhandles those teams. The Jets are a good pass rusher away from being able to wreak havoc. And the Jets have shown the ability to shut these QBs down in the past already, just havent had the offense to do it.

Brady especially has shown if you get your hands on him he makes mistakes. "Its like throwing through a forest"
    The Giants aren't making the playoffs this year and the Patriots have a first round bye. Just because the Giants are a matchup nightmare for high end teams in the NFL doesn't mean they're the better team. You have to make the playoffs to have a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    All we need is a QB who can complete passes and doesn't turn the ball over so much. Right now we don't have that
    I couldn't agree more. I just watch Aaron Murray get the MVP vs Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl. Since there are no skilled players worth taking at #9, I'd like to trade back to mid-late 1st, and pick up another 2nd. Does anyone think Aaron Murray might be worth taking a flyer on in the 2nd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRyno View Post
    This GM decision is huge. I can't see the Jets being an attractive organization for incoming free agents after this year. The right GM may have the pull to attract a few good free agents. However, that may not matter if we can't get out of salary cap hell. So with the issues we are most likely facing this year, it is really important to trade down and stockpile some draft picks. In my opinion the Jets need at least 10 picks this year, and we need about 7 to make it on the team. If we stay at 9, the Jets would be foolish to grab a WR, RB, or QB. There's no worthy pick at those spots, unless somebody declares early. Giovani Bernard is really intriguing if we can trade down and land in the 20's of the first round.
    I would love to trade down a few spots and take Keenan Allen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Net Warrior View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I just watch Aaron Murray get the MVP vs Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl. Since there are no skilled players worth taking at #9, I'd like to trade back to mid-late 1st, and pick up another 2nd. Does anyone think Aaron Murray might be worth taking a flyer on in the 2nd?
    I wouldn't pick him in the 2nd. He makes a lot of stupid mistakes and normally doesn't play well in big games. He struggled in the SEC title games against LSU last year and Alabama this year (except for the final drive). He should go back to school to prove that he can win big games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I wouldn't pick him in the 2nd. He makes a lot of stupid mistakes and normally doesn't play well in big games. He struggled in the SEC title games against LSU last year and Alabama this year (except for the final drive). He should go back to school to prove that he can win big games.
    If he was a proven big game winner he'd be a top ten pick. He's projected as a 2nd rounder and if we can pick him up for "free" (since we have no real use for our #9) I thought it might be worth the gamble, especially considering our QB/cap situation.

vCash
    Bad year for QB/RB/WR in the top-10. And reaching on a guy is dangerous. Especially at QB.

A lot of mock drafts are saying Mike Glennon. Mistake. Not good enough to be a top-10 guy.

Either flip the pick to add picks and move down, or take the best available edge pass rusher for the scheme they play. D was still 2nd in the league vs. the pass w/o Revis, and Wilkerson and Coples will only get better.

Take an OLB at 9, then look for QB/RB/WR in rounds 2-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    Bad year for QB/RB/WR in the top-10. And reaching on a guy is dangerous. Especially at QB.

A lot of mock drafts are saying Mike Glennon. Mistake. Not good enough to be a top-10 guy.

Either flip the pick to add picks and move down, or take the best available edge pass rusher for the scheme they play. D was still 2nd in the league vs. the pass w/o Revis, and Wilkerson and Coples will only get better.

I agree with this. I think we are in need of depth at so many areas that BPA will pretty much be the best way to go. Whether at be OLB, MLB, OT, WR, QB...whatever it is, just take the biggest talent.

vCash
    The Giants aren't making the playoffs this year and the Patriots have a first round bye. Just because the Giants are a matchup nightmare for high end teams in the NFL doesn't mean they're the better team. You have to make the playoffs to have a shot.
    The point was that there are a lot of ways to win and if you start off with a bad line you're starting off with weaknesses. You WILL get pounded by a team like the Giants. That puts your QB in harms way on top of everything.

There's nothing attractive about a bad line. Nobody can throw the ball from their back.

The only team that allowed their QB to be sacked more often than Sanchez is Arizona. That is a glaring problem and what we have isn't average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Net Warrior View Post
    If he was a proven big game winner he'd be a top ten pick. He's projected as a 2nd rounder and if we can pick him up for "free" (since we have no real use for our #9) I thought it might be worth the gamble, especially considering our QB/cap situation.
    NO USE for a top 10 pick? You went overboard on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post

The YPG number is skewed. Teams haven't needed to pass to beat the Jets. They were 30th in the league in pass attempts against. They were also in the bottom 10 in INTs with 11 on the season. There were 6 teams with 20+. They were also 25th in sacks. I get that we're getting Revis back, and I agree with you on the pass rusher, but I think the Jets pass D is getting more credit than it deserves.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    NO USE for a top 10 pick? You went overboard on that one.
    What I mean by "no real use" is that there are no skill players worth taking at #9 and if BPA means going defense for the 3rd year in a row then trading back is superior to BPA.

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast