Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

My opinion on Kubiak's play calling & Schaub

I've been reading a lot of posts here about how Kubiak is our problem...

Honestly it isn't at all. We wouldn't be in the playoffs if it wasn't for him. I really think he makes Schaub look much better then he actually is by calling plays that are suited for him. That is why he's so conservative. It's because Schaub can't handle the big home run passes, he can't make his own audibles at the line. Schaub is a loser and Kubiak's been taking a lot of heat for it. With the team that we have the only way we can win games is to be conservative and manage the clock.

I know for a fact that we won't be able to get past the Patriots if we win against the Bengals next week so in my book I really wouldn't be too upset if Schaub goes out there and does an awful job. If he does this gives us more reason to have a QB competition this off-season with Yates or whoever else we might sign this off season. We will never get over the hump with Schaub as our QB and this is the only real way I can see him possibly losing his job.

Next season with Cush healthy, draft upgrades, and possibly Yates as our starter we should have a much better year. The secondary, ILB, and QB problems have to be fixed.

What do you all think?

vCash
    I'm not convinced Yates has a bigger arm than schaub and kubiak is a good offensive coordinator but still has questionable play calling (every qb in high school up to the nfl can throw a pass far wnough to convert 3rd and 8) and he is incapable of getting his teams ready for a big game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I'm not convinced Yates has a bigger arm than schaub and kubiak is a good offensive coordinator but still has questionable play calling (every qb in high school up to the nfl can throw a pass far wnough to convert 3rd and 8) and he is incapable of getting his teams ready for a big game
    I think you guys are forgetting how good that Brian Cushing is, he's extremely important to our defense. Our secondary blows, and Schaub ****ing blows too.

I'm pretty sure that Schaub can't convert on a 3rd and 8th because he looks to throw the ball away every time he's under pressure. I never see the guy step up in the pocket and throw it before he takes a hit. He's scared!

vCash
    Yates' arm is head and shoulders stronger than Schaub's...and I still wouldn't call it a powerful arm...more like nfl average.

I was surprised when they re-signed schaub at the beginning of the season, and I now feel confirmed that it was a mistake. Schaub is very much a rhythm passer...and when he's out of rhythm he's terrible. I don't care when I watch these Texans. I often find myself playing on my cell phone for vast stretch of the game...

I was in Schaubs bandwagon until yates got the ball last year. I'm in Yates' wagon now, but I wouldn't mind seeing them draft someone with some balls to start grooming in case Yates doesn't work out.

I'm done with Schaub though. Short of winning the superbowl on a broken leg there's not much he can do to even re-earn my respect.

This draft could be an interesting one.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    It could be an interesting one. It Should be an interesting one but I think not o deep down we know we will take a defensive player or lineman in 6 of the 7 picks

vCash
    i just feel id schaub doesnt beat this bengals team next week he should be gone Gary coaching has been really bad i mean yea we in the playoffs and have the most wins yes we did go into the playoffs like this last year but i doesnt feel the same

Kubiak play calling has trully left me disgusted the last weeks he has been out coached and simply embarrassed we dont use the other recievers that would probably be having good season on other teams and seem to end up throwing screen passes on 3rd in longs basically giving us 2 downs to work with

offseason
    QB ?? possibly
    new DBs for sure
    and a legit #2 reciever

and our special teams is filthy the fact that we have kept this coach for 10 yrs and seen former texans move on and return punts for other teams should be awake up call to fire him

vCash
    i really think people are being harder on the corners than they should be. the corners have done a good job imo, it is the safety play that has been suspect, and i think that has to do with the ILB play. without cushing all of our ILB are pretty bad. james is old and cant cover anyone for crap, sobbins is a run stuffer and a good depth guy for goalline stands but not a starter, sharpton idk if he ever came back 100%. but becxuse of the bad ILB play the safeties are having to play up and cautious and it is biting us big in the passing game.

as for not using the other receivers, thats 100% on schaub not kubiak. go look at the tape, time and time again there will be open receivers that schaub wont throw too. he either doesnt trust his arm or doesnt trust them. basically if you cover andre, daniels, and walter, we wont move the ball through the air (despite posey looking very nice the last 2-3 games)
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    i really think people are being harder on the corners than they should be. the corners have done a good job imo, it is the safety play that has been suspect, and i think that has to do with the ILB play. without cushing all of our ILB are pretty bad. james is old and cant cover anyone for crap, sobbins is a run stuffer and a good depth guy for goalline stands but not a starter, sharpton idk if he ever came back 100%. but becxuse of the bad ILB play the safeties are having to play up and cautious and it is biting us big in the passing game.

as for not using the other receivers, thats 100% on schaub not kubiak. go look at the tape, time and time again there will be open receivers that schaub wont throw too. he either doesnt trust his arm or doesnt trust them. basically if you cover andre, daniels, and walter, we wont move the ball through the air (despite posey looking very nice the last 2-3 games)
    Agree 100%. Jackson has been a beast all season.

vCash
    the thing about the safeties having to suck up an play closer to the line is that we only have one physical enough in manning. quinn gets ate up on the run, he cant read play actions and takes bad approaches on runs and fake runs. then we he does assess the run right he gets bowled over by bigger backs. im not saying hes a bad tackler but i dont feel hes big enough. once cush gets back he can go back to playing freely in the back and covering which is his strong suit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nacdaddy View Post
    the thing about the safeties having to suck up an play closer to the line is that we only have one physical enough in manning. quinn gets ate up on the run, he cant read play actions and takes bad approaches on runs and fake runs. then we he does assess the run right he gets bowled over by bigger backs. im not saying hes a bad tackler but i dont feel hes big enough. once cush gets back he can go back to playing freely in the back and covering which is his strong suit.
    i dont feel thats true at all. he might not be the best at diagnosing it, but when it comes to hitting the back and sticking him, hes just as good as manning imo
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    i've seen quinn make more plays behind the line of scrimmage than manning. in all honesty i think manning has had a subpar 2nd year.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    i've seen quinn make more plays behind the line of scrimmage than manning. in all honesty i think manning has had a subpar 2nd year.
    he really did honestly. Our safety play this year as a whole has been much worse than last year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.