Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up The Middle

vCash
    Originally Posted by YoungStuna28
    Kirk can be a solid all-around player. I think he will make the adjustments next year and K less.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Why do you say that ? If you are a , " Glass Is Half Full ", type of guy than that is fine.
    I'm not a big fan of Kirk either but then again, after 1968, who was a big fan of Tommie Agee?

It's early in Kirk's career. He showed us something early last year before falling into oblivion. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he improves this year.

I wouldn't bet on it but this is baseball and stranger things have been known to happen.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Seriously. This is a no brainer. I'd rather have a slow corner outfielder who can hit than a fast one who can't.
    They needed to keep Flores at third until they knew if Wright was staying...from this point forward he is a corner outfielder...if he and Puello and Nimmo turn into starters they will be our outfield of the future pending any megatrade or FA signing. As I said before when Duda is traded to the AL we will know that the Mets are going all in for a title. Between Murphy, Havens, Tovar, Tejada, Valdespin and Checcini we have enough middle infielders for the next decade....I just hope we have better luck than the last outfield of the future: FMartinez-Gomez-Milledge....and before that Payton-Ochoa-AEscobar!
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    E

They needed to keep Flores at third until they knew if Wright was staying...from this point forward he is a corner outfielder...if he and Puello and Nimmo turn into starters they will be our outfield of the future pending any megatrade or FA signing. As I said before when Duda is traded to the AL we will know that the Mets are going all in for a title. Between Murphy, Havens, Tovar, Tejada, Valdespin and Checcini we have enough middle infielders for the next decade....I just hope we have better luck than the last outfield of the future: FMartinez-Gomez-Milledge....and before that Payton-Ochoa-AEscobar!
    That's a good point that I never thought of and it makes sense. Has anyone in the FO mentioned that they will begin to move home into the OF????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    That's a good point that I never thought of and it makes sense. Has anyone in the FO mentioned that they will begin to move him into the OF????
    No one in the org has uttered as much as a syllable. I'd be willing to bet imaginary money (I'm a coward when it comes to betting, I admit it) that he plas zero outfield innings during ST.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Why do you say that ? If you are a , " Glass Is Half Full ", type of guy than that is fine.
    I'm a "glass is filled halfway in the cup" type of guy. Optimistic when I see fit, pessimistic when I see fit, mostly realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Kirk either but then again, after 1968, who was a big fan of Tommie Agee?

It's early in Kirk's career. He showed us something early last year before falling into oblivion. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he improves this year.

I wouldn't bet on it but this is baseball and stranger things have been known to happen.
    True, Tommie had a Jason Bay-esque season in 1968, but he was AL rookie of the year 2 years earlier. And Kirk?

vCash
    Our OF should be LF- Duda; CF - Kirk, RF - V-Spin.
    If we're going to be awful, we might as well put the 3 OF's on this roster who have some potential.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123