Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Up The Middle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    It also worked with Mookie and Lenny....HoJo and Knight...Backman and Teufel.
    Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Laurel and Hardy, Bush and Quayle, Bush and Chaney.

Yeah, I'm crossing a line now.

Anyone else going to be missing Dick Clark tonight?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Good post and some very good questions.

I've been thinking about Murphy to Toronto (plus a prospect, probably) for Emilio Bonifacio, who's got a good glove in the OF and planty of speed to lead off. Since Sandy didn't expand the Dickey trade to include Boni, I guess he isn't that interested. If Murphy got traded, I'd like to see a Spin/Flores platoon at 2B.

Duda will always be a concern in the outfield, unless he develops into a 30+ HR guy. It's amazing how much mediocre fielding is tolerated in a slugger.
    I liked the idea of getting Gose in the Dickey deal instead of Syndergaard and would have included WFlores to make it happen...but alas we got what we got and we shall see over time how TDA and Noah turn out. Bonifacio [only 27] looks like a great candidate as he plays 2B and CF and though he is not a star he could play either spot depending on how Kirk/Cowgill/Valdespin/Havens turn out. What else does TOR need that we can spare?

ARI has an outfield surplus too---AJ Pollock was surpassed by Adam Eaton as a possible speedy leadoff hitter---moving Upton to RF, Ross to LF and Kubel and backup Parra to the trading block. ARI needs a 3bman so a swap for Murphy and another body for AJ seems fair to me. I would rather watch kids with star potential than mediocre hitters or retreads who cost $13M a year.

Re Duda---anyone here remember Dave Kingman? He played mediocre D, belted 30 homers in a time when 30 meant something, had a terrible attitude except when sexy women reporters were around, but was always in demand somewhere. Duda could be a better overall hitter with similar power numbers and a better attitude. Duda is a good #6 or 7 hitter on a good team. We should not trade him until we know he has reached his potential or we get a real value in return.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Syndergaard>>>>>>Gose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Syndergaard>>>>>>Gose.
    Yet to be seen.

vCash
    I'm not a BIG KirkN guy (still believe in the end he'll be a very good 4th OF and not a good regular) but realize this: He pretty much skipped AAA last year. He should not have been in the bigs. So I'll give him a break for the #'s he put up after those first 100 abs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yet to be seen.
    Syndergaard's the better prospect with the higher upside. Their floors are about the same even though Gose is almost major league ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    It also worked with Mookie and Lenny....HoJo and Knight...Backman and Teufel.
    Mookie and Lenny were both lefty hitters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    No, Mookie was a switch hitter and played vs LHP
    Bulls wont make the playoffs you can write it down.
    I've talked to some Nets and they told me they are saving their energy for the playoffs and people talking down on them are going to be suprised. One player told me "this was our plan all along"
    DMF on May 4th 2013:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Kirk can be a solid all-around player. I think he will make the adjustments next year and K less.
    Why do you say that ? If you are a , " Glass Is Half Full ", type of guy than that is fine.

vCash
    For the life of me, and for the life of my good buddy FOC, neither of us can understand why the Mets do not play Flores in the OF in the minors..

Please do not give us that he is too slow, that is just nonsense. Anyone who can play SS can play LF.

Stop with Flores as a 2B. Leave Murphy there. He is a professional hitter, something that the Mets lack.

I could go to war with an IF of Davis, Murphy, Tejeda and Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    For the life of me, and for the life of my good buddy FOC, neither of us can understand why the Mets do not play Flores in the OF in the minors..

Please do not give us that he is too slow, that is just nonsense. Anyone who can play SS can play LF.

Stop with Flores as a 2B. Leave Murphy there. He is a professional hitter, something that the Mets lack.

I could go to war with an IF of Davis, Murphy, Tejeda and Wright.
    Seriously. This is a no brainer. I'd rather have a slow corner outfielder who can hit than a fast one who can't.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Laurel and Hardy, Bush and Quayle, Bush and Chaney.

Yeah, I'm crossing a line now.

Anyone else going to be missing Dick Clark tonight?
    Joe Biden and anybody????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Why do you say that ? If you are a , " Glass Is Half Full ", type of guy than that is fine.
    He has shown the ability to be a solid hitter and has very good defense in center field. Him striking out was really his big downside. By cutting down his K's, he can be a very solid, all around player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Mookie was a switch hitter. Against lefties, Mookie would play center and Kevin Mitchell would play left field. Against righties, Dykstra played center and Mookie would play left.

vCash
    Adam Eaton sounds like a Len Dykstra CF and should be a top priority for Alderson to try and acquire from Arizona. If Eaton is untouchable than get gold glover Parra. Arizona is over loaded it he OF. Eaton is worth going after in a big way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast