Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Nothing but respect for Peterson...he's a ****ing beast.
    Rodgers deserves MVP though.
    I really hope your kidding...

vCash
    Mvp
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    He is awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfan84 View Post
    You have to consider that Eric Dickerson had roughly 30 more rushing attempts. Had Peterson had the same amount of carries as Dickerson had, he would have got the record. And would have beat it by about 300 yards.

So in my opinion, AP's season beats Dickerson's season.
    Stop with the "would haves"

I'll give you a "would have", if Dickerson had played with the threat of the modern passing game he "would have" had 2500 yards.

See how a "would have" works?

I'll stick with what he "did have" thank you.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    He was still recovering this year, 2,500 next!

vCash
    This game was so dissapointing for me. GB doesn't get the win to help the Bears in the playoffs and AP (whom I am a huge fan) fails to break the record.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    His twitter post said it all.....class flipping act. He is my fav player in this decade and now could be all time after what he said....sad to see him not get it though.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Stop with the "would haves"

I'll give you a "would have", if Dickerson had played with the threat of the modern passing game he "would have" had 2500 yards.

See how a "would have" works?

I'll stick with what he "did have" thank you.
    Eh, his "would have" is pretty accurate, though. 30 more carries for 9 yards.... Yes, it would have happened. Likewise, with the "threat of the modern passing game", Dickerson would have never gotten those 30 extra carries.

Here, in this situation, we can actually judge the "would haves" for their own merit. His is good, your's is lacking.

vCash
    I wanted AP to get the record. If he had scored a touchdown on the last run, he would have. Or if the Vikings weren't playing for a playoff spot, he would have. Damn shame to come that close to rare greatness, yet fall short.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Eh, his "would have" is pretty accurate, though. 30 more carries for 9 yards.... Yes, it would have happened. Likewise, with the "threat of the modern passing game", Dickerson would have never gotten those 30 extra carries.

Here, in this situation, we can actually judge the "would haves" for their own merit. His is good, your's is lacking.
    Spare me. With the need for defenses to cover the passing game, Dickerson "would have" had more yards per rush.

BTW, just trying to show how an unsubstantiated claim means nothing.

So "would haves" are little more than a meaningless speculation. In this case it is meant to diminish an all time great performance to raise a lesser performance. After the fact, there is a fact, Dickerson has more yards rushing and all the theoretical gymnastics you or the other poster make or claim, that is still the fact.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver-boy View Post
    I really wanted that game to go to OT lol
    I was hoping the kicker was going to miss the FG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Spare me. With the need for defenses to cover the passing game, Dickerson "would have" had more yards per rush.

BTW, just trying to show how an unsubstantiated claim means nothing.

So "would haves" are little more than a meaningless speculation. In this case it is meant to diminish an all time great performance to raise a lesser performance. After the fact, there is a fact, Dickerson has more yards rushing and all the theoretical gymnastics you or the other poster make or claim, that is still the fact.
    First of all, I didn't perform any mental gymnastics.
    Second, I never said I was in agreement with the other poster that his point makes APs season better than Dickerson's.
    I simply stated that his hypothetical is absolutely true, where as your's is far more speculative without any real guidelines for judging it or coming to that conclusion.

So, while I agree with your larger point -- at the end of the day, the fact is Dickerson holds the rushing record, period -- and am comfortable with your interpretation (Dickerson's performance was superior), your use of a hypothetical to try and show how another hypothetical is meaningless rally was misplaced and didn't work. Your hypothetical is far more speculative and doesn't make the point you hoped to.

vCash
    Prime Iverson could have rushed for 3,000 yards - in 10 games.

vCash
    AP's season > Dickersons' season
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Great year for AP. 9 yards really doesn't matter. That's like 1 play difference. Classy player as well. The fact that the vikings made the playoffs he should win mvp.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456