Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    people have to remember that chris johnson ran for 2000, had more total yards and tds than peterson, and set the single season yards from scrimmage record at the time, his team finished 8-8 and baiscally did what peterson did on a similar team (helpwise) and did not get a single mvp vote. mvp voting takes history into consideration. why would the mvp voters give peterson a vote when they didn't even give johnson 1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by truevision View Post
    people have to remember that chris johnson ran for 2000, had more total yards and tds than peterson, and set the single season yards from scrimmage record at the time, his team finished 8-8 and baiscally did what peterson did on a similar team (helpwise) and did not get a single mvp vote. mvp voting takes history into consideration. why would the mvp voters give peterson a vote when they didn't even give johnson 1?
    Because the Titans were never really in playoff contention that year. Peterson has led this team to the playoffs almost by himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Because the Titans were never really in playoff contention that year. Peterson has led this team to the playoffs almost by himself
    no other rb that has run for over 2000 yards has not received a single mvp vote in history. oj simpson's team did not make the playoffs when he ran for 2000 yards and he got mvp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by truevision View Post
    no other rb that has run for over 2000 yards has not received a single mvp vote in history. oj simpson's team did not make the playoffs when he ran for 2000 yards and he got mvp
    Right, this should be evidence that Peterson will get votes. As opposed to getting none, when that's only happened once.

I'm not following your logic here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Right, this should be evidence that Peterson will get votes. As opposed to getting none, when that's only happened once.

I'm not following your logic here
    the point of my post is that I posed the question to shine light on what I feel was wrong in the mvp voting in 2009 and how it is flawed overall. A rb that goes for 2000 and sets the single season yards from scrimmage record should at least get some votes for the mvp. johnson got 1 vote his rookie year and that makes no kind of sense.

vCash
    I think he thought he had it for a second.

Wish he did. hope he gets mvp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Great to see fans who appreciate greatness. Kinda like when Favre was with the Pack. Had nothing but respect for the dude. Same with Barry Sanders. AP was a beast today...coming up 9 yards short was tough to see but the fact we got the W in the biggest game of the year was huge. I'm a Viking fan and not taking anything away from AP but OJ's 2000 yards came in just 14 games so he would have projected out to about 2300 yards in 16 game season. Now that is impressive as well.
    2300 yards? Damn he could get away from defenses like he getting away with murder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    2300 yards? Damn he could get away from defenses like he getting away with murder.

vCash
    He should win it, but I highly doubt he will. What these QB's have been doing lately isn't all that impressive anymore. What AP did was

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is it really clear that he is the MVP?

Could a legitimate case be made for Peyton Manning?

Could a legitimate case be made for JJ Watt?

This season long rushing performance is a significant achievement and deserving of any accolades or recognition he receives.
    This year is really tough for the MVP Award. There are so many guys that you can make a case for IMO

Drew Brees 4,781 yards 39 touchdowns

Peyton Manning 4,355 yards 34 touchdowns 68% 104 QB Rating

Adrian Peterson 2097 rushing yards 12 touchdowns

Calvin Johnson 122 receptions 1964 yards receiving

JJ Watt 20.5 sacks 15 knocked down passes 4 forced fumbles

vCash
    One of the good ol' boys is going to win MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Nothing but respect for Peterson...he's a ****ing beast.
    Rodgers deserves MVP though.
    Rodgers is a beast, but this year the only 3 that should be mentioned in the mvp category should be ap manning and watt, maybe brady and ryan too ...i think ap should win it though, broncos without manning still wins 7games atleast(horrible division).... Vikes without ap win no more than 3 games, win or lose hes been a treat to watch on tv and for football glad hes a viking...!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biglows27 View Post
    Rodgers is a beast, but this year the only 3 that should be mentioned in the mvp category should be ap manning and watt, maybe brady and ryan too ...i think ap should win it though, broncos without manning still wins 7games atleast(horrible division).... Vikes without ap win no more than 3 games, win or lose hes been a treat to watch on tv and for football glad hes a viking...!
    Please explain how Manning has been better than Rodgers.

vCash
    If AP does not win MVP the award should be changed to best quarterback. Honestly I just cannot see how you can give the award to anyone else. He threw the Vikings on his back this season. The man is truly a beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan213
    If AP does not win MVP the award should be changed to best quarterback
    Like the Heisman trophy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast