2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweet 17

0 0%
  • 3rd Time IS A Charm!

2 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    You can't base the Jazz on their stats, they have that factor that can't be seen on paper. Even a reporter, or journalist can speak of their game but its still something you have to have an eye for, and why scouts are important, stats don't exactly prove anything, its not like this is a video of NBA.
    I agree with you Ryan. They have an intangible. Call it hustle, team play, effort, poise, team, call it anything you want. I say it amounts to over achieving and is a result of a competent coach.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Wins don't mean a thing. All they do is get you in the playoffs, and don't guarantee anything!

however, what I see in them, is what I see in the younger SAS! Who have been a dominate playoff team as long as Stockton and Malone were going to finals.(I am talking about LAC)
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-31-2012 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    I tell ya what, if we had a once in twenty year talent like Duncan fall into our laps and stayed with the system that Coach Pop, Coach Sloan and now by extension Coach Ty utilize we would really have something.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Like a 1999 or 2003 Spurs...SAS themselves said "a streak is nothing without a Ring". or something like that.

They have lacked in the recent years, thanks to Lakers(and Dallas) who had just as great players in Dirk and Kobe, I mean they haven't tasted greatness since 2007, and this year was suppose to be their last big year, but I doubt they will quit this year unless they get hurt. Duncan and Parker are a threat, whether 8th or 1st.

I think LAC is missing nothing. They are young, talented and have two of the best young guys in CP3 and Griffen. Did Jazz need to face them to grow..yes! They learned how they work, and if Jazz could watch them play on tape, and figure out what made them better, then Jazz might turn this season around!

vCash
    We all just forget how close we all were to beating the clippers twice this year, and yet we lose to circumstances, and we just go, "Oh Well, they are the best!" Thats not an attitude I have. I'm not okay losing to anyone, whether it be the worse, or the best team. We have a chance to beat them all. And making excuses like, "they have something to prove, and look, bleacher report has them number 1" doesnt mean we dont qualify to beat the **** out of them every night.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    We can add this to the soup of things that need to change on the Jazz.

Attitude, has said to be the most important about success! Confidence has won people titles.

Jazz are that one team is one step to greatness but doesn't know it. Their to busy going over the flim flam crap. Like reporters only talking about regret, frustration and stupid emotions that players should talk about or think about. All their focus is going away when they are to busy reading reports about how they blew it.

They should be sitting down everyday watching the other team and figuring out their weaknesses, and setting the stage/starters to beat them. That means if we play a team we know how to fight them. I think this is why LAC has been so hot, cause they are commited as hell, and spend lots of time prepping! Being commited is also putting the right guys in at starters. The same 5 starters will NOT always be the right 5 to start.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-31-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12